Wish me luck

Mummy_Helen

Silver Member
To go alongside SW I have also decided to give up smoking. I'm going to the stop smoking clinic this afternoon to get either patches or the inhaler, and I really want to do it. I've been a smoker for 20 years:eek: I know it's going to be tough, but it's now or never.

Wish me luck!

OOOh good luck chick, I did it the other way yround (quit then sw), have been a non smoker since March.
Didnt go down the meds route, had one of those electric ciggie, worked a dream, cause unlike the nicorette inhaler, you actualy blow out 'smoke'.
The most important thing though is will power, keep reminding yourself why you are doing it and take it one day at a time x

All the best of luck to you Helen! My sister has been smoking near 30 years and had to give up the cigarettes for her op next month. She's on something called champix and it seems to be working. All the best to you! :D

my reply just went into cyber space !!
a good luck.I did it few years ago and its horrid. Make sure you have lots of syn free snacks cos I found that even with patches the only way to stop craving was to eat and then I wanted to smoke cos I had just eaten-vicious circle so make sure you stock up well.xx

Well done you - your really giving yourself a lot to do but im sure you will get there!! x x x

I have always been grateful to the people who tried to bully me into smoking when I was a teenager - I have always been contrary, so that made me determined not to!!

But even though I don't have the personal experience, I do know from other people that giving up smoking is one of the hardest things to do, but it is also THE BEST thing you can do for your health.

Good luck - be strong - you can do it, and you will be so pleased with yourself when you do!

Good luck! I quit smoking in February 2009 after about 10 years of being a smoker, the reason I decided to do so was because with SW I could eat as much as I wanted and I knew I would want to eat a lot if I wasn't smoking. It was actually really easy to stop, it's once you become a non-smoker it's a whole new journey! I used the inhalors and they really helped me, had tried patches/cold turkey in the past and gave up trying to quit within hours with them! I am sure you will quit no problem, you can do it if you really want it! xx

Well done. I hope you make it. Just think of the money you will save apart from the health benefits.

Faustina are champix tablets ?? I would love my OH to stop. so would he but he has never been successful.

I stopped 18 years ago in the day our granddaughter was born because my son had said he didn't want any smokers around her. The thought of standing outside in the British climate to have a fag was a great deterrent. Also I wanted so much to cuddle my baby granddaughter without stinking of cigarette smoke.

Well we have patches and the inhaler, so tonight at bed time we have our last ciggie, then put the patch on, and that (hopefully) will be it. I'm going to try and keep myself busy tomorrow, becasue I have a feeling that boredom is where I'll be wanting them.

Good luck with giving up!!

I have been gving up for months, im now down to 2 a day and im hoping to stop completley soon.

Wishing you loads of luck honey x

Patch is on now, doing Ok so far, it's been on for about an hour, and I have my inhaler to use when I feel like I need a ciggie. Having the inhaler helps because instead of reaching for food, I reach for that, which gives me something to do with my hands. Plus I don't have to go outside in the cold/rain to use the inhaler. we never smoked in the house anyway because of the kids, but there's no smoke with these so can use it in the house/car/ wherever.

I know it's early days, but so far so good.

Good luck hun i'm sure you'll be fine. I quit smoking about four years ago now after smoking since i was 14 if i can do it anyone can :)

Well done. I hope you make it. Just think of the money you will save apart from the health benefits.

Faustina are champix tablets ?? I would love my OH to stop. so would he but he has never been successful.

I stopped 18 years ago in the day our granddaughter was born because my son had said he didn't want any smokers around her. The thought of standing outside in the British climate to have a fag was a great deterrent. Also I wanted so much to cuddle my baby granddaughter without stinking of cigarette smoke.

Yeah she's having an op next month and they want her off the cigs quicksmart. The GP put her on them, prescription only. My auntie was a lifetime smoker and the champix worked for her too. Might be worth looking into for himself? :)

how are you copin mummy helen? Hope you are still on the wagons?

I am still on the wagon:)

I had a nightmare night last night though, I went to bed and woke up about an hour later throwing up and dizzy, So I took the patch off and within an hour I was ok. So today I've put the patch back on, but I'll take it off about an hour before bed, and just take the inhaler through in case I need it. I think the problem was having a constant stream of nicotine with the patch, and I think it was too much.

I was quite annoyed with hubby though, since he needs to do this more than me (he had a stroke last year) and he ended up going to the shop (supposedly for coffee) and bought tobbaco. He's only had one, but I was quite peeved he'd gone and bought it in the first place. But quite pleased that when he offered me one, I snapped "NO!" Then I hid the tobacco and told him I'd only give it back if he REALLY struggled. So far he hasn't been that bad.

But YEY me... 2 days smoke free!

Well done chick - it will get easier! Loving the tough love with the OH - he'll thank you for it in the end.
Keep up the good work x

Back