Why I love Minimins SW Forum!

MancBird

Always comes back to MMs!
Hi All,

I just wanted to say a big thanks to you all for the support and inspiration for the last 5 weeks I've been on SW.

I've lost 8lbs so far (hoping for another 2 tonight!) and its got to the point where people are starting to say things (Have you lost weight? Your face looks slimmer etc) and to be honest other than my boyf who has been brilliant, my friends and family are coming out with the same old stuff that has always hindered me in the past, you know, stuff like "You look lovely as you are" and "Don't lose too much, you wont be you", or "Youre boring when youre dieting".... SABOTAGE!!

But now I have a place where I can go and chat with people who understand that this is about more than just a diet... its a way of life, a way out of the health issues Ive encountered because of my weight, and a way to get my confidence back. A way back to being me!

Sorry if its a bit soppy but I think it needs to be said - its you guys that keep me going!!

Thanks! :)

You newbies are also an inspiration to us oldies too- you give us the boost we all need every now and then. When I am feeling a little tired of it all, someone always makes an 'inspiration' comment that makes me feel amazing.

my friends and family are coming out with the same old stuff that has always hindered me in the past, you know, stuff like "You look lovely as you are" and "Don't lose too much, you wont be you", or "Youre boring when youre dieting"....

Oh God- I get this all the time at the moment, and much as I would like to say they are doing it out of love, part of me knows they are panicking because they are jealous of your success and want to keep fat people around them as it makes them feel better- IGNORE THEM! Only you can decide what size you are happy with- as long as it is healthy then it is NONE OF THEIR BUSINESS

............phew, rant over

But yes- Mins is a place where we can all feel accepted and supported. I occasionally peek at other on-line forums and am horrified at how people speak to each other. Here we all have a common goal and understand the ups and downs of that.

big hugs all round!!!!!
x

I have to second CP!!
Minimins is fab, particularly SW forum. I have been on the others on here too and dont feel I get the feedback, encouragement that I like to give others. SW forum is definitely the best!

xxx

You newbies are also an inspiration to us oldies too- you give us the boost we all need every now and then. When I am feeling a little tired of it all, someone always makes an 'inspiration' comment that makes me feel amazing.

Oh God- I get this all the time at the moment, and much as I would like to say they are doing it out of love, part of me knows they are panicking because they are jealous of your success and want to keep fat people around them as it makes them feel better- IGNORE THEM! Only you can decide what size you are happy with- as long as it is healthy then it is NONE OF THEIR BUSINESS

............phew, rant over

But yes- Mins is a place where we can all feel accepted and supported. I occasionally peek at other on-line forums and am horrified at how people speak to each other. Here we all have a common goal and understand the ups and downs of that.

big hugs all round!!!!!
x

this is soo true!! real friends and family would be truly supportive and would spur you on!! but the sad fact is they dont want us to succeed they dont anyone to look or be better than them!!

this place is full of likeminded people who want the same thing!!

i think this website is one of the main reasons i'm still so inspired and working so hard. it's so good to speak to other people all in the same boat and to help encourage each other to do the best we can. I think its a total saviour. i totally agree with your post, long live minimins! <3

I agree! I honestly think the SW forum is going to help me reach target, which I've never even been close to! This is the longest I've ever stayed on a diet and I really dont feel like quitting anytime soon! x

I love Minimins too!!! xxx

I love minimums too, and particularly the SW section, as I hardly ever go anywhere else. Without it, I would never have felt as inspired. Classes are brilliant, and for me absolutely essential, but minimums fills all the gaps, plus a lot more!
Everyone here is fantastic, and I know I can rely on everyone here to help whenever help in needed.
Thanks everyone... I love you lots! :)

It also has the most members too - I really need it to have a look a couple of times a day for inspiration - I'm also grateful that those who have or nearly reached target stay members - you are informative and inspirational to us newbies!
Thanks!

He he I'm never off here now! I love it :)

It also has the most members too - I really need it to have a look a couple of times a day for inspiration - I'm also grateful that those who have or nearly reached target stay members - you are informative and inspirational to us newbies!
Thanks!

Thank you!

and another reason is I lost 3 lbs tonight got SOW and I live alone so it's great to come home and shout about it on here lol!

Hi, I joined last night and im already amazed by all the suport and ideas every1 has! thanks minimins and thanks every1 else!!xx

I adore this forum, it's amazing support which has kept me 100% without binges or true temptation. If I'm having a hard day or consider a greasy take away I just think back to forum posts where people are so elated by losses and reaching their minigoals/targets then I completely forget yucky take away.

Back