Worried about planned Anniversary meal out

Zoe.D

loving life
Hi, It is my 9th wedding Anniversary on the 5th August and Hubby and I are having a kid free day out up London for a show and dinner. I am currently on ss but I am due to do my 810 week the week we are going but I am wondering what the meal will do to my losses that week.

I plan on picking the healthy option that stays relatively close to 810 food eg fish, chicken dish but at the same time I don't want to go to in a nice restaurant up London and pay through the nose for a chicken salad and then also ask them to take half the ingredients out of it. If I had one meal but a healthier choice but not totally to plan, no dessert etc do you think I may gain, stay the same or still be in the chance for a loss still.

I have lost nearly 4 stone and have not had a blip once and really don't want to gain but at the same time would love to enjoy a nice meal out without feeling extremely guilty. Any advice would be much appreciated. Thanks x :confused:

I recently had a spell of about 5 dyas where I'd eaten semi off plan - got back on to SS 2 dyas prior to WI and 'only' gained 2lbs. One of the dyas off plan was my wedding anniversary, and I had food that would make you gasp in horror......

However, it was hard getting back on to SS and into ketosis, I was very determined and got there eventually.

Hi Zoe,
Go for your meal and enjoy it woman! There will be no reason to feel guilty. The only thing I would say is try to drink as much water as possible after the meal (and a few days later) I believe it helps to 'flush out' so that not much damage will happen.
I have had 'blips' before (1/2 a pizza one week) and I drank and drank and that week lost 4lb. So I do believe it can be done.

The most important thing though, is that you enjoy celebrating 9 years of marriage with you hubby :)

Big Hugs x x x

Thanks Ruth and Emma, If anyone else has had the eating out dilemma I would appreciate hearing from you too.

I've had planned off days for eating out, because personally I haven't wanted to stick to plan. Everyone is different. You'll still get to goal, but sometimes it just delays it a bit. Some people will lose, some won't as everyone is different.
Like others have said I would concentrate on enjoying yourself.

I am planning to eat on 22nd and 29th August and stay 100% SS until then. On those dates I have friends and family coming to stay and I am throwing a bbq. I have spoken to my CDC about it already and she has said nearer the time she will discuss with me the safest food choices and I will stick to those.

I had a meal for hubbys 40th and drunk wine. I didn't weigh that week and weighed the next and lost 10lbs, so as long as you get back onto it you will be fine. I must warn you though I had a tough time of it getting back onto plan! And in the end wished I never did it......prob the hungry pangs! xxxx But now i'm ok with it now and would do it again for a extra special occassion.... so go for it!xxx

i think the other side of this "diet" is that if you WANT to have a break from the diet for a night, that you happily have one...it MAY effect the scales, but if you have a wonderful anniversary meal with your DH, then its a small price to pay and wont take you long to be able to get through that gain or low loss.

Just go with the flow hun and see how you feel on the night when your out....make good decisions and you will be fine!

xxx

Hi - it's my H2B's 42nd birthday on the 12th August and I've booked a night away for the 14th August at a lovely hotel (hope he's not reading this - he he) so am planning to eat and drink that night and for his actual birthday on the 12th August. I'm going to be 100% till then but am also quite nervous about the scales, I'm going to have a shake in the morning, soup for lunch and then whatever I like for dinner for the 12th and 14th Aug BUT also drink, drink, drink lots of water in the hope that I will flush most of it out. Would you guys recommend skipping a WI and going after two weeks, as I don't want to be disapointed if I gain.... x

Hi - it's my H2B's 42nd birthday on the 12th August and I've booked a night away for the 14th August at a lovely hotel (hope he's not reading this - he he) so am planning to eat and drink that night and for his actual birthday on the 12th August. I'm going to be 100% till then but am also quite nervous about the scales, I'm going to have a shake in the morning, soup for lunch and then whatever I like for dinner for the 12th and 14th Aug BUT also drink, drink, drink lots of water in the hope that I will flush most of it out. Would you guys recommend skipping a WI and going after two weeks, as I don't want to be disapointed if I gain.... x

Read my post above for my experience x

go for your meal, choose healthier choices but enjoy it! I would avoid alcohol though

i went out for a birthday mean on my 810cl week i ate what i wanted that was on the menu and had a drink. ate as i should of done for the rest of the week and had a loss of 4lb, go out and enjoy yourself!

Thanks girl's, you have helped alot. I think I will eat out and enjoy a meal but deffinately go for the more healthier option. I won't drink and no starter or pudd so I don't think I could do much damage. Thanks once again xx

Back