Why do you follow the Discover Plan?

hannata

I can haz cake?
I mean there's many reasons not to (according to weightwatchers reps anyway) like the fact its an "outdated diet" and science has moved on since the 90s... its not really my opinion, just what I've heard from leaders promoting the new plan.

So I thought I'd generate a bit of discussion here!

I'll start my story with a bit of a backstory. I started Discover in October 2008 weighing in at 17 st 7, enough was enough I thought, and I went to my local class. It was my first diet and I had great success with it... just shamefully fell off the wagon every now and then and ended up bigger, with a combination of not dieting, quitting smoking and getting on some medication which filled me out rightly (lol)

Ever since I've tried diet after diet, including the new propoints plan. Nothing ever worked for me, slimming world, atkins, calorie counting, multiple meal replacements...

After all the messing around I came back to weightwatchers again to find it had changed. I made a huge effort to do propoints, and stuck to the diet well enough... the only thing I found is that I just wasn't losing weight!! For months at a time! So I decided enough was enough and got out all of my discover books.

Its the only diet that's ever yielded any success for me for any length of time, just got to stick with it. Soon I'll be near my weightwatchers start weight again, and it feels right being back here :)

I totally agree with you. Joined 1 1/2 years ago and lost nearly 4 1/2 stone in the first year doing discovery going from 15st 8lb to 11st 3lb----pro points came in but i refused to change for a long time but finally gave in due to the fact i was paying for class and listening to something i wasnt doing. Well 6 months later and i'm 12st 7lb --- me and pro points just dont get on. I've tried 3 weeks on slimming world but didnt like that, so here i am, no club i can go to, doing discovery with my old stuff on my own. Been good all week, first weigh in in boots on Monday, fingers crossed it'll work for me again.

Im back to doing the discovery plan because i just find it hard to do the pro points as i love fruit and I would eat loads of it and i tried it for one month pointed everything and I wasnt losing the pounds my leader told me to cut back on the fruit but i thought the whole point of the fruit being free and you could still lose weight but it just didnt work for me..

lenny79 said:
Im back to doing the discovery plan because i just find it hard to do the pro points as i love fruit and I would eat loads of it and i tried it for one month pointed everything and I wasnt losing the pounds my leader told me to cut back on the fruit but i thought the whole point of the fruit being free and you could still lose weight but it just didnt work for me..

Thats what i didnt get. Discovery is so clear and exact, eat the points your allowed then you'll lose weight. Propoints-eat your daily points (that dont change as you lose weight), eat another 49 if you feel like it (how can losses be consistant when you can add these points or not add them?), eat fruit when your hungry un- pointed (but if you dont lose they'll say you had too much).

Hope you dont mind me poping in. I am currently doing sw for the first time and doing really well. The reason I am though, is that ww Discover (when I followed it properly ) worked beautifully for me but pro points didnt for all the reasons mentioned above. Like Tracer I really need the support of a group and a group who talk about the diet I am following.

One thing I have noticed is that in my local area there are far fewer ww groups than there were two years ago and sw groups are springing up everywhere. I do wonder if the introduction of propoints is the reason for this ?

I wish you all well in your weight loss goals.

hi everyone

I was a gold member a long time ago.. have gained about 3 stone and ready to get back onto discover points plan tomorrow after months of dithering about between propoints, SW, pig to twig etc.. never lasting more than a few days on each.

I think i'm going to post my menus on here and keep a track of my weight.. i know it will be slow and steady and my dreams of size 12 for Christmas won't happen now but just need to get my head back into it!

:)

Back