Wine - Confused!

Tonic

I bought some weight watchers smooth red wine today as I thought I'd have it in place of normal red wine and save myself some points.... I've checked it on my iphone app and online and its coming out as the same amount of points as normal red wine! This cant be right can it?!?! I thought the point of weight watchers products was to save points????

Lordy, I would have thought so too. How much percentage alcohol is it?

I hadn't really considered ww wine as I assumed it would be a bit light in the alcohol department - am I wrong? Average bottle is about 12%.

Nope its not wrong. On Discover there was about 1 point of a difference between WW and normal wine. No comparison at all - normal wine is SO much nicer. My WW leader actually used to tell people to avoid WW wine lol

Feel pretty gutted now as I normally LOVE my wine and have foresaken my normal weekend treat of a nice Rioja for this poop!!!! LOL

Its only 9.5% vol and says 80 cals per glass... Just dont understand how if its so much lower in alcohol and calories it can be the same points.... Feel a bit cheated now :sigh:

Right, I'm doubly confused now! When I put the nutritional values into the calculator, it tells me that a 125ml glass has a 0pp value!!! Can someone else check this for me please?

Per 100ml it has:

Protein 0.1
Carb 0.8
Fat 0.1
fibre 0.1

CONFUDDLED!!

WW has openly said that NV don't work for working out the PP in alcohol. They have said that for alcohol, they have worked out the points, as inputting the NV into the calculator won't work.

Back