why ?

saunders0000

love my family
i did slimming world about 2 years ago and have done my first week with a 4.5lb loss :)
but i dont understand how things like cous cous was 0 syns on green but now have syns and pasta n sause as well mug shots any1 know why this is iv not been syning them and still had a good loss so can i keep going on the plan i love and know ?or am i gonna have to start syning it all :(
thanks
linda

Plain cous cous is syn free on green and EE but the flavoured ones have a small syn value, and always have.

As for the mugshots/pasta and sauce there are stickies at the top of the page which lists the syns for each flavour. These have not changed recently so if you have been taking them as free all long then this was a mistake.

I wonder if you are getting confused with the whole food abuse issue. If a free food is used in a way other than intended to make a snack product then this is called food abuse as you could easily over consume them. In this instance they have to be synned eg using cous cous to make cake.

hi when i did sw 2 years ago some of the pasta n sause were syn free i even still have the book that tell me they are and the mug shots were to :( so dont understand why there now syned :confused:

FAO Circes

Thanx hon, I nearly fell off my chair !! I am going to register tomorrow to get the up to date material and 2011 food directory x:D

hi when i did sw 2 years ago some of the pasta n sause were syn free i even still have the book that tell me they are and the mug shots were to :( so dont understand why there now syned :confused:

Some of the pasta and sauces and mugshots ARE syn free - check out the threads in the sticky section to find out which flavours.

Where are you reading that they need to be synned?

2 years ago is quite a while now and manufacturer change recipes slightly to make them better, maybe the food that has changed in syns since 2 years ago has been changed slightly by the manufacturer??

Okay, perhaps I am not explaining it properly. Some are synned and some are free - it depends on the flavour. Even two years ago they were not all free as far as I can remember.

ETA Just had another idea - are you talking about batchelor's ones or another brand? Other brands are listed as syns if "made up as directed" and that usually includes butter and milk - hence the syns.

Back