Workout dvds

Leapfrog

Champion actifryer
Can anyone recommend any good workout dvds as I'm on a mission to do something every day. I live in rural France so joining a gym isn't an option.

I already have a few step videos, which I love (Cher, Kelly Roberts & Darryl Preston). Has anyone tried Kathy Smith as I've seen one of her dvds going cheap on French Ebay (in French, too which must be strange?).

I'm not big on lots of repetitive exercises, I much prefer choreographed stuff to work the brain so you don't realise you're working out, IYKWIM.

Thanks for any suggestions

I wll always recommend Davina McCalls dvds! And I know lots on here do also. They're quite fun, not easy which means you feel feel you're doing your body good & you get results! My fav's are the 3 30 minutes workout dvd & her newest one (cant remember the name).

I've got the Davina dvd called super body workout - its got 2 workouts one is superfit so quite bouncy with lots of jumping and kicking and the other one is superfit which is a toning workout with weights. I really enjoy both and there are add on like abs/thighs/arms so you can tackle your specific problem areas. I really like it for days when I dont have time or the inclination to go the gym and my husband always laughs at me jumping around the living room in my pants and sports bra - so classy!

Thanks LisaC. Are they quite "dancey"?

The Davina ones aren't no. Ive tried tons of fitness ones & the Davina are the only ones I get into & get results. As the girls have said the boxing ones are great, you really feel you're getting a good workout! But there's no dancing at all.

i have got the wii game by jillian michaels (the trainer from biggest loser) its brill everyting worked out for you i.e calories burnt etc i do like this one

i have got the wii game by jillian michaels (the trainer from biggest loser) its brill everyting worked out for you i.e calories burnt etc i do like this one

I considered buying this (although I'd need to buy a Wii too). Are the workouts fairly easy or are some a bit more tough? I prefer harder workouts so didnt know if it would be ideal.

you can tailor it to your needs if you want a tough one it will i also got the personal trainer wii game and omg she sometimes kills me

I have the Natalie Cassidy DVD which is a very good workout. It has a boxercise section, some exercises as well as a repetitive, aerobic, dance themed warm up section, which is very good just on it's own.

I got this one, tried it and loved the feeling that you really are doing a workout but got told by my physio it's too much for me at the mo as recovering from major surgery on my knee :d'oh: so have to revert back to just using the Wii fit proframme.

A week later and I'm back on crutches with a swollen knee and knee cap moved out of place, now sits an inch too high:cry: so only exercise I get to do is simple ones from my physio and I'm fed up. Just want to get fit fit fit

Oh, I like the idea of the dirty Dancing one. I'd love a dancey DVD. I have the Wii fit but find it's too slow for me. So we just use it for the games. I want a DVd that really works me but in a fun way. (IYKWIM)
Exercise and fun in the same sentence - me thinks i need a sit down!! LOL
Kerry

Redkat you need the Sports Active for the Wii! I couldn't come downstairs for stiffness after the first 2 days, and even now after 3 months I still drip sweat! You would need to upgrade the band tho as it doesn't give you much resistance.

I LOVE Ebay :)

Okay, i have now in the last hour bought the dirty dancing workout dvd, the fame workout dvd, and the dance it off with vicky binns (molly from corrie) dvd, all for the grand total of £13.16 including postage :D

Also have a bid on a R&B workout (who am i kidding? lol) and the patsy palmer ibiza dvd. both have max bids of £2.99 inc postage. what a bargain!! :eek:

I am pretty much a complete newbie to exercise, so think this will be something to do at home until i build up a bit of stamina!

wish me luck! lol :p

Back