Why do you want to lose weight?

Silvalady

I've been having a lot of cravings for food over the last couple of days, and been fighting with myself not to eat anything. So I was going over the reasons for me to want to lose weight in the 1st place, and what I want to achieve when I've lost some or all of the weight! So I thought I would post a thread and maybe we could all tell each other why we want to lose weight, have you had any embarrassing moments or is their things you want to do but can't because of your weight or your too scared to try? For me my reasons are:

I have very low self confidence.
I won't let my husband see me naked or even know my weight.
I won't go swimming not even with the kids because I'm too fat to be seen in a costume, and I'm scared I'll break the ladder going in and out of the pool.
I won't dance at party's because I feel self concious and think people are looking at me, so I just sit there whilst everyone else has a good time.
I won't go on fairground rides for fear of not fitting in the seat.
Fed up of only buying clothes from the very few places that sell big sizes.
Being so embarreased when I went on a flight last november, that I was so squashed in the seat and had to ask for a seatbelt extension because I couldent fasten the normal one, I just wanted the ground to open and swallow me up.
But now I'm trying to concentrate and imagine my daughters and mums faces and reactions when they see me in April for the 1st time in almost a year, when I've lost a shed load of weight.... That's the main thing that's keeping me going atm despite the fight with my head to eat....

If I think of anymore and Im sure I will I'll update on here . I'd love to read your reasons for losing weight, and it will be a carry on motivation for us all to know we are not alone. ....

Going on holiday to Cuba in July terrified of needing an extension belt so needing to lose a few stone before then .

Going on holiday to Cuba in July terrified of needing an extension belt so needing to lose a few stone before then .
Well Mrscat, i wish you the best of luck with your weight loss journey, it truly is horrible when you can't fasten the belt on a flight, I tried to cover up that i couldent fasten it with a magazine in place, and when the cabin crew came round to check I just stared out the window and hoped they wouldent notice, next second i heard a voice 'madam would you like a seatbelt extension' I just quietly and red faced said yes please. Inside i was dying, and I thought time to lose weight im never letting this happen again.
Keep us posted on your weight loss x

Back