Why do i do it?

Loser85

Gold Member
I start a diet plan, use it well for a few weeks then lose all interest and just stop. (used 3-4 plans already this year!)

Its not like i have just a stone or 2 to lose either, im currently 20st 7lbs. Im desperate to shift the excess yet its me that seems to sabgotage everything. Im a binge eater and a lot more greedy than i used to be. Really need a complete lifestyle change, just not sure how to do it :(

Feeling kind of lost and alone right now.....

You're not the only one. That's how I've been, things going along nicely then I get an attack of the binges and stuff my face for a few weeks. Try thinking of how much better you'll feel and look, that's my motivation now. Good luck

Keep going hun..., sometimes it takes something to kick start us, read my blog my website is on signature.... I've battled 8 years and finally found myself although I have bad days babe

Have a read and keep your chin up xxx

Sent from my iPhone . lauratheobsessivechubster.blogspot.com

I also binge, especially as an emotional block, there's something satisfying, comforting and also punishing about rhythmic eating I find.

What you need to remember when it comes to self sabotage (I am an old hat lol) is to remember you're worthy of the results.

Try not to replace the foods you love with low fat, low calorie substitutes as it won't help you break any habits. Find new foods and recipes to enjoy.

Try shopping on a tight budget one week but don't buy any processed foods. This will force you to buy more fruits and vegetables and in turn come up with some new meal ideas.

Look forward to a treat perhaps once a month if you think you can get back to it the next day that is. Cravings for sweet foods throughout the day are only temporary and will pass. Make sure you're drinking 2 litres of water a day as well, you'll start to feel more energised and it should improve a few low moods as well.

You can achieve all you want to achieve. Feel free to message me if you need some support.x

I'm great at giving advice, only if I could follow it myself...:D

But often the reason you don't stick to it is because in your head the effort you have to put doesn't justify the result you'll get. Of course you want to lose a stone or two, but maybe you are kind of used to where you are at the moment and you are probably thinking "ah well, I could always start again tomorrow". If somebody tells you they will give you a million pounds if you loose 2 stone - would you stick to it? I know I would :D So what I try to do when I start loosing focus is to find my equivalent to a "million pounds"

It's so true, I think it's easy to live with it then do something about it? Or is it we just become super good at disguising how our weight really makes us feel?

That's why I wrote my blog - I must admit I have treat days but these are treat days not self sabotage, but reading it back and knowing everyone is looking at me gives me the boost I need. Everyone is waiting for my next post and I can't let them down they are relying on me for inspiration so when the cake of can of coke is calling I remember what's at stake.... Not just my happiness and fate but I have an audience now.... I hate letting people down so this is working really well

Goodluck hun, don't be too hard on yourself, read my weight loss tips and you might actually find your weight can be change just thru following a few tips like portion control etc.... I lost almost 2 stone at the start of dieting just by doing this and swapping foods around

Xxxx

Sent from my iPhone . lauratheobsessivechubster.blogspot.com

Firstly would like to say a big thank you to everybody who replied. Proves im not alone after all.

I've been having a think about things the past few days and it would seem i could make better choices in a lot of ways. Also my current work contract ends in 2 weeks so if thats not a reason and time to start to make changes then i dont know what is.

I realise small steps are needed initally, if i look at the main goal then i think id get put off. Going to try and focus on each half stone. As has been mentioned portion sizes will be assessed and if im being honest - halved!

Once ive mastered the smaller steps im considering some form of exercise, just not sure if a gym or classes would be better for me.

Hey,

I have issues with massive binges (whole packets of biscuits, multipacks of chocolate bars and crisps) but am doing well on a mixture of Slimming world and weight watchers. I was just wondering- do you always stick to the plans from home? or have you attended various slimming groups?

xxx

Both Anna. Depended on what suited at the time. Im going on hols next week but plan to go back to meetings when i come back as wont be working late nights any more.

Back