Original Why do so many people do red or green days

Welshtigger said:
Which books have you it? I think the newer books are very clearly laid out-with the 3 steps you have to follow.
If you do the green/original plans you can pick twice from the healthy extra A , and twice from B(only once from each on EE)
Then you pick your free foods from the coloured pages(yellow for EE, and matching for green/original)
With EE you also have to include 1/3 superfree fruit or veg into each meal
Then finally you pick 5-15 syns a day to use on whatever you want(again the colours of the values correspond to the day you are on)
HTH

I have the new book (dont know why i put BOOKS because i only have 1) i follow EE as that is what i was introduced to when i started 5 weeks ago. I was going to try red days but just couldnt get my head around the plan. Thanx for the info though welshtigger xx

Just read yr books and keep re reading them. If there is anything yr unsure of just bob on here:D

Reading, reading and re reading the book is the key. I have done slimming world a couple of times after having my children. I read the book whenever I could and brought the magazines. It soon sinks in a now I feel I know everything to get me through day to day. I have just rejoined last week and being a red/green day slimmer they barely mentioned these choices, it was all about ee. Should promote all 3 choices really.

Thanks so much for all the feedback! I'm dying to switch to be honest, I'm sick of all the fruit and veg! But I'm also loving how much better I feel already from having so much extra of it.
I've just bought an original recipe book, I'm gonna have a few red days and see if I can trust myself to add veg voluntarily.

I barely use the healthy extras I have so perhaps it'd do me good to use them as potatoes and stuff :)

Reading, reading and re reading the book is the key. I have done slimming world a couple of times after having my children. I read the book whenever I could and brought the magazines. It soon sinks in a now I feel I know everything to get me through day to day. I have just rejoined last week and being a red/green day slimmer they barely mentioned these choices, it was all about ee. Should promote all 3 choices really.

I think that's because thinking about the red and green days puts a lot of us newbies off. It certainly did put me off in the past until I heard about extra easy and signed up. But I agree they should promote all 3 when you join, although we arnt forced to do extra easy, they do sort of plug it lol they did ask if we were vegetarians though so I'm guessing if you're a veggie then you're on green?

Personally I think extra easy is the easiest for me follow for now but I know that in the future if I'm sticking a bit I have the option of having a couple of red days.

Plus, as previous entries I am old school and lost my previous weight with just red or green days

I'm old, old school and I still find it hard to accept that I can have 2 x hexa's....in the olden days you could only have one hexa and 2 hexb's.
I mostly do green days as I find these easier for work and I do the odd red day or two. I've recently tried E/E but it doesn't seem to suit me, plus I missed the extra h/e's.

suzyflo said:
I'm old, old school and I still find it hard to accept that I can have 2 x hexa's....in the olden days you could only have one hexa and 2 hexb's.
I mostly do green days as I find these easier for work and I do the odd red day or two. I've recently tried E/E but it doesn't seem to suit me, plus I missed the extra h/e's.

I'm that old school I remember corn beef being free xx

I'm that old school I remember corn beef being free xx

Me too!! I used to eat loads of corned beef....and lost weight, I could never understand how it worked, but it did! I still make the old corned beef quiche but these days I use corned beef slices for the base and syn them...tasty :)

They do say two hexa now but I still only stick with one, cheese or milk. Only occasionally depending what's on the menu do I have two. Trying to get used to previous quorn products being free now syned, used to live on the sauasages. Tried to find Linda McCartney sausages but no joy.

I love red and green lost 2 and half stone off it. Re joined after piling it all back on...in 6 weeks iv only lost 4lb doing ee. So as from tomorrow I'm back to red and green fingers x it works again :)

Easy, four Healthy Extras and you can spend them all on cheese if you want! As well as extra things you can spend HEXB on.

Extra Easy seems a bit pointless to me, if you *do* want meat theres usually plenty of space in 2 HEXBs to fit it in (and often still have some HEX leftover) and you still get the extra HEXA! But I only eat meat a couple of days a week so why waste an extra 2 HEXes?

I do do EE or Red once or twice a week, but Green easily accommodates most meals IMO.

In the newist book you can not have cheese as hexb anymore on red day!

Think i'm going to try the green days, sick of extra easy! Hopefully i will get it right after having a read through this post x

I find having to constantly think "have I had enough superfree" abit like points counting so if I know I'm having red or green it really helps.

Candy-cat said:
Think i'm going to try the green days, sick of extra easy! Hopefully i will get it right after having a read through this post x

Exactly why I changed back to red and green days. Gave me a new lease of dieting as well as I felt I had started all over again. For me better weight losses also. Give it a go, albeit it's not for everyone.

Iv been doing red days for 3 weeks ish now i think and i have 6lbs so averaging just over half a stone a month!(depends on wi next week) where as on EE it took me 14 weeks to lose 1 stone! which i was happy with but because im going on holiday next month my C said do a couple of red days to aid me but i decided that i like it so much that i have totally changed to the original plan! you learn portion control, and carbs super bloat me so i am better limiting them i thought that it was going to be torture but iv been totally fine! and i was a proper carb junkie i used to eat a loaf of bread in about 2 days =O and about 2 packs of butter a week! (jeeeez thats disgusting isnt it) but once you start and you feel so much better more energy and me personally just felt like trimmer and smaller even though i was only losing 0.5lb a week but when i measured i was losing about 1 inch a week! =]

Right is this working as a green day, just want to make sure i'm doing it right after ee.

Breakfast
muller
banana
apple

Speed soup
2xwholemeal bread (hb)
Butter (1syn)
muller

Tea is a sausage casserole
which is all free other than
cheese (ha)
Sausage (1syn

snacks so far
alpen (hb)
apple

Used other ha for ilk in teas

plan to have a curly wurly later which will be 6.5syns

So days total 8syns

Hope i've understood it all ok x

Candy-cat said:
Right is this working as a green day, just want to make sure i'm doing it right after ee.

Breakfast
muller
banana
apple

Speed soup
2xwholemeal bread (hb)
Butter (1syn)
muller

Tea is a sausage casserole
which is all free other than
cheese (ha)
Sausage (1syn

snacks so far
alpen (hb)
apple

Used other ha for ilk in teas

plan to have a curly wurly later which will be 6.5syns

So days total 8syns

Hope i've understood it all ok x

Breakfast and lunch look ok, but what sausage are you using that is only 1 syn on green?? You also get 2x alpen lights as a HEb :)

Back