Why did you choose Atkins????

Discussion in 'Atkins Diet' started by PurpleBobKat, 13 October 2011 Social URL.

1. PurpleBobKat

PurpleBobKat Full Member

I Chose Atkins because it stops hunger pains, instantly eliminates everything I shouldn't be eating & if stuck to is a really healthy & varied diet.

Plus it works!!!

What other reasons have you guys chosen to follow the fabled Mr Atkins wonderful diet???

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. shellsmithcat

shellsmithcat Silver Member

Start Weight:
    11st8lb
    Current Weight:
    10st2lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st7lb
    Lost(%):
    1st6lb(12.35%)
    Diet:
    Atkins
    I chose Atkins because I hate counting calories - working shifts I really dint have the time to weigh and count everything - and I'm allowed my favourite foods - meat & cheese yum x

4. dreamer85

dreamer85 Full Member

I chose atkins as im an absolute carnivore haha!

Diets like WW dont work for me as im still 'allowed' everything. If i know i have to restrict something, in this case carbs, i find it easier to train my mind on what i can and cant eat n foods to instantly avoid. I know with atkins that the saying 'one little bite wont hurt' doesnt apply so it keeps my will power in check!

5. Kat1e

Kat1e This is for life

Start Weight:
    17st8.9lb
    Current Weight:
    12st12.8lb
    Goal Weight:
    12st6.2lb
    Lost(%):
    4st10.1lb(26.77%)
    Diet:
    Atkins Maintenance
    I chose atkins because
    - i had to do something i felt so bad
    - it said it would get rid of that ravenous hunger (it did)
    - the food is so delicious so i dont feel deprived

Now i would add-
    - it works:D
    - it's so easy to do including going out a lot
    - i've never eaten so much fresh food and yummy veg

6. small_spoon

small_spoon Member

Start Weight:
    12st7lb
    Current Weight:
    11st7lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    1st0lb(8%)
    Diet:
    Atkins
    I picked the Atkins diet because the food sounded yummy and its has very clear rules. Everytime I sit down to dinner I think I cant believe I am on a diet! lol! x

7. PurpleBobKat

PurpleBobKat Full Member

When I told some people I was going on Atkins, on of the guys actually said that it is a dangerous diet & will cause 'brain damage'. I couldn't believe it.....he honestly thought that living on meat, fish, fruit & veg would cause brain damage. Completely insane.

8. Kat1e

Kat1e This is for life

Start Weight:
    17st8.9lb
    Current Weight:
    12st12.8lb
    Goal Weight:
    12st6.2lb
    Lost(%):
    4st10.1lb(26.77%)
    Diet:
    Atkins Maintenance
    Lol - that's a new danger i hadnt heard yet! :D

9. Everhopeful

Everhopeful " If at First".....

Start Weight:
    13st8lb
    Current Weight:
    13st0lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st6lb
    Lost(%):
    0st8lb(4.21%)
    Diet:
    No Sugar.
    Because it's a healthy, common sense diet.

Or is thinking that proof of 'brain damage'? :8855:

Having said all that, I must have had BD yesterday I was at a friends & fell right off the wagon - M&S fruit cheesecake - among other things!! :break_diet:

10. xwendywoox

xwendywoox Full Member

Goal Weight:
    9st2lb
    Diet:
    Weight Watchers
    I chose Atkins for all of the above reasons others have already mentioned. I DO NOT feel deprived, I never have that 'starving feeling' which you get onother diets which eventually leads to falling off the wagon.

I think about it like this......

The way we are eating is the way our bodies where made to eat. We are eating all the 'natural' foods we have been provided (the food chain) and our ancestors have eaten this way for centuries. Meat and greens, eggs and cream. All natural food that hasn't been 'messed' with! How can that be 'bad' for you! End of.... :)

xwendywoox

11. girlygirl1

girlygirl1 Banned

I chose Atkins so that I could enjoy the benefits of ketosis whilst still being able to eat a wide variety of yummy food. I knew that this way of eating would not only be great for weight loss but also just about perfect for longterm maitenance.

Even if we fall from grace we can always come back to Atkins Induction and deal with the damage!

12. Sarah98

Sarah98 Full Member

I chose it beacuse it worked for me in the past but also - It's a diet I understand where I am not often hungry (un-heard of on any other diet) and if I am hungry loads of things I can eat.

Lots of things I can eat and enjoy

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.