Wisdom Teeth and CD (and anti-biotics/extraction)

That's_So_Fetch

Gold Member
For the past 5 days or so i have had very very painful tooth pain :( because of my wisdom tooth. I know that it can be painful when the wisdom tooth comes through but its got so bad that i cant eat, drink or talk properly :cry:. Its at its worst in the morning but it does get better in the day, usually after some paracetemol.

The pain seems to come from the gum around the tooth as it feels sore and maybe inflamed :(, but my tooth hurts also :(.

I have been told not to bother going to the dentist because they will just say its expected because its my wisdom tooth. But i have also read that it could be an infection and i might need anti-biotics :confused:.

Anyway, the point of this post is to ask if anyone has experienced this when their wisdom tooth were coming through and if it can be made worse by doing CD :confused:. I was also wondering if you can do SS when on anti-biotics (incase i have to take them) and can you have your teeth out when on SS or would it be better to eat something.

I also expeience abit of ear ache as well as the tooth pain and was wondering if this is connected.

I would appreciate any advice or suggestions.

Thank you :) xx

ps. I am terrified of the dentist :cry:

Last edited:
Hi there,

I had a tooth out a few weeks back, not due to wisdom teeth but a dodgy filling. Anyways i spoke to my CDC and she advised me to come off the diet till the gum healed. Dont know if this is any good but would maybe be best for you to speak to your CDC. Also bite the bullet and go see your dentist. Hope it gets better for you.

Lisa xxx

Im in exactly your position. The earache is defo a sign of an infection and get to the dentist asap. The infection could spread otherwise.

I came off CD on my CDCs advice and it gave my teeth time to heal. Got an appointment on the 5th to discuss having them out xx

Hi ladies, thanks for your advice :). I have made an appointment to see the dentist but can only get in for thursday afternoon :(. So lots of paracetemol untill then (can we take neurophen on SS :confused:).

I am abit worried about the infection spreading :( but i'm hoping that drinking 4 litres a day should help :).

I'm also nervous about the dentist commenting of my ketosis breath :eek:, lol.

b_g: I hope things go well at the dentist on the 5th :)

xx

id move up the plans hun, just in case. Also, try drinking slightly warm water cos it helps so much with the pain.

Can you get sum ibuprofen? take 400mg ibuprofen with normal dose paracetamol and it usually does the trick. Get your hands on some cordosyl mouthwash until the dentist as they will recommend it anyway. Its got antibiotics in it so helps loads. Thanks for the "thanks" lol xxx

I've emailed my CDC (shes on holiday) about the dentist and hopefully she will get back to me before Thursday.

If it turns out that i need my tooth out i will just tell the dentist that i cant have it done there n then because i am on a diet. But i dont think they will take out my wisdom tooth because it still has to come through yet. If i go on antibiotics, i think i will move up to 1000/1200cals. But do we have to because i dont want to find it hard to get back to SS.

I will go into town and look for some Cordosyl and i will nip into the chemist for the ibuprofen.

Thanks again for all the help, the pain is killing me :(

xx

hmm i had wrote a lenghty reply about 30 minutes or more ago, wonder where it disappeared to, lol

well the jist of it was one of my wisdom teeth became inpacted on its way up and i ended up with and infection round it. was on AB'S for 10 days and had a purple solution ( think it might have been corsdoyl that i had to use with a syringe and a needle with a biggish hole ( wasnt sharp ) and basically detist made some flaps in the gum round the tooth and i had to squirt the liquid under them 3 times a day to clear it out. it worked and the tooth didnt have to come out. had no further probs with it either

My dentist made an appointment with the hospital to have all of my wisdom teeth out (I had 3, the 4th never developed for some reason) under general anasthetic even though only one had an infection. The pain of wisdom tooth infection is just unbearable so I feel for you, take good care of yourself xx

I had 2 of my wisdom teeth removed 10 years ago after suffering for about 5 years of recurrent infections in the gum aarea around the tooth. I know what you're going through and still remember the pain clearly. I was terrified when they told me they were going to take them out as one was only partially errupted, but can honestly say it wasn't as bad as I expected at all. I had mine taken out at the dentist under local anaesthetic.

Good luck for thursday hun.

u poor love dentist is my worst night mare ( honest) i had all 4 of my wisdom teeth out at the same time awake! it wasent half as bad as i dreaded but i didint have an infection in them get yr teeth sorted asap cuz the pain will only get worse thinking of you xxxxxxxxxxxx

Awww you're all so lovely :grouphugg:. Thank you for your replies :thankyou:. I am coping with the pain so far, i had a paracetemol earlier and its a little better :).

I really hope they dont take it out but its really annoying me :argh: and i cant put my teeth togther without catching the inside of my cheek. So no CD choc muffins or frozen tetra ice creams for me :(. My gums are still hurting though and i keep poking my cheek cuz it feels funny :(.

I think i only have the one aswell but will have to see what happens on thursday. I just hope i dont have a panic attack, i hate the dentist :(.

I am still curious about doing SS when i go to the dentist. I dont know if i will have to have it out so dont know if i should eat something. I'm thinking i will refuse to have it out that day, lol :p, or just have some chicken breast before i go.

You all seem to have gone through the wisdom tooth phase and having to have more than 1 wisdom tooth out, ouchy :eek:, that must hurt.

I hate teeth :mad:, thats all i have to say, lol.

Thanks again for your lovely support and help.:)

xx

i hate teeth too there evil !!! i tell u dont forget clove oil that works well too ANDDDDDDDDDDDDD GOOOOOOOOOOO DENTISTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT NOWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW

i hate teeth too there evil !!! i tell u dont forget clove oil that works well too ANDDDDDDDDDDDDD GOOOOOOOOOOO DENTISTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT NOWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW

lol, i'l think of you saying that to me on thursday when i've got my emergency appointment :p xx

good luck 4 tommorow hunny wen your in the chair count backwards for 100 in 7 ssss ie : 100 93 86 or an easier number wotever to keep your mind distyracted i did that 3 weeks a go wen i had my teeth deep cleaned and scaled ( shudder ) worked a treat ........ and if it hurts tell them they will give you more stuff xxxxxxxxxxxx

good luck 4 tommorow hunny wen your in the chair count backwards for 100 in 7 ssss ie : 100 93 86 or an easier number wotever to keep your mind distyracted i did that 3 weeks a go wen i had my teeth deep cleaned and scaled ( shudder ) worked a treat ........ and if it hurts tell them they will give you more stuff xxxxxxxxxxxx

Thanx sweetie :). I am a little anxious tonight so cant get to sleep :(. I'll figure out some way to keep me distracted and i have a very very low pain threshold, so i am sure there will be a few tears:cry:, lol:eek: .

I hope you've had a fab day

Nyt xxx

r u sorted now hun havent heard from you in a bit

Hi sweetie, i'm ok now thanks. Just on anti-biotics for the pain. The dentist did say i could have it out but i said i'd think about it. The pain is getting better but i cant bare the thought of having it out, especially since he mentioned how it would be done.

I havent had much time to get on the computer today, been to busy out and about enjoying the nice weather before it dissappears. I only manage to get on around this time, lol.

How are you? I hope you've had a fab day. xx

Back