Why SW?

20lb in 8 weeks?! oh my goodness that's amazing, congratulations!
I've actually been browsing ebay for the books haha some are really cheap!
I'm wondering if i should just get by on that, the magazine and of course all the lovely people in this forum, and then maybe if they introduce a really good value offer of joining classes or website after Christmas when the rush is on, i could join then.

That is how I do SW as we do not have classes here at all. I have some books and the rest has all been down to the help I have received here.

My weight loss is 4 stones 5 pounds since Feb/March of this year . I am about 4 lbs of target.

It is the help I have received here that has kept my resolve so strong.

You will be o.k.

Dont think of slimming world as a diet I treat it as a new and healthier way of eating.

Slimming world can easily be fitted into any lifestyle & budget.

I am a bit naughty and dont stick to it as stricktly as I should but have still lost 9lb in as many weeks.

I've done a bunch of diets but the two main ones I've done (and paid for) are Slimming World and Weight Watchers. I *much* prefer Slimming World.

SW feels much much much more maintainable in the long term and fits better into my life. It seems so much more like 'normal' eating than WW is. You can eat so many free foods and there's hardly any counting to do at all. For me, the lack of calorie (or point) counting is the real clincher - just get on and eat the portion of food you want until you feel full - just like normal people without weight issues do.

It was a while ago that I did WW but I don't remember the group support being as good but I'm happy to give WW the benefit of the doubt and say that I've just landed a lovely consultant this time around and didn't before.

As for online vs. groups - I'm not your classic cheesy-group-support person but having tried the online version (with some success), I've found that the weekly class is really useful - not sure how or why but it is!

Good luck with your choice!

Vicky
xx

i love SW and have done WW and RC in the past. I feel i can continue eating the way I am on SW for the rest of my life.....

Its simple, and educational - and i feel healthier! I still go off plan sometimes, but i find it so easy to switch back to SW after a blip....as its such a simple diet once you know what the basic rules are.

I love SW!!!

x

Before committing to a class or the website subscription, have you thought about buying a sw magazine to get a rough idea of what sort of food we eat? There're usually some good seasonal recipes to try out too.

20lb in 8 weeks?! oh my goodness that's amazing, congratulations!
I've actually been browsing ebay for the books haha some are really cheap!
I'm wondering if i should just get by on that, the magazine and of course all the lovely people in this forum, and then maybe if they introduce a really good value offer of joining classes or website after Christmas when the rush is on, i could join then.

Thank you :) Thats how i did it and its worked out far cheaper for me. The magazine is also fab, so many yummy recipes and i love how they give you a "shopping list" inside so you dont have to write down every time little thing you need when you pop to asda!!

Good luck!! xx

Back