why so slow?

Discussion in 'Slimming World - Weekly Weigh In' started by F4ye, 11 July 2010 Social URL.

1. F4ye

F4ye Full Member

Start Weight:
    11st0lb
    Current Weight:
    9st11lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st8lb
    Lost(%):
    1st3lb(11.04%)
    Diet:
    SW Green
    is this weight loss thing slow or am i just impatient - i am nearly at the end of week 5 and only 4 1/2 lbs lighter - i am a bit annoyed that i have been pretty good and increased exercise etc and only seem to loose a bit a fortnight and either gain or maintain in between - other people in group are loosing fantastic amounts!
    feeling a bit peeved - any advice to speed things up?:help2:

Last edited: 11 July 2010
  2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. JessR

JessR Full Member

Start Weight:
    16st1lb
    Current Weight:
    14st5lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st7lb
    Lost(%):
    1st10lb(10.67%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    I am today feeling the same as you. Will be watching with interest to see what others have to say. Sorry not much help from me :-(

4. LouiKD

LouiKD Full Member

Start Weight:
    15st7lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st7lb
    Diet:
    SnS
    A healthy weight loss is 1-2lbs a week. So although you're losing a little bit less than that you're still losing!

It can depend on how much you have to lose, what sort of food you were eating before you started AND if you're exercising quite a bit you could be turning fat into muscle .. which, as far as I'm aware, weighs more.

Also .. are you measuring yourself? Sometimes people lose inches instead of weight.

Keep at it, stick to the plan and good luck.

5. F4ye

F4ye Full Member

Start Weight:
    11st0lb
    Current Weight:
    9st11lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st8lb
    Lost(%):
    1st3lb(11.04%)
    Diet:
    SW Green
    thank you have measured today and have good results of 3 inches from both hips and waist so i think i am just damed impatient!!

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.