will it get easier?

Hi all

New to forum rooms, but hoping to find help and inspiration on my weight loss journey.
i weighed in at whopping 29 stone 12 pounds 2 years ago, ignored it hoping it would go away (yeah right)
in June 2009 i got a huge wake up call - my back went!!! with being so big i no one able to help me and spent 5 weeks bed bound on very strong medication.
I soon got back up and moving and back to work and eating the same old junk food. so im sure i hit over the 30 stone mark
In October 2009 a friend took me to join a gym. started very slowly indeed, couldn't even manage 3 mins on a crosstrainer.
I tried to calorie count and exercised 3 times a week and i did loose some weight. In fact it was a nice surprise in June this year when i joined slimming world ( for the 4th time) the scales read 26 stone 11.
With a lot of hard work i have now lost 6 stone in total with 2 stone 12 and a half pound lost at slimming world. But i still find it so easy to slip back to old habits. I was and think i still am super morbidly obese. I just long to be fit and healthy. but when i know how much damage junk food does i still cant find a happy medium to stay on the right track for life!!!

Hi Joanna, firstly, wow, well done, you're doing amazingly by the sound of it! Secondly, in my experience it does get easier, but is never completely easy. I do find that I still have that switch that sometimes flicks and says "OK binge now" but that these days it switches its self off again alot faster so alot less damage is done. Plus you'll also find that as you diet more you're physically able to eat less and less. I also find that my body expects good nutrition these days, so if I OD on salt, fat etc I tend to feel a bit ill and really crave a salad (and believe me, that is not something I ever thought I'd hear myself saying!).

Keep going! The middle bit of the diet was the hardest in my experience, and once you get nearer goal it starts to get a whole lot easier.

Back