Original Why do so many people do red or green days

It looks fine! Which sausages are you using for your dinner? If they are meaty ones they will be higher than 1 syn on green. Also you can have 2 alpen lights for your second HEB, or split it and have one alpen and half of another HEB, say more cheese if you wanted it :)

Welshtigger said:
Breakfast and lunch look ok, but what sausage are you using that is only 1 syn on green?? You also get 2x alpen lights as a HEb :)

PatchworkPuss said:
It looks fine! Which sausages are you using for your dinner? If they are meaty ones they will be higher than 1 syn on green. Also you can have 2 alpen lights for your second HEB, or split it and have one alpen and half of another HEB, say more cheese if you wanted it :)

PatchworkPuss said:
Snap! lol

Great minds and all that jazz eh PP! x

I also mainly do R/G days as I really struggle with only 1A and one B choice, plus I don't eat enough meat to justify doing EE. My days are 90% green with the odd mix to max day thrown in.

I never checked the syns where the same for ee as green, but morrison eat smart ones, thought they where only 0.5syns each? I could be wrong, i don't ave sausages often. Thanks ladies

Meat is not a free food on green so sausages will be higher in syns than on extra easy. Here are the syn values for the green plan

Eat Smart Pork Sausages, 40% Less Fat, 16 pack, frozen, 57g each 6½
Eat Smart Thick Pork Sausages, 60% Less Fat, 8 pack, chilled, 57g each 3½
Eat Smart Cumberland Pork Sausages, 60% Less Fat, 8 pack, chilled, 57g each 4
Eat Smart Pork Chipolata Sausages, 60% Less Fat, 10 pack, chilled, 40g each 2½

Oh pants, i just presumed that they where the same syns!!! Thats totally messed up my day :( can't have a curley wurley now!!!!
I knew meat was to syn, argh maybe i'm not getting it lol

PatchworkPuss said:
Meat is not a free food on green so sausages will be higher in syns than on extra easy. Here are the syn values for the green plan

Eat Smart Pork Sausages, 40% Less Fat, 16 pack, frozen, 57g each 6½
Eat Smart Thick Pork Sausages, 60% Less Fat, 8 pack, chilled, 57g each 3½
Eat Smart Cumberland Pork Sausages, 60% Less Fat, 8 pack, chilled, 57g each 4
Eat Smart Pork Chipolata Sausages, 60% Less Fat, 10 pack, chilled, 40g each 2½

Ah haven't thought of this either but not tried new days yet. So would sausages be free on red days or is that me being thick? Would it still need to be for example the eat smart ones? I am confusing myself lol

debtin said:
Ah haven't thought of this either but not tried new days yet. So would sausages be free on red days or is that me being thick? Would it still need to be for example the eat smart ones? I am confusing myself lol

When you say 'new days' what do you mean? Green and original?? Sausages all wouldn't be free on original no, but certainly alot lower in syns than on green(in fact they'd be the same as on EE)

maybe you should ask your consultant about red and green days ??? they are second nature to me but thats how i've always done it, i don't understand why they don't explain red and green days, when i rejoined i sat in on the new members talk and the consultant didn't even cover red and green days she said to do EE for first few weeks but i knew i was going to be mainly doing green days xx

Welshtigger said:
When you say 'new days' what do you mean? Green and original?? Sausages all wouldn't be free on original no, but certainly alot lower in syns than on green(in fact they'd be the same as on EE)

Sorry...going to try do mixture of days."new" plan of attack for me lol. Need sort it all out in my head first. Am using my phone but is there sticky's for red and green days?

I always do Green days, and when I've done well on Slimming World in the past I always did Green. At the time I didn't know that I had PCOS and still did well stuffing myself with pasta for some reason... Anyway, I'm planning on having a couple of Extra Easy days this week because I fancy a nice big breakfast and the protein should help to fill me up. And I love fruit and veg so shouldn't have a problem.

I've been at Slimming World for 11 weeks and I've been doing the Green Plan every day because I'm veggie and I got to know it without consulting the book all the time. I haven't actually so much as looked at the other plans. I got a bit confused for a while when my group leader mentioned I need to syn my milk if I have cheese but then I realised she never ever talks about the Green plan, so not that many people follow it so she must have just assumed I didn't either! My weight loss is pretty slow but healthy I guess (between 1 and 2lbs per week). Better than I've managed before. I have about half a stone to go! Maybe even less, Weight In is tonight!

Big long first post there. Hi everyone! This forum is very helpful, thank you :)

maybe you should ask your consultant about red and green days ??? they are second nature to me but thats how i've always done it, i don't understand why they don't explain red and green days, when i rejoined i sat in on the new members talk and the consultant didn't even cover red and green days she said to do EE for first few weeks but i knew i was going to be mainly doing green days xx

Me too, I always do red and green, got to target on them. I used to do red and green a long time ago and for me also its second nature. It does annyoy me that these just arent mentioned! Not everyone can get on with ee, I dont like veg very much so thats why I stuck to red and green. I am sure some people give up as they think they should only do ee and it they cant get on with it then they stop doing it.

I usually do mostly red, although I've been doing green this week. I didn't really get on with EE. My losses were fairly slow and sometimes I would gain or maintain despite being on plan so I would then get quite frustrated and go off plan. This time it's gone a lot easier so far so will stick to red/green 90% of the time. :)

Last night was my 2nd weigh in after 2 weeks alternating ee, red and green and I've had the best loss over two weeks that I've ever had since starting plan- total of 5lbs which for me is amazing! 2.5lbs off last week and 1.5lbs off last night.
Before I started mixing all 3 plans my highest 2 week total loss had been 3.5lbs.
Seems to be working for me so I'll be sticking to all 3! X

I do all green as a veggie and my consultant says every week that I am on green and she will explain it a few weeks in for the new members. Can't be doing too bad as 3 stone gone.

At my last class my C told me to do EE even though I'm veggie. Must admit my were initial losses were better doing EE (week 1 - 3.5lb) than when I did Green (week 1 - 1.5lb). Having only 1 HEXA & HEXB work much better for me.

Back