Why did you chose CD?

haywat

I chose to do CD, as I just can't do any other diet.

I've tried Slimming World & WW, but I lose the first week normally & that's it! Then I find it all depressing that it's not coming off & I start eating rubbish again.

I choose this diet, as I'm hoping that eventually it will stop the cravings of the bad food (mayo is my biggest)

I want to follow this diet through till I get to goal & then maintain.

Last time I did this diet, I lost 21lbs in 15 days & then I just came off of it & went back to my old ways.

I'm going to do it properly this time.

Hi Haywat

Same reasons as you - when I stop seeing results I give up.

Plus these other diets make you think about food too much!! When I was on SW the first thing I did when I woke up was decide what I was going to have for Dinner, so I could figure out what to have for lunch (ie Red or Green!) And WW I was always trying to balance my points.

This way, I don't have to think about it - just what flavour I will have!

L

Great question!

I chose CD as a last resort. Ive tried every other diet under the sun but I just cant stick to a diet that includes food. I get into the mentality that a little of this and a little of that wont hurt.

I couldnt afford LL, and to be honest the whole group meeting thing doesnt really appeal to me.

I have found CD to be both the hardest and the easiest diet ever. Hard because the thoughts of food dont go away, but easy because if you follow the rules the weight will just melt off.

I still have a long way to goal and at the moment I am focused and think I will get there. But the most important thing to me is to make sure I follow the maintenance steps properly and do not put the weight back on.

Im the samw. I found slimming world way too complicated, im not normally thick but i just couldnt get my head round it! And WW, i used to out on and loose the same couple of llbs every week, plus i had a Marjorie dawes style leader.

I hadn't heard of Cambridge until I stumbled upon this very wonderful website. I was considering Literterlife but found the cost prohibitive hence Cambridge which I love.

For me it was the simplicity of it, no having to plan food etc, don't like LL as I dont feel the meeting sessions are any inspiration for me. Plus CD is way cheaper than LL and the same products. I keep wanting to eat but then look at my big fat legs and have another glass of water. I think it will be hard and I know I will fall off the wagon at some stage, but it has to be done !!

Another reason I chose CD was that my CDC actually understands that I carry weight really well, even at a size 8 I was still 10 stone something, I am now nearer 14 stone and still only a size 16 which isnt bad, but it isnt healthly either, but my CDC knows that to get me to 9 stone which is what 'text books' say I should weigh will make me look very ill. At WW or SW they could never understand that, so there I was at 14 stone with a 8 stone goal !!

Good luck to us all, we will do it, maybe we should have a goal for us and book up a big posh do for Christmas somewhere so we can all wear those smaller stunning dresses we will have worked so hard to get into !

Hi Haywat, I wish I had found VLCDs years ago! They really do work. I swapped over from Lighter Lift to Cambridge because I couldn't eat the LL bars and was desperate for something to chew after 11 weeks!!! I wouldn't have had the confidence to change if I hadn't found so much inspirational stuff on Minimins.
Just stick with it and the weight will tumble off you!

I chose VLCD as I am an all or nothing type of person and hence I could do nothing easier than "a little bit".

Mike

I'm like Mike, all or nothing. I find it easier to go without than to have to think and plan exactly what I am going to eat each day - it also has the downside of making you constantly think about food and what you are going to eat next. Sam was spot on when she said it is the easiest and the most difficult diet all at the same time.

I considered LL but wasn't keen on the group sessions and had heard that the food packets weren't great. I then stumbled on Cambridge and the rest you know! I have good days and bad days but whilst the weight continues to drop the motivation stays with me.

Georgie
x

A family member went away with a friend and came home saying how he had lost 3st in 6 weeks. It really hit home when I saw the photos -he looked amazing!

I found the Cambridge website and started within a week!

God Bless Alan Howard for his inspiration and his dedication - we owe him a lot.

I have tried all sorts of diets over the years and have had varying amounts of success with most, however when I start to see results (usually after a couple of months) I slowly slip back to my old habits and inevitably the weight goes back on.
It requires a certain frame of mind to diet and unfortunately this cannot be switched on/off at the drop of a hat.
The advantages with CD is you do not have to worry about food. With other diets having some food often leads to having more, but when you can't have any at all, its easy.
I do think about food, who doesn't?, but this diet removes alot of the thinking and visits to the fridge. I hardly open the fridge these days!

