Workout dvds

Discussion in 'Slimming World' started by Leapfrog, 22 October 2009 Social URL.

1. Leapfrog

Leapfrog Champion actifryer

Start Weight:
    84kg
    Current Weight:
    71.5kg
    Goal Weight:
    65kg
    Lost(%):
    12.5kg(14.9%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    Can anyone recommend any good workout dvds as I'm on a mission to do something every day. I live in rural France so joining a gym isn't an option.

I already have a few step videos, which I love (Cher, Kelly Roberts & Darryl Preston). Has anyone tried Kathy Smith as I've seen one of her dvds going cheap on French Ebay (in French, too which must be strange?).

I'm not big on lots of repetitive exercises, I much prefer choreographed stuff to work the brain so you don't realise you're working out, IYKWIM.

Thanks for any suggestions

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. LisaC

LisaC Gold Member

Start Weight:
    17st0lb
    Current Weight:
    17st0lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st6lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    I wll always recommend Davina McCalls dvds! And I know lots on here do also. They're quite fun, not easy which means you feel feel you're doing your body good & you get results! My fav's are the 3 30 minutes workout dvd & her newest one (cant remember the name).

4. Leapfrog

Start Weight:
    84kg
    Current Weight:
    71.5kg
    Goal Weight:
    65kg
    Lost(%):
    12.5kg(14.9%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    Thanks LisaC. Are they quite "dancey"?

5. Lisamac30

Lisamac30 Full Member

Start Weight:
    15st7lb
    Current Weight:
    13st5lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st0lb
    Lost(%):
    2st2lb(13.82%)
    Diet:
    Healthy Eating/Low Gi
    Davina's boxercise dvd is fab I go to my mates and we do it together - she's also got another one out not sure what its called but it's got lots of different work outs on it depending on what you want to focus on that day so we did the boxercise one 1st and then the abs section from the other dvd and it was brilliant!

6. Leapfrog

Start Weight:
    84kg
    Current Weight:
    71.5kg
    Goal Weight:
    65kg
    Lost(%):
    12.5kg(14.9%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    Lisamac30 do you have to have a body like the guy in your signature to do the boxercise? Not sure I can wobble quite like that lol

7. NIKI

NIKI Full Member

Start Weight:
    13st6lb
    Current Weight:
    12st0lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st8lb
    Lost(%):
    1st6lb(10.64%)
    Diet:
    Slimming world
    I've got the Davina dvd called super body workout - its got 2 workouts one is superfit so quite bouncy with lots of jumping and kicking and the other one is superfit which is a toning workout with weights. I really enjoy both and there are add on like abs/thighs/arms so you can tackle your specific problem areas. I really like it for days when I dont have time or the inclination to go the gym and my husband always laughs at me jumping around the living room in my pants and sports bra - so classy!

8. LisaC

LisaC Gold Member

Start Weight:
    17st0lb
    Current Weight:
    17st0lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st6lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    The Davina ones aren't no. Ive tried tons of fitness ones & the Davina are the only ones I get into & get results. As the girls have said the boxing ones are great, you really feel you're getting a good workout! But there's no dancing at all.

9. missyxx

missyxx Full Member

Diet:
    slimming world
    i have got the wii game by jillian michaels (the trainer from biggest loser) its brill everyting worked out for you i.e calories burnt etc i do like this one

10. LisaC

LisaC Gold Member

Start Weight:
    17st0lb
    Current Weight:
    17st0lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st6lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    I considered buying this (although I'd need to buy a Wii too). Are the workouts fairly easy or are some a bit more tough? I prefer harder workouts so didnt know if it would be ideal.

11. missyxx

missyxx Full Member

Diet:
    slimming world
    you can tailor it to your needs if you want a tough one it will i also got the personal trainer wii game and omg she sometimes kills me

12. Ninja

Ninja Silver Member

Start Weight:
    15st2lb
    Current Weight:
    12st1lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st0lb
    Lost(%):
    3st1lb(20.28%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    I have the Natalie Cassidy DVD which is a very good workout. It has a boxercise section, some exercises as well as a repetitive, aerobic, dance themed warm up section, which is very good just on it's own.

13. Lisamac30

Lisamac30 Full Member

Start Weight:
    15st7lb
    Current Weight:
    13st5lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st0lb
    Lost(%):
    2st2lb(13.82%)
    Diet:
    Healthy Eating/Low Gi
    lol I tell you what Leapfrog that guy should be super slim by now the rate he shakes his hips every day! ;)

14. pinktiger

pinktiger Full Member

Start Weight:
    18st0lb
    Current Weight:
    16st2lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st1lb
    Lost(%):
    1st12lb(10.32%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World

I got this one, tried it and loved the feeling that you really are doing a workout but got told by my physio it's too much for me at the mo as recovering from major surgery on my knee :d'oh: so have to revert back to just using the Wii fit proframme.

A week later and I'm back on crutches with a swollen knee and knee cap moved out of place, now sits an inch too high:cry: so only exercise I get to do is simple ones from my physio and I'm fed up. Just want to get fit fit fit

15. SarahSez

SarahSez Silver Member

Start Weight:
    17st1lb
    Current Weight:
    9st9lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st11lb
    Lost(%):
    7st6lb(43.51%)
    Diet:
    Rosemary Conley
    have your thought of the Dirty Dancing workout dvd or the Strictly Come Dancing workout dvd? Just a thought ...

16. redkat

redkat Member

Start Weight:
    12st4lb
    Current Weight:
    10st0lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st13lb
    Lost(%):
    2st4lb(18.6%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World.
    Oh, I like the idea of the dirty Dancing one. I'd love a dancey DVD. I have the Wii fit but find it's too slow for me. So we just use it for the games. I want a DVd that really works me but in a fun way. (IYKWIM)
    Exercise and fun in the same sentence - me thinks i need a sit down!! LOL
    Kerry

17. StarvinMarvin

StarvinMarvin Member

Start Weight:
    25st12.5lb
    Current Weight:
    24st1lb
    Goal Weight:
    12st0lb
    Lost(%):
    1st11.5lb(7.03%)
    just bought the dirty dancing workout from ebay.. will give it a try and see what its like :)

18. ilovelife

ilovelife Wishing and hoping!

power of three by davina excellent and there are results

19. judimac

judimac Mad old Bat with Attitude

Start Weight:
    14st5lb
    Diet:
    WW
    Redkat you need the Sports Active for the Wii! I couldn't come downstairs for stiffness after the first 2 days, and even now after 3 months I still drip sweat! You would need to upgrade the band tho as it doesn't give you much resistance.

20. StarvinMarvin

StarvinMarvin Member

Start Weight:
    25st12.5lb
    Current Weight:
    24st1lb
    Goal Weight:
    12st0lb
    Lost(%):
    1st11.5lb(7.03%)
    I LOVE Ebay :)

Okay, i have now in the last hour bought the dirty dancing workout dvd, the fame workout dvd, and the dance it off with vicky binns (molly from corrie) dvd, all for the grand total of £13.16 including postage :D

Also have a bid on a R&B workout (who am i kidding? lol) and the patsy palmer ibiza dvd. both have max bids of £2.99 inc postage. what a bargain!! :eek:

I am pretty much a complete newbie to exercise, so think this will be something to do at home until i build up a bit of stamina!

wish me luck! lol :p

21. Leapfrog

Start Weight:
    84kg
    Current Weight:
    71.5kg
    Goal Weight:
    65kg
    Lost(%):
    12.5kg(14.9%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    Thanks everyone. StarvinMarvin - I expect a detailed report on ALL of those videos!

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.