WI day

Amy2249

Silver Member
Just after a bit of advice from you all. I have my WI on Monday PM at class and I am
a) considering moving class to a different WI day (thursday or friday) OR
b) do it at home

The main problem I'm having is that I use the majority of my syns at the weekend, as this is the time when I need them the most.
I have, on occasion, gone over my syns on a Sat night and because WI is on Monday I find it really hard to draw a line under it and move on.
So I was wondering whether it would help me, not so much with the actual WI but more psychologically, in the way that if I know from Sat or Sun I have 4 days or so to get back on track I will be more likely to and will also have a chance to get in some exercise etc.

When I started SW I found it a lot easier but for example last Sat I went over my syns by about 10.... nothing to cry about but because on Sun I knew WI was the next day I just decided I had ruined it and carried on off plan.

Any advice/experience of this ???

xx

I just want to make it clear that I do not plan on going over my syns every week its just that SW is now how I eat and how I intend to eat long term so if I do go over once in a while I just want to do damage limitation.

Hi Amy

I'm no expert but I would guess that if you've been watching your syns all week before the weekend and if you'd planned your Saturday nights in your syns allowance, being weighed in on Monday night would make no difference.

Having said that, if you feel (and it appears you do) that you would be more motivated and would stay on track better if you weighed in on Thursday I say go for it. It doesn't matter how you get there as long as you get there!

Good luck whatever you choose.

I agree, What ever helps you keep motivated psycologically is good.
I WI at home and WI first thing on a sat morning before breakfast. Not that i go out much ( and for me weekend isnt like the norm as i work on a saturday, I only have sunday's off so never get that 'its the weekend feeling' that some get. but if i do go out it would be a saturday night, so that means i have alllllllll week to rein it in if needed.
This sat is my mates birthday and we are getting Indian takeaway in and having a scrummy pudding and birthday cake and a bottle of something, and maybe some baileys that i got for xmas thats been calling my name for 6 weeks...lol. Im not counting syns i'll be ON plan all day up until the evening, and back on plan sunday morning.
cant wait :)

*honey - I have just checked the other groups near me and I would not be able to get to them. I take it you don't go to class so can I just ask what keeps you going and motivated? Some were saying on an earlier thread that the scare of the weekly WI keeps them on track and I have a feeling I would be the same.

I am weigh in at home on Thursday mornings as well. I'm fortunate in that my daughter and I are both doing SW so we WI together. Also, I joined the Thursday weigh in thread above which helps keep me motivated.

When I'm feeling a bit de-motivated I look at the before/after pics above and that usually kick starts me! lol

I just am motivated, i made a decision to lose weight last January and did......... sorry thats not much help is it. I am naturally a very determined person so if i sat out to do something I DO. Wanting to lose the weight and get back to a size 10 was motivation enough. seeing the lbs fall off was also all i needed to stay on track.
For me we really dont feel or look like were on a diet, big meals each day and a variety, never the same thing 2 weeks running.

Thank you dawnwynne and *honey, I wish I had your willpower. The reason why I am so worried is when I got to target last time (a few years back) I stopped going to class and completely stop being on plan and put it all on again.

Although I know I want to lose weight I just don't know how long I will stick with it on my own.

I think I will have to give the Thursday class a try and then take a few weeks off to see if I can do it at home.

Thanks again x

I am another that needs the discipline of the class. Mine is a Wed night and I love the fact I have the Mon and Tues after a weekend if I need it. In fact I love everything about it being a Wed as I have 2 more days to push until the weekend so if I have a night out or anything planned then it keeps me on track, the weekends are just the weekend eh and I do with them whatever I have to but quite often incorporate a long walk into the weekend and don't go off plan unless I have a reason i.e birthday etc. Then Mon and Tues I am pure focussed on Wed result.

In fact the only thing I would change would be to have my group in the morning but it's not so that's life.

Oh and with the week been broken up like that into 3 2 day sections and weigh day the weeks seem to FLY by...where did January go???

Thank you *Theresa*, there is a Wednesday class that my sis and friend go to so I might try that. What you have said is exactly how I feel about it, having it in the middle of the week and having a few days to get back on track, if needed.
Just one more question, if I go to class next Wednesday instead of next Monday, how do you suggest I use my syns. Shall I just spread the weeks amount over 9 days instead of 7?

Any ideas? :confused:

Sounds to me that you definatly need the motivation of class. I wouldnt of thought weighing in on a monday would make any difference i weigh in on a thursday and keep about 40 syns for saturday night i think you should print of a sheet with 105 boxes on if you can then allocate your syns for the weekend and the rest during the week you may beable to stick to it better that way. Ive never had a problem losing the weight this way maybe you should try it for a week.

Sounds to me that you definatly need the motivation of class. I wouldnt of thought weighing in on a monday would make any difference i weigh in on a thursday and keep about 40 syns for saturday night i think you should print of a sheet with 105 boxes on if you can then allocate your syns for the weekend and the rest during the week you may beable to stick to it better that way. Ive never had a problem losing the weight this way maybe you should try it for a week.

I know what you are saying and I have only gained once since christmas which was 1lb. Its more of the way I react after I have maybe gone over syns, I was just thinking if I had 3 extra days before WI I would think that it would be easier to draw a line under a bad weekend rather then continuing to binge and contemplating missing WI.
I will try it out and see how I feel, I don't believe I will lose more weight overall but I think it will make me feel more in control at the times when I do fall off plan, even if that is only once in a blue moon.

Then again just thinking about it I might be more likely to go off plan if I think I have 3 days to pull it back.... I will have to give it a try xx

Just one more question, if I go to class next Wednesday instead of next Monday, how do you suggest I use my syns. Shall I just spread the weeks amount over 9 days instead of 7?

Any ideas? :confused:

You get 15 syns a day hun so two more days mean 30 more syns to see you through :)

Thanks *Theresa*, I know what you're saying but I start off with 105 syns and subtract as I go, sometimes not having 15 a day. So even if my WI date changes to Thursday shall I still count my 105 from Monday to Monday?

:confused::confused:

Back