Worried...can anyone else relate?

Amyeve

Mummy of 2!
Firstly, i look at everyone elses losses in their first weeks and im amazed and excited. But for months i've been doing slimming world and dabbled a bit in slimfast too and lost little-nothing. i havent lost any weight since beginning of Febuary just gained and STS despite being 100% on track and no cheats :(

So im really worried im going to take the plunge with CD & make a huge effort with SS and it will just be the same and i'll loose very little or nothing :cry:

Secondly, i have been looking at thin photos of myself for some inspiration and although i looked TINY i remember feeling fat and ugly even then, i'd hate to loose all my weight and be back to that size and still have a 'fat head' on and still see myself as 'big'

Does anyone know what i mean?

Sorry my post sounds really glum, im not at all really:D it was just whirring away in mind mind before i went to sleep last night:nightf:

I do understand what you mean, although I'm really not good at giving advice ~ but very good at listening.

I don't know what to say about SS. I can't imagine that you're not going to lose on it but I do understand your thought process.

Before I had my first WI today I was worried that I wouldn't have a loss. I kept thinking that I'm going through hell by not eating and if I don't have a loss I'd have wasted time, money and energy.
But it's all turned out well and I'm very happy with the loss that I have had.

Why not try it for a week or two and see what happens and how you feel?

I'm sure that someone else will be along in a moment and will say something more suitable.

Thanks Gem :)

if im 100% on track and no cheats i HAVE to have a loss right?! i know im being silly. just hope im doing the right thing...

Well ~ yes, I would have thought so.
SS is a super low calorie diet, so yes, I can't see how you can't lose weight really.
You have nothing to lose by trying except lbs and inches.:D

You are doing fine and just stay focused, drink the water and the losses will happen. However remember after about 3 weeks, for me anyway, I hit a plateau, then after a week of STS it budges.

You can both do this ladies and will. You want to loose, key to keeping it off and enjoying it is stepping up the plans when you reach goal or get near goal and to be in a good frame of mind to enjoy it and be positive otherwise you will either become complacent or self destructive.

Start doing things now whilst your loosing to get into healthy habits which you can continue with once at goal; yoga (will help with both the mind and the toning), walking, swimming

Hope I've helped

Bren
X

Unfortunately I do know what you mean.. I had a 'fat head' due to low self esteem in my late teens. I think it's common for people getting to goal - I think with time and clothes size as a reminder that your brain (I hope it's the case) will finally figure out that you're different. :)

As for not being sure of losing weight.. CD takes you into Ketosis and that in it's fact switches the body to burn fat.. there is nothing the body can do about it! Honestly, I believe if you are 100% you WILL lose weight.. the calories are so much lower on CD than on any other diet and along with Ketosis it works magical things! :D

I am not successful on SW or WW and never have been. ((Hugs))
Well done for sticking it that long.

Look forward to celebrating with you on your first WI and the losses it brings :)

Firstly, i look at everyone elses losses in their first weeks and im amazed and excited