Why do I do It all the time?!!!!!!!!!!!

petal1978

been doing slimming world this time around for a couple of months and lost 1.5 stones and this is the time where all my hard work goes out the window. I sabotage all my progress by eating anything I see so I feel bad and guilty that I give up and forget the plan and go back to my old habits and put all the weight on plus more. I need to stop this cycle but not sure how any advice would be appreciated :break_diet:

First....take a big deep breath :)

I think so many of us do what you're describing in the month of December. It's easy to get carried away with the Christmas cheer and next thing you know you've completely off the tracks.

I always try to keep reminding myself that Christmas begins (for me) when I take annual leave. All the time I'm at work I try to treat things as normal.

Why not make a list of all the yummy foods you like, calculate the syns and just keep to them and within your daily allowance. Remember there is always tomorrow so what you don't eat today you can have the next day.

Another thought I try to keep in my mind is that if I bought a bunch of flowers and one stem died would I throw away the whole bunch ? Answer No. So why let a few bad days become the end of your hard work?

Remember Christmas is about family and friends not the food we eat :p

Hi Petal.. Very annoying isn't it?... and I think the majority of us know only too well where you are coming from as we all have times that it happens and for various reasons too!
Personally I have found it much better to treat the initial occasions as just a blip and not to get into a right frenzy and blame yourself.. things happen and we're all human after all. There's very few who have the utmost willpower to stay the journey faultlessly.. isn't that right?
Just say to yourself.. "Well.. that was nice" and move on immediately. If you find that you can't then a bit of analysis as to why is often the best way to go... maybe money, family or other worries are at the root of the problem... (and even just a case of pure gluttony! :D .. no offense meant.. I'm the number one in that field! )

Hope that helps just a wee bit Petal.. In the meantime I wish you all the very best in your journey to slimdom.. :girlpower:

It may he to make a note of the social events which are going to be a challenge, I'm also a great believer in knowing the syns in things, I also write down the total syns each day no matter how many it may be, that way I still feel in control.

on your 'good' days try to have success express meals to minimise any potential gain ;)

I do exactly the same.

Lost 1st 4lbs then just had a mad week of eating everything! Why??? I have no idea why & when I am doin it I know the consequences but I just make up excuses for myself.

We will get back into the zone & we can do this just maybe we will take the scenic route there.

Dxxx

I totally understand where you're coming from. I'm already thinking that I'll just have Xmas day, Boxing Day off as it's going to be so hard to stick to it on those days. Which is why I don't loose much as I'm always thinking of excuses as to why I have just stuffed something naughty in my
Mouth but then I also think that lots of people will be able to do it and stick to it. So if I don't start adopting that attitude then I'll never do it. I suppose the best thing to do is plan in advance and increase activity if you do have a few extra syns. Good luck x

Another one who has done exactly the same...ive regained a stone and wiped out 5 months bloody hard work but we have admitted it now and lets take it one day and one meal at a time and get right back on track..,good luck

Back