Why now???

TracyAnne

Just wondering why you have all decided that now is the time to change your lives.

It will be my 10th wedding anniversary in May and I was a size 10-12 back then. Now I have 5 gorgeous children, the youngest of which is only 4 months old, and a size 20 wardrobe!!

I would love to lose my extra 7 stone in the next 7 months so I can be the same size as I was back then, for our anniversary dinner end of May.

What made you decide to make the change now????

x x x

I have decided that I'm not going to be the 'funny but fat' friend anymore, it got to the point where I'm wasting what should be the best years of my life because none of my clothes fit me anymore, I was barely leaving the house and i was crying all the time, so I finally decided that enough was enough and that this time I decided to lose weight it would be for real!
I'm now on day 23 and this is the longest I have ever stuck to a diet!!

xxx

Wow, good for you. I bet with that attitude you stick to it and sail way past your target, your doing so well so far.
I'm only on day 9 and feeling a bit rough today as my babe didn't sleep last night and I just want to eat something to make me feel human!!!
Oh well, another black coffee will have to do

Good luck and keep at it
x x x

My turning point has been my parents. Neither of them have a particularly healthy lifestyle and are both overweight. I had a glimpse of my future and how that can impact my children so I decided to make the change now. I never want my kids to feel embarrassed by me or for them to worry about my health because I can't take proper care of myself.

There wasnt really one defining moment for me or anything but i just didnt feel well at all and i knew what i had to do to feel better, i started going swimming training again and just stopped eating crap because i didnt want it... i lost over 4st.
Then... i met my OH who bless him for all his virtues is a 'feeder' who doesnt put on weight! I put a little weight on then had that same unwell feeling so carried on training, but thought i needed something a bit more hardcore to get my teeth into that would take away the difficult choices that comes with food and teach me to think differently about it!
Ive always been big even though i do lots of sport, but was sick of being the biggest out of my friends and if i needed any more encouragement i found some pictures of when i was out doing some work in New York and i looked awful!!! I just cant believe I let myself get like that! xx

I have been battling on and off since I can remember always trying different diets hoping one day ill be skinny (hasnt happened yet) I was due to go to Oz last week with friends who are all stick thin but I decided to put it off so that I could lose weight as I would not enjoy myself constantly feeling bad about myself wudnt go down too good.

So I have given myself 3 months to get down at least a few stone (the more the merrier :) and I really hope I do otherwise I will probably ruin my travelling :(

Tracey just keep focusing on that dinner in May and you will get there hun x

For myself, in large part it was just that I never knew this sort of diet existed until recently. I'd used slimfast for a while in my 20s, and lost enough at the time, but it crept back on. Trying to go back to slimfast some years later I found I just couldn't stand the taste any more and couldn't get back into it. Did WW with my Mum for a little while, too, but it was just so restrictive and hard work to be constantly "depriving myself".

Been overweight and hating myself for many years... Also struggling with pretty severe depression for a few years too, so no motivation and the weight continued to pile on.

My OH's daughter started LT in the early summer and I just couldn't believe the results she was getting! It seemed a pretty drastic thing to be doing, but when I thought about the timescale, it seemed crazy not to give it a go... Couldn't have predicted just how much it would help with my depression - I feel like I'm getting back to normal! :)

Funnily enough Pip it was my Pool Lifeguard training that did it for me. It's kinda hard to be swimming 50m in less that 60 seconds when you're a Size 22/24.... especially when age is also against you lol I don't retake it till next July but at least I can train and feel much happier about it now.

uklady said:
Funnily enough Pip it was my Pool Lifeguard training that did it for me. It's kinda hard to be swimming 50m in less that 60 seconds when you're a Size 22/24.... especially when age is also against you lol I don't retake it till next July but at least I can train and feel much happier about it now.

Ahhhh yeah that wouldn't make it easy I'll admit.... Especially towing a body too x

Mine was my 30th in September.... it started with wanting to feel better about myself for that!!

Followed closely by realising that i was a ticking bomb with both diabetes and bp probs in both sides of my family.... knew i had to do something or else i was going to become very unwell!!!

Well it's my sisters hen do and wedding in February and March. One reason.

Split up from hubby 2 years ago- after going from 17 stone to 9 stone on LT!! Got a lot of male attention whilst thin but obviously after 10 years of marriage I wasn't in the right of mind to act on it. Feel sort of ready to start the daunting dating game but since I've put the weight on have had no male attention what so ever!!

Reason 3. I was spending a heck of a lot of money on binge eating and getting in severe debt. I still need to address this!

Lastly, and most importantly I want my boys to be proud of me. Teach them good eating habits and spend my money on treating them more rather than it ending up down the toilet!!!

