Why do I feel naughty if I am in my syn allowance

chantsy86

I always have between 8-10 syns most days somes less sometimes more. I have 30 spare syns since Tuesday normally I dont use them there just there if I do need them. Well tonight I am planning a Chinese takeaway I was going to have beef with mushrooms with boiled rice and a bit of chicken chow mein me and partner just share the dishes. I feel like if I eat it I wont lose weight on tueday, I am unable to cook tonight due to a sad loss in the family so everything is a bit up in the air. Do you find having a takeaway effects your weight loss if you are in your syn allowance. I have convinced myself I wont lose weight.

I have either a Chinese takeaway or I go out for an Indian meal most weeks, and I've done alright! Syns are there so you can allow yourself treats like takeaways etc Go on, enjoy it!

Im sorry for your loss hun. Hope your ok.

If you think about it this way it might help....if you were to make boiled rice tonight with chicken and mushrooms and a packet of Schwartz pepper sauce or similar over it, would you feel bad for using your syns? Its still about calorie consumption to an extent and fat and sugars etc. Slimming world give the syn values for you to go by and to enjoy so go ahead and use them.

I always get kids chicken chow mein and count as 7 syns as u get loads and its only £3.30. I eat this about every other week and have lost over 3 stone x

Oh and you can also ask your Chinese to "dry fry" your chow mein so no oil is used in it. Even less syns and guilt lol x

I'm sorry for your loss, I lost my grandfather 2 months ago and all I did was comfort eat, so well done you for staying focused! If you're within your allowance, a takeaway shouldn't affect your weight loss - treat yourself, it sounds like you deserve it :)

Thanks everyone. Its just the takewaway thing you automatically think bad. Im gonna go for the chow mein I think. Ill make sure I stay in my syns and I should see a loss if I maintain then its only one week. Ive worked too hard to pack it in completely but we all need a treat sometimes.

No if you're within syns it won't affect! I had Indian last Tuesday night, some chicken rogan josh and vegetable pilau rice, couple of Bombay potatoes, and I lost 3lb on the Wednesday! As long as its synned it won't matter. Enjoy it :) x

Hey hun
im so sorry for your loss, I lost my Nana just over a week ago too & been trying hard to stick to plan.
Enjoy your syns as that what they are there for, I often have a takeaway and use my syns on them and I've always lost weight, as long as you stick to something low syn you'll be fine xxxx

Back