Working on me

How has the last few day been @Jenny_b ?

I am back on the :whacky068: for July. Got no events on this month so no excuse to not jump on it. It is in the garage so it feels like I am going to the gym.;).
Eating on the other hand has been different :rolleyes:
Got to cut the coffee and Nairn Choc biscuits out. Need to get some different flavour squashes in as I only have apple and blackcurrant and it gets boring to keep drinking the same one.

Can't wait for school to break up then I have 6 weeks off of not getting up at 4.15am every day. :)
If you live in the UK Lidl does a lovely no added sugar squash. It is my go to squash every time. I personally love summer fruits flavour and a little goes a long way as it is strong flavour. By the time you make it up look really pale and looks like it will have no taste whatsoever but it is really nice and refreshing.

What an important post, Orc. Thank you for sharing. And thank you, Jenny for showing how you can move from a vlcd to another plan.

If you are reading this, lurking anonymously, stop. Sign up and take action by joining us on Minimins to tackle your excess weight.
When u say sighned up what do u mean please,

Hey, sorry I’ve been quiet this week. I’ve been so busy and haven’t been eating great. But tomorrow is a new day and what better day to make a fresh start than a Monday lol. I’m starting a challenge tomorrow, it’s for 75 days so I’ll be printing out a sheet to tick, basically to exercise, not cheat on diet, no alcohol etc.

had a nightmare yesterday, my fridge, washing machine and mixer all broke 😱 couldn’t quite believe it. Luckily washing machine was a quick fix, just a blocked filter. Mixer is only 4 months old, had to order another for next delivery as I had baking to do today. Fridge not working 😢 I have a cake fridge that is now being used until this one is fixed, it’s less than a year old so hoping they’ll be able to come out and fix or replace it. It’s a massive American style one as having 5 kids is really needed.
Goodnight. I’ll try and post daily again as it really does help me stay focused x x

Hey, sorry I’ve been quiet this week. I’ve been so busy and haven’t been eating great. But tomorrow is a new day and what better day to make a fresh start than a Monday lol. I’m starting a challenge tomorrow, it’s for 75 days so I’ll be printing out a sheet to tick, basically to exercise, not cheat on diet, no alcohol etc.

had a nightmare yesterday, my fridge, washing machine and mixer all broke 😱 couldn’t quite believe it. Luckily washing machine was a quick fix, just a blocked filter. Mixer is only 4 months old, had to order another for next delivery as I had baking to do today. Fridge not working 😢 I have a cake fridge that is now being used until this one is fixed, it’s less than a year old so hoping they’ll be able to come out and fix or replace it. It’s a massive American style one as having 5 kids is really needed.
Goodnight. I’ll try and post daily again as it really does help me stay focused x x
You have had a very stressful day with all appliances packing in at once. One is bad enough but 3 of them. good idea regarding setting yourself a challenge. I find it easier when I have goals to achieve. Breaking it down into smaller chunks doesn't seem so overwhelming. So my next mini goal I am working towards is 4.5 stone lost, Then a new stone bracket.

You must be one busy lady with 5 children. My sister has 4 girls and I know when they were small how busy she was. come to think of it she is still busy . But now it is because she is Mums taxi. The girls are all grown up and are at work and in their 20's.

Great plan you have there @Jenny_b
Why is it things break down at the worst times. I've just had to get a tumble dryer and a freezer. Don't use the freezer much but need one just in case.

I am starting off with 31 days treadmill which covers July then will be odd days in August as I will be away for some of it.

Oh my goodness what a day! I’m glad you’ve got appliances either mended or on the way. I always say “life gets in the way”. 75 days challenge sounds like a great idea. It’s manageable but still a good amount of time to make a difference. I find it’s water, steps and cals....boring but it works. You’re doing so well and so close to the 12’s xx

You have had a very stressful day with all appliances packing in at once. One is bad enough but 3 of them. good idea regarding setting yourself a challenge. I find it easier when I have goals to achieve. Breaking it down into smaller chunks doesn't seem so overwhelming. So my next mini goal I am working towards is 4.5 stone lost, Then a new stone bracket.

You must be one busy lady with 5 children. My sister has 4 girls and I know when they were small how busy she was. come to think of it she is still busy . But now it is because she is Mums taxi. The girls are all grown up and are at work and in their 20's.
Hey, yes so stressful as things I need daily.
bless your sister still being a taxi for her daughters, I know that feeling well 😂
Good plan with mini goal, it’s great having smaller goals, hope you hit 4.5st soon x x

Great plan you have there @Jenny_b
Why is it things break down at the worst times. I've just had to get a tumble dryer and a freezer. Don't use the freezer much but need one just in case.

I am starting off with 31 days treadmill which covers July then will be odd days in August as I will be away for some of it.
Hey, yeah such a pain when stuff breaks. Luckily I have cover on most of my appliances. Not the fridge as it’s still covered under manufacturers warranty, they’re coming out in a couple of days to fix it. Good luck for treadmill challenge 💪 x x

Oh my goodness what a day! I’m glad you’ve got appliances either mended or on the way. I always say “life gets in the way”. 75 days challenge sounds like a great idea. It’s manageable but still a good amount of time to make a difference. I find it’s water, steps and cals....boring but it works. You’re doing so well and so close to the 12’s xx
Thank you, I feel so much better on sw. Vlcds are so hard to stick to all the time. You’re doing amazing. How’s your recovery this time? Do you mind me asking what surgery you had? I’m so nosey lol. x x

So back at sw today, I know the scales will be up after having several days off plan but I’m ok with it. I’m back in the zone and feeling good. Need to make sure I can get to group every week so I stick to plan.
first day of my challenge yesterday and I did really well 😀💪 did weights and sit ups at home and went for a really long walk in the woods, food was all good, only thing to improve on was water. I’ll do better today.
have a good day all x x

Have a good day, today, Jenny. I so admire you and the other mums, handling children, work and house and everything!

Have a good day, today, Jenny. I so admire you and the other mums, handling children, work and house and everything!
Thanks so much. Juggling everything can be difficult sometimes but it’s normal to me now. Hope you have a lovely day x x

Scales couple of lbs up at Sw, I knew it would be but know I can easily get them off for next weigh in. Feeling really focused and excited to get back in the 12s. I will never see the 13s again 💪 I’m sure of it.
off shopping after group to buy lots of veg x x

Scales couple of lbs up at Sw, I knew it would be but know I can easily get them off for next weigh in. Feeling really focused and excited to get back in the 12s. I will never see the 13s again 💪 I’m sure of it.
off shopping after group to buy lots of veg x x
Your on the cusp with a new stone bracket I am sure with your exercise regime and on plan eating will soon see you you in a new stone bracket. It is so motivating getting into a new stone bracket. Here's to our motto onwards and downwards :D

Your on the cusp with a new stone bracket I am sure with your exercise regime and on plan eating will soon see you you in a new stone bracket. It is so motivating getting into a new stone bracket. Here's to our motto onwards and downwards :D
Yes it’s feels amazing getting into the next stone bracket down, I can’t wait 😀💪 x x

Last edited:
Good morning all, 2 of my children are now isolating due to positive cases in their years. My 8 year old was so happy when I told him he had to isolate 😂 my older daughter has been off so many times due to her year getting positive covid results, but this is the first time my sons year has been off. He’s so happy to be home schooling again lol. He’ll only have 3 or 4 days left of the school year when he goes back.

Stuck to challenge again yesterday, day 3 today 💪 my body is hurting but I’m still going to exercise, just take it a bit slower today.

Off out for breakfast with my friend this morning, I saved half my syns from yesterday so I have 22 to use today. Having full English breakfast, it’s buffet so I can choose how much of each item I want. I’m going to try and be really good and have a big drink before I start eating so I don’t eat as much.

have a good day all x x

Last edited:
Back