Start weight- 8/11/11 16 st 4 lbs

I'd always been a stress under-eater. If anything stressful or emotional happened my stomach would go into knotts and I physically couldn't eat. 7 years ago I was told my mum was dying and didn't have long and I went into eating/drinking over-drive. Don't know if my body was preparing for a famine but it was almost instant - and I ate a lot.

She actually fought all the way. God, if I could tell you the diets she stuck too all her life just so he could stay alive you wouldn't believe it. She was amazing.
She died last year and I put on the final bit of weight. I have to say I knew I'd piled on weight, the scales told me that, but I still didn't really accept it. I still felt I was a thin person but trapped in this lard suit that I assumed would just go at somepoint.

Anyway last week I had to finally accept I needed some decent clothes (as have refused to buy anything nice in my current size for several years - just buying cheap stuff, sale stuff and wearing my old well stretched clothes). I sorted out my wardrobe and gave a big bag of 'mistake' clothes to charity (clothes you buy becuase you had to have something to wear but look awful) but I couldn't give away my lovely smaller sized clothes! So I now have 3 suitcases under my bed full of my last 7 years wardrobe in 3 decreasing sizes. I ordered a whole load of stuff from M&S and when it arrived I tried it on had to accept my current size and then thought NO bugger this. I am not having this at all.

So I looked online on Thursday. First at LL and then saw mention of this diet. I really don't want to do the whole group therapy. I know why I got fat and for the last few months I've halfed my portion size and stopped picking so much. The weight was slowly coming off but, like others on here, I am fed up of feeling insecure about my size when I go out (so I haven't been) or on holiday and always refusing to have photos taken. I didn't want to wait a whole year and lose it slowly by cutting down. I want it off asap. If my mum could follow medical diets for over 20 years (for a disease that was in no way her fault) then I figured I should do it for 8-10 weeks for something that I very much have done to myself (regardless of the reasons why).

I don't mind that I'm not able to eat and I have quite a few dinners/weekends away coming up. I'm just going to tell people the truth and tell them to respect what I am doing. Christmas day will be easy as OH is Jewish so I'll just have LT chicken soup while they have theirs with noodles :) Hopefully I will be eating again either beginning or middle of January so it really doesn't seem that far away.

Am off to Florida last two weeks in February for 10 days and OH wants to spend a day at wet n wild. Normally that would be my idea of humiliation hell but hopefully next year I will be happily shooting down those slides with a big grin and a nice swimsuit.

That's it really. I'm on day 5 now and apart from a sore throat and a bit of a cold am feeling pretty chipper.

Best of luck to everyone on here, we all deserve to be happy and to live our lives to the full every single day. xxx

i'm making a last ditch effort of being called up for the england squad before i'm 30!

... Normally that would be my idea of humiliation hell but hopefully next year I will be happily shooting down those slides with a big grin and a nice swimsuit.

Josie thanks for this very open and honest post about what made you decide that it was time to start LT. I guess all of us have had a lightbulb moment at some point, to be able to do what we're doing. That holiday of yours sounds a wonderful incentive :D I hope you will keep coming on this site because you will have amazing support from everyone who knows exactly how it feels to be where you are.

From my own experience I would encourage you to set some short term mini goals, and by putting them on your profile, you will feel everyone getting very excited with you as you make your way on your Lipotrim journey. Creating a ticker helps you to see how far you have come too! Good luck with this... you really will feel amazing when you go on that holiday knowing you finally succeeded in achieving what you've wanted for so long xx

josiejojojo said:
I'd always been a stress under-eater. If anything stressful or emotional happened my stomach would go into knotts and I physically couldn't eat. 7 years ago I was told my mum was dying and didn't have long and I went into eating/drinking over-drive. Don't know if my body was preparing for a famine but it was almost instant - and I ate a lot.

She actually fought all the way. God, if I could tell you the diets she stuck too all her life just so he could stay alive you wouldn't believe it. She was amazing.
She died last year and I put on the final bit of weight. I have to say I knew I'd piled on weight, the scales told me that, but I still didn't really accept it. I still felt I was a thin person but trapped in this lard suit that I assumed would just go at somepoint.

Anyway last week I had to finally accept I needed some decent clothes (as have refused to buy anything nice in my current size for several years - just buying cheap stuff, sale stuff and wearing my old well stretched clothes). I sorted out my wardrobe and gave a big bag of 'mistake' clothes to charity (clothes you buy becuase you had to have something to wear but look awful) but I couldn't give away my lovely smaller sized clothes! So I now have 3 suitcases under my bed full of my last 7 years wardrobe in 3 decreasing sizes. I ordered a whole load of stuff from M&S and when it arrived I tried it on had to accept my current size and then thought NO bugger this. I am not having this at all.

