will you do slimming world forever?

lilpixiesue

I was having a chat with a slimming world buddy the other day, and we both said we reckon we will probably just eat the SW way forever. I find it a really sustainable lifestyle and although obviously there will be times when i go off-plan, and there will be gains and losses in my future, I don't see why i wouldn't stick to this general way of eating forever. I have only been doing it for 4 weeks but i can see myself following it forever now, on and off.

Diets I have done previously haven't felt like that, i couldn't possibly imagine counting calories forever, how depressing (for me personally) but the superfree/free makes it easier to follow on SW I think.

So is your SW plan a means to an end, or a permanent (flexibly so, perhaps) lifestyle change?

I shall there's no way I'm gaining all this weight back I hated being a size 18-20. So I shall follow this healthy way of eating too :)

I will, I love slimming world, it really isn't a diet its a healthy eating plan. Even if I ever stopped going I'd go over syns on treats rather then meals, I can't imagine myself ever going back to cooking the way I do. But the plan is to stay at class as well, why leave when you get free membership once you get to target

I will, I love slimming world, it really isn't a diet its a healthy eating plan. Even if I ever stopped going I'd go over syns on treats rather then meals, I can't imagine myself ever going back to cooking the way I do. But the plan is to stay at class as well, why leave when you get free membership once you get to target

exactly! I love my group - its such a part of my life now. I also do think that those that stay to class keep on track better x

I can't see any choice, I will end up even heavier if I stop!

Yes I will stay with SW forever, several years ago I got down to 9st 7lbs with SW, left and put 4 stone back on, so I have learnt the hard way.

Think we all learn the hard way. I've been at my heaviest 20 stone and my lightest 9.2 I'm now 12.0 and wanting to get to 11.0 and being 5ft 9 I think 11.0 is a nice weight for me. So only way to stay there is re-educate myself to healthy eating for life!!

I think i am going to have to personally as i agree with what others have said in that the plan is maintainable in day to day life but not only that i know from experience that if i dont carry on with it i will fall into bad habits again and the next thing i will know i will be back up to my starting weight and probably a bit more as thats how the pattern has been throughout my life so far... lose some, gain more, lose some, gain more and so on and soforth

So yeah i am in for the long haul ladies and gents and i am hoping i can teach my baby daughter to eat this way too as she takes after me in so many ways that i worry that she will end up like me and i really couldnt bare that :(

A lady that goes to my group has been at target for almost 20 years! She still comes to group almost every week, she said its just a way of life for her but it keeps her on track when she goes on holiday. She's certainly an inspiration x

Once I hit my target I am aiming to still follow SW but also being more flexible - for example at weekends have the odd curry or chinese knowing I can fall back on plan during the week. It wont be such a worry as when your on plan 100% trying to loose yr weight. I never ever want to put the weight back on, I learned my lesson about too many takeaways and pies and cakes, this time it will be easier to manage as I feel I have learned so much about food from SW. At target I will have a chocolate eclare without feeling guilty because I will be eating more healthy meals for the rest of the week.

Yes. There is no stopping or coming off the "diet".
Like all diet plans, there is a maintenance programme. I have followed SW for years and never miss a group, no matter what. I've seen so many people get to target, stop coming and then rejoin.

For me, it is my way of eating and I won't ever stop.

The woman who has been at target for 20 years is so inspirational!

We have a couple of members who have been at target for YEARS, I know a couple got their diamond membership recently, but have been at target for longer then what they should have been to get it. How long do you need to be at target to get that?

donna88 said:
We have a couple of members who have been at target for YEARS, I know a couple got their diamond membership recently, but have been at target for longer then what they should have been to get it. How long do you need to be at target to get that?

I think it's a fairly new thing as the ones that got their diamond recently (like yours) have been there years and years. I think I remember people saying that SW didn't celebrate people that had been at target for years, only those who had just reached it so guess this was their way of congratulating the long term target peeps.

I think the way you cook things, like filling your plate with superfree veg, cooking in fry light, removing fat (which I did anyway I hate fatty meat bleurgh) will stick with me forever. Food tastes better when its been grilled, not fried in oil eurgh. And also having little treats in moderation rather than binging its a healthier attitude towards food

I eat such lovely delish food on Slimmimg world more so than if I wasn't on this healthy eating plan.

Can't wait tomorrow is pancakes for breakfast instead of bread pudding yum yum

I would like to be on SW forever and feel that it is a real lifestyle change rather than a diet. I intend to continue going to class once at target as I feel that this is the real key to keeping the weight off long term. I would really like to become a consultant in future (If i can ever afford the initial outlay) so that I can help people lose weight and feel good about themselves.

Also I am losing weight so that when we begin trying for a family I am a healthy weight. I have a major fear of making my children fat and unhappy as I have been so think that continuing with SW is the best way for me and my future family,

I hope so! I believe this time that it is a way of life, not a diet. This is a huge change for me as i normally count it as a diet. Monday is my treat night so if i want to go out to the cinema, i go on a monday. drinking is the biggest problem. I don't go out a lot but i like to have a drink once a week and i cant do this on a saturday and feel ok about it.

Back