All in all this has been the most successful diet for me and one I will continue with until I've have obtained the desired result.

May I also add this forum is a great inspiration (which I discovered before starting CD) and people such as icemoose, big al's blog and many, many more truly inspirational people have made this life changing journey happen for me. I thank each and everyone of you for showing me what the CD can do.

I started off on LL 10 weeks ago through desperation to kurb my seriously bad eating habits. I ashamed to admit that I was living off tea, choc bars - only cadburys Star Bars (up to 8 a day), porridge & red wine. My excema and health was bad, my emotions were all over the place and I had my eye on my true love (havent got him yet). I stayed 100% commited to LL for 7 weeks but I was surviving on just 3 flavours and the cost was crippling me. The counselling worked initially but then I found it intrusive and dreaded going. One night I was browsing the net and came across this sight and that is how I found out about CD. Within a few days I'd started with my new CD foodpacks (without a break) and am now so happy and on top of the world. I didnt know CD existed before this website. Its half the cost of LL and 200% better flavours. I don't regret my first 7 weeks with LL because I don't think i'd have got out of my initial bad habits quite so easily without that group support. I suffered really bad withdrawal for nearly 2 weeks compared to most who suffer the symptoms for 5 days. I've since learnt that was due to not knowing to reduce carbs before totally abstaining. We live & learn.

Dawn xx

This question is great, hearing everyone's different reasons.
My reason for doing cd was firstly I've tried every single diet on the market and end up bigger than when I started! I heard about this diet but had no idea it would be as good as it is!
We have been trying to conceive our first child for over 3 years now and had 2 miscarriages along the way so at our last fertility appointment the consultant said I really need to loose weight before they can offer us any treatment :cry: I felt awful and so humiliated. I've always put up with ignorant people judging me because of my weight but this really hit home, I felt I'd let my husband down so the next day I began my Cambridge journey and although I've still got a long way to go I'm doing it and that's the main thing, it doesn't matter how slow/fast it goes as long as it does go! I will walk into my next appointment and shock them all :D

I have joined ww every year for about the last 4 years.
I always lose the first stone quite quickly, but then I stick to it rigidly and the scales only move 1lb at a time and I find it very unmotivating.

Fair enough if I cheat I expect to maintain or gain but when you stick to it and don`t cheat at all and then only lose 1lb its :confused:

So for me cd was about taking food out of the equation, not having to weigh and measure and then having to try and make a meal out of high pointed food when you have not properly planned.

I am not knocking ww at all as I think its a great plan but just not for me.

CD is the only diet that has got me motivated and the weight is coming off.

I have joined ww every year for about the last 4 years.
I always lose the first stone quite quickly, but then I stick to it rigidly and the scales only move 1lb at a time and I find it very unmotivating.

Fair enough if I cheat I expect to maintain or gain but when you stick to it and don`t cheat at all and then only lose 1lb its :confused:

So for me cd was about taking food out of the equation, not having to weigh and measure and then having to try and make a meal out of high pointed food when you have not properly planned.

I am not knocking ww at all as I think its a great plan but just not for me.

CD is the only diet that has got me motivated and the weight is coming off.

I'm with you Sarah, I need to take away food too to look at why I am overeating and eating crap!! My sisters are on slimming world and all they talk about is food, what they have eaten, what they are going to eat and whether they have been good or not... one sister has actually got to goal with SW and became a consultant, but then put all the weight back on and more!!, just sick of talking about food that is why CD is good. People say it is expensive, but if you break it down £2ish each meal is not bad...

Good luck with your journey...

Love

Well i joined CD as every other diet i've tried has not worked after i get to the weight i am now regardless of what i do whether i exercise all week or stick religiously to the diet so i though CD would HAVE to defeat it, i suppose wk4 weigh in will reveal whether i can get past this stone round my neck

Poohbearmufc your right,
When I think we were spending £15 a week on chinese, £10 on subway or mcdee`s and a £5 for ww theres £30 a week already plus the food I was buying aswell.
It actually works out cheaper per week for me to be on cd.

Back