So I looked online on Thursday. First at LL and then saw mention of this diet. I really don't want to do the whole group therapy. I know why I got fat and for the last few months I've halfed my portion size and stopped picking so much. The weight was slowly coming off but, like others on here, I am fed up of feeling insecure about my size when I go out (so I haven't been) or on holiday and always refusing to have photos taken. I didn't want to wait a whole year and lose it slowly by cutting down. I want it off asap. If my mum could follow medical diets for over 20 years (for a disease that was in no way her fault) then I figured I should do it for 8-10 weeks for something that I very much have done to myself (regardless of the reasons why).

I don't mind that I'm not able to eat and I have quite a few dinners/weekends away coming up. I'm just going to tell people the truth and tell them to respect what I am doing. Christmas day will be easy as OH is Jewish so I'll just have LT chicken soup while they have theirs with noodles :) Hopefully I will be eating again either beginning or middle of January so it really doesn't seem that far away.

Am off to Florida last two weeks in February for 10 days and OH wants to spend a day at wet n wild. Normally that would be my idea of humiliation hell but hopefully next year I will be happily shooting down those slides with a big grin and a nice swimsuit.

That's it really. I'm on day 5 now and apart from a sore throat and a bit of a cold am feeling pretty chipper.

Best of luck to everyone on here, we all deserve to be happy and to live our lives to the full every single day. xxx

Hey Hun, I'm so sorry to hear of your troubles, you have been so strong you should already be immensely proud of yourself... You have made the first steps already to get yourself on track and this site will offer you more support that you could think possible for such a remote media! So stay with us and we will all get each other through our journeys! :)
And as for wet n wild!!! My god you will love it!!! Xx

Thank you ladies for your lovely comments.

I never should have learned to touch type... now I ramble on as much in posts as I do in real life :D

I hope I can be there to support you all too xx

I have always being a 'i'll start tomorrow or i'll start Monday' type of girl .. making excuses and putting things off .. basically just kidding myself, which is sad.

There has been plenty of moments over the years that should have made me see sense or think right now is the time to lose weight .. but whilst i've acknowledged them moments i've done the putting off or made excuses about its nearly Xmas etc thing, that i do.

My magic moment (or better know as a reality check) came last Friday on my way to work. My office is a about a 20 minute walk from the bus stop (most of which is up a steep hill) usually i never make this walk as a drive it but my car was in for a service so for the first time in i'd say four years i walked it .. and now for the reality check that occurred, where my back and legs were hurting pulling my over 20 stone body up the hill .. i was hurting and out of breath. I thought at 26 i should be jogging this not wanting to sit down for a break. I felt like crying because all i could think was what have i done to myself. The reality hit in that what i was doing was to myself ... was killing myself.

I decided to start this diet, on a Tuesday to get away from the starting on Monday i'd so often said. I decided to start this diet, before Xmas to get away from the excuse it was approaching. I decided to start this diet because one day i want to jog that walk ... and i will. So that is my uphill struggle with my weight, literally and the reason now is the time i make a change.

Katie, that brought a tear to my eye hun xx And YES soon you'll be bounding up that hill like a Mad March Hare!!! I'd been waiting for that "magic moment" that hit like a thunderbolt of lightning for ages, but it was only when I saw the enormous bridesmaid dress arriving in it's cellophane wrapper that I was to wear that the reality really hit home and by golly I lost almost three stone and a foot of material off that dress! Am back now for round two as I enjoyed myself a little too much in the 3 weeks following the wedding! Believe me sweetheart if I can do it ANYONE can!! This is for life, not just for Christmas!

x S

Katie, that brought a tear to my eye hun xx And YES soon you'll be bounding up that hill like a Mad March Hare!!! I'd been waiting for that "magic moment" that hit like a thunderbolt of lightning for ages, but it was only when I saw the enormous bridesmaid dress arriving in it's cellophane wrapper that I was to wear that the reality really hit home and by golly I lost almost three stone and a foot of material off that dress! Am back now for round two as I enjoyed myself a little too much in the 3 weeks following the wedding! Believe me sweetheart if I can do it ANYONE can!! This is for life, not just for Christmas!

x S

I will be bounding up it lol

You're amazing for the weight you have lost so far and how inspiring that the one dress was your magic moment and you made a change that positive the original dress was gone. Bet you felt and looked amazing in the dress :)

I can do this and i will .. people like you make such a difference though and are a massive form of motivation to a newbie xx

Back