Why I want to lose 13 stone....

lillypop

now got pictures in album
  • I dont want to be the fattest person in the room
  • I want to feel healthy and fit
  • I want to go into a restaurant and not feel anxious beforehand if the chair wont fit
  • I want to have more confidence
  • I want to have more energy
  • I want to like what I see in the mirror
  • I want to look 'OK'
  • I want to sit in a plane chair and not worry that I wont fit
  • I want to sit in chairs with arms and not worry that I wont get out of them again
  • I want to smile at people I havent seen in ages instead of wanting the ground to swallow me up
  • I want to visit the valley of the kings again and not feel like I'm going to faint from walking
  • I want to wear nice clothes, not just pick clothes out for their size

DITTO !!!!!!!!!!!! I must try and remember all these things when I think about giving in - it will be soooooo worth it. Fab first week by the way well done you

Louise

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Hi Lilly

I spotted your post on the Wemitt thread yesterday but didn't have a chance to reply to it at the time.

Well done for such a great Week 1 loss! You have so many good reasons to stick to CD and get to your goal weight, and seem to have just the right mental attitude to succeed too which is SO important!

Good luck with your journey. Keep posting and letting us know how you're getting on. Have you thought about starting your own diary too? I found it invaluable when I was doing my own CD weightloss journey ... and still do even though I reached my own goal some 15 months back now :)

Hi Lilly

I spotted your post on the Wemitt thread yesterday but didn't have a chance to reply to it at the time.

Well done for such a great Week 1 loss! You have so many good reasons to stick to CD and get to your goal weight, and seem to have just the right mental attitude to succeed too which is SO important!

Good luck with your journey. Keep posting and letting us know how you're getting on. Have you thought about starting your own diary too? I found it invaluable when I was doing my own CD weightloss journey ... and still do even though I reached my own goal some 15 months back now :)

Thanks so much for your message, I do have my own webblog, it is here My weight loss journey to lose 13 stone! it has been useful for me to update it and look back on it when I've been feeling rubbish!

The worst thing for me is I got a really bad cold and sore throat and the doctor gave me some antibiotics couple of days ago! This was the first time I felt like giving up! But now I am on the mend and I am more than ever determined. I cant believe that I got myself like this. I keep looking at all my before pictures. I've taken lots and have lots of holiday pictures. I'm so excited about my next weigh in and I find that this forum is so inspirational for to see people go from fat to slim!

Lilly I bet most people on here can relate to your reasons for wanting to lose weight. You've obviously thought LOTS about why you want to do this and there really is no better/faster diet.

The one about seeing people you haven't seen for ages and not being embarrassed really struck a chord. I get so embarrassed, even hide if I think they haven't seen me yet. :eek:

You can do this! :D

Nic x

Hi Nic

I know, its probably one of the saddest isnt it. There are many people that I talk to on the telephone that havent seen me for ages. They will mention about meeting for lunch/coffee/drinks and I have made excuses in the past 6 months. Then a couple of times, I've seen people in town and pretended I didnt see them so they didnt see how fat I got. And times when I cant hide and they do see me, I cant stop thinking about what they are thinking instead of being excited to see them. Its not a good way to live at the age of 29!

I am most excited about fitting into a size 18 jeans and also not having to go into Evans anymore! I will have to add that to my list!

hiya lilly,
i also have a long way to go so i am also doing lots of mini goals.
hope u have a wonderful weigh in.
ive just read ur diet blog and wanted to point out that u mentioned the ketosticks. u said u are at 15 and it will take a while to get to 160 . u do NOT want to go to 160, u are already in ketosis at 15, u can go up to the next level but once u get into the darker shades of pink u are too high.
this is a sign that u are dehydrated and if u drink more u will drop back down to the middle ketosis levels which is far more healthy.
once again best of luck.
cherylxx:)

hiya lilly,
i also have a long way to go so i am also doing lots of mini goals.
hope u have a wonderful weigh in.
ive just read ur diet blog and wanted to point out that u mentioned the ketosticks. u said u are at 15 and it will take a while to get to 160 . u do NOT want to go to 160, u are already in ketosis at 15, u can go up to the next level but once u get into the darker shades of pink u are too high.
this is a sign that u are dehydrated and if u drink more u will drop back down to the middle ketosis levels which is far more healthy.
once again best of luck.
cherylxx:)

thank you so much for this, I've edited it, I think I must have lost the plot!!! :eek::eek::D:D I did read the thing inside the ketostix but didnt get it!! I thought I had to get to the darkest colour, so thanks very much!!!

Good luck on your journey Lillypop. I know what you mean about the Valley of the Kings I went in Nov and it was quite large and it was bloody hot and stuffy in there. Just think you will be able to run up the steps of some of the tombs:D

Keep thinking positve and you will get there.:rolleyes:

Good luck on your journey Lillypop. I know what you mean about the Valley of the Kings I went in Nov and it was quite large and it was bloody hot and stuffy in there. Just think you will be able to run up the steps of some of the tombs:D

Keep thinking positve and you will get there.:rolleyes:

Thanks very much, did you enjoy going there? its amazing isnt it!! I loved it but I was so tired, hot and really knackered. One day I want to go back when I am fit and slim!

I am very inspired by you. I love the Michaelangelo quote. I will follow your progress with interest

I am very inspired by you. I love the Michaelangelo quote. I will follow your progress with interest

aw thank you Lisa, I love the quote too, its like I am getting rid of 13 stone and hoping to find the 'real me' somewhere inside all of this fat!! (might not be an angel though :p )

Good luck lillypop, i know when you have alot to lose it can seem like a massive mountain to climb but i'm sure with such a positive attitude you will do it :D

Wow Ava, you've lost 12 stone 3lbs in 38 weeks!!! that's not even 1 year!!!! wow wow wow!! do you have any before and after pics?

Hi Lillypop

You and I started at more or less the same weight and size! In 8 weeks I've lost 41lbs - so if I can do it, so can you! I'm now in size 28 and that is getting too big for me so I'm out tomorrow to try to get some smaller jeans! I've managed to get into size 24 tops and it won't be long before I need smaller than that!

I empathise with all your reasons for wanting to lose that 13 stone - and I have added wanting to be able to get on the floor to play with my grandchildren!

Keep up the good work. You've made a fantastic start - and this thread has been quite inspirational. Thanks for starting it!

Chris
x

PS Amazing Ava! Wow! How inspirational are you??!!

Wow Grandma, that is so amazing, in only 8 weeks, going down all those sizes too!! I would love to be able to get into a size 24 woohooo you've given me new inspiration I love hearing about people who have started at the same size as me, I will look forward to seeing how you get on!!!

Hi - just read this thread. You are really positive so I'm sure you'll get there. I've jsut returned and it really is a great diet if you stick to it. You'll be amazed at how quickly you go down sizes!!!!

Back