working out Syn values

tara40

Loves Norman Reedus
is there a way of working out how many syns there are in an item, otherwise i am going to have to buy the shopping book.

I don't think theres a scientific way like there is with WW, this is one of the reasons I have asked a friend to pick up the shopping guide for me. What I have done to help as well is create a table on word with all the foods that have passed through my lips that have syns, or foods I like with syns, I keep a note of the syns for future reference. Are you able to get onto the slimming world website, because theres a syns calculator on there - shame they don't bring out one you can buy and carry around in your handbag!

As a **very** approximate rule of thumb you can allow 20cals per syn. This only really works for syn food - anything with a free allowance it fails completely.

For example - if you saw a choccy bar at 140 cals, it is likely to be around 7 syns. You would then know whether or not to even buy it, and then you can check the exact syns when you get back home....

that would make it easier indeed. maybe you could suggest it to the heads of SW. make yourself a little bit of commission at the same time. A little computerised shopping guide that you could keep in your bag. Fab idea.

thanks Angie that is a great way to roughly estimate the syn value. For me it is more for impulse buying, like the Wispa bar that i had on Saturday.

I will try this. But i do tend to work my out by the food directory or the online guide.

i think i will have to buy the shop directory and then a bigger bag to keep it with me.

for me it is the impulse buying, for example i was so bored on Saturday at the footie tournament that i bought a Wispa and yes it made me feel better. I knew that the syns would be high but if i had had it in black and white in front of me i would probably have resisted temptation.

did you pick up the password for the online section?

I get free internet on my mobile so if I am unsure, out it comes and onto the slimming world website!

Back