Why do I always question CD ?

paul1978

DO NOT QUIT !
Even though I know that the weight losses are fast on CD as I have done it before, I keep questioning myself non-stop if I want to do this diet or do something like WW. As I need to lose 7 stones, I know CD will do it faster but then I think can I last that long on this diet, therefore should I go to WW. I am only on day 1 today and I am questioning myself already. Any encouragement/thoughts/help appreciated.

Stick with it Paul, the body can do anything but the mind plays tricks on you!!! I swing from hating CD so much because I feel deprived to loving the simplicity of it and the speedy losses!! Day 1 is always the hardest and it's over now.

Don't look any further ahead that the day you're on! I know I can stop CD at any time and move over to a food diet but I also know that given that little bit of freedom, I'll end up slowly but surely allowing naughtinesses to creep in and my weight will creep up.

Good luck with whatever you decide :)

Hi Paul i can relate to your post. A few years back i did the diet but would constantly be convincing myself that CD wasn't the best way to lose the weight, i'd hear myself saying that i couldn't sustain not eating for that length of time so i would try diets that contained food. In the end i lost 4 stone but came away from CD thinking food diets were better and here i am 3 years later back to square one. For me i have now realised i cant deal with food, okay so these dies start good for the first week but as surfhunny said the naughtness would start and really never stop.

This time I'm looking at it in two halves. I have alot to lose and that bogs me down, the mountains to big and it will take me too long!! I have split the amount i want to lose in two, so in my head i tell myself I'm only doing this diet until June (June doesn't seem that far away) so i feel like i can manage with that and i feel its changed my mindset and made me much more positive and happier being on CD this time. Then i plan to maintain for a while until I'm back in the zone for my second leg of the journey.

I wish you luck with your journey Paul, stay strong and fight away those mental demons.

HI Paul - just stick with it - I just focused on what my CDC told me on my first visit - if you stick to it 100% it will work - it can't not work. I followed her advice and it is working - I have less than 2 stone less to goal and have lost your 7 stone in 4 1/2 months - so potentially you could have reached your goal before July - and will be able to enjoy most of the summer feeling a lot fitter and leaner. Go for it - and any time you feel like a wobble come back on here!

PS. I have a friend who has been doing WW for the same length of time as I've been doing CD - she has been really really focused and disciplined and has lost 18 lbs! 100 Vs 18 - I'm not questioning it anymore ;-)

Hi Paul,

I think we have the same starting weight and the same target?

I'm over halfway to goal now, started CD on January 6th at 294lbs, today I'm currently 248!

And to be honest the time has just flown :)

Do whatever feels right for you.

Even though I know that the weight losses are fast on CD as I have done it before, I keep questioning myself non-stop if I want to do this diet or do something like WW. As I need to lose 7 stones, I know CD will do it faster but then I think can I last that long on this diet, therefore should I go to WW. I am only on day 1 today and I am questioning myself already. Any encouragement/thoughts/help appreciated.

I do the same everytime mate. It's your subconscious trying to sabotage things. If you were able to do WW or another similar diet you would have already and if you had that much control with food you probably wouldn't be where you are today.

Do CD, abstain completely from food and use that time to address your issues.

Problem I find is that after a week of CD I feel so in control, that reading CBT/NLP/any other books do anything for me, because I am not out of control or desperate at that point in time. When I am not on CD, i.e out of control and desperate, I know that reading the books and 'curing' myself is going to be a long process and in the meantime I will continue to gain weight - can't win lol

I can sympathise with you, because it's even worse to have lost the weight and regained it than to never have lost before, because you have felt that euphoria that goes with large weight loss. The upside is that YOU HAVE DOEN IT BEFORE, where so many people never have, and therefore YOU CAN DO IT AGAIN.

I'm back on CD for the 12th time, it's harder very time and I am finding it tough, but you have to stop talking you way out of it an taking the easy option!!!

stick with it !!! lm starting today also and so looking forward to the weighlosses you know it works, its a few months out of the rest of your life aren't you worth it :D
hope that wasn't too harsh this is a fantastic diet if followed properly good luck will be watching out for your weightlosses !!!!!!!!!!!!

Back