Women....TOTM problem on Lipotrim / slim n save. Please help!!

lil_trixie

I'm really hoping someone can shed some light on this.... i was on Lipotrim two years ago and within a month i was bleeding daily, it then stopped once i resumed eating properly.

I'm now on slim n save (roughly 500-600 cals) a day and the same thing has happened now within 2 weeks.... I'm not sure what to do as it is a nuisance and i'm quite worried.

Has this happened to anyone else on these vlcd diets or does anyone have any advice I definitely don't want to stop the diet.

Id be so grateful for any help or advice :eek:

Thanks

Hi ya, i know how you feel ,I've been on lipotrim for nearly 9 weeks and have been bleeding the whole time. I went to my doctor on Friday and they gave me pills which have stopped the bleeding, it took 3 days tho. Go see your doctor see if they can prescribe you some, hope you feel better soon x

Crumbs Emma, I wish I'd know sooner. It's been the biggest pain on LT for me altho I did get the odd week off ;) Glad you got sorted.

Hi ya, i know how you feel ,I've been on lipotrim for nearly 9 weeks and have been bleeding the whole time. I went to my doctor on Friday and they gave me pills which have stopped the bleeding, it took 3 days tho. Go see your doctor see if they can prescribe you some, hope you feel better soon x

Hi Emma

So glad i'm not the only one (sorry lol)
By pills what type do you mean as i'm on a contraceptive pill and not sure if this is causing problems.

Did your doc say why this could be happening? I went to mine last time i was on lipotrim and she didn't have a clue why :confused:

Glad you got it sorted :) xx

Hi..

I haven't had constant bleeding but have had irregular periods that are heavier and longer than normal, I also noticed smaller losses during these weeks which bothered me more! xxx

As I understand it some hormones are stored in fat... Such as oestrogen.

As you lose weight oestrogen gets lost which must send a signal to your body that it's period time. Periods start when your oestrogen is at the lowest during the cycle so I'm assuming as you lose it from the fat your levels must be constantly lowering?

Once you stop LT this problem seems to sort itself out so your body must readjust quickly. :)

I'm on the pill too but the pill they gave me to stop the bleeding is called mefenamic acid but the only reason they gave them to me is because they needed to do a smear and they had to stop the bleeding ( I have history with cervical cancerous cells, I'm all clear now but they still do regular smears) but you can ask if you can be prescribed the pills x

Not everyone from what I've seen but a lot of people post about it.
I've not noticed anything weird myself.

My problem is constipation, I'd gladly swap problems :D

I'm on the pill too but the pill they gave me to stop the bleeding is called mefenamic acid but the only reason they gave them to me is because they needed to do a smear and they had to stop the bleeding ( I have history with cervical cancerous cells, I'm all clear now but they still do regular smears) but you can ask if you can be prescribed the pills x

Oh goodness... glad your all clear. Im for the doctors next Thursday so hopefully i get a different doctor than last time as they were so unhelpful.

Thanks x

Thanks girls for all your replies. Don't think it happens everyone nuttydentalnurse - well hopefully not. xx

Egads! I did not know about this side effect. I am hoping to conceive when I reach goal... that can't be good

I know of 2 peeps in the last few months that have fallen pregnant either while on LT or just after. You should be fine LeeLee.

Thank you Kay! It never happened to me on lighter life, I was only a but constipated at times, and had a bit of hair loss after five months (but I have a lot of hair anyway) so hopefully I'll come through this unscathed! I think the fact me and the boyf aren't doing away with a bottle or two of wine a night should help :)

Ladies here's another question i hope someone can help me with. I see that there's quite a few that are saying this diet can help towards becoming pregnant (eeekk)

So if my TOTM is all over the show and i'm on the pill am i still covered? I really hope so :confused:

Has anyone had an experience like this and been covered ok?

Thanks ladies x

I've not heard of anyone on here getting pregnant that hadn't intended to do so! Keep taking your pills :)

I've not heard of anyone on here getting pregnant that hadn't intended to do so! Keep taking your pills :)

Hope your right lol :) Thanks teapot xx

Nuttydentalnurse, I'm the same with the PCOS and horrid cycles. Supposedly losing the weight will really help with the symptoms so... I know my doc wants me to take Metformin as well but it makes me too ill. Going to ask him to suggest something else if there is something because with the diet and weight loss, who know what may happen!

Hi There
Im on the mini pill so I dont have any breaks in taking my pill and I dont usually have any periods at all.

I stuck to lipotrim 100% after three days I had started a period :-( bit longer than normal around 7 days then I stopped. However I started again within 5 days!!!

This really threw me I was doing really well but when I have periods I have horrendous migraines and ended up being sick. So I gave in. Now Im struggling to get back into it.

Stick with it because trying to start again is terrible.

Good luck
xxxx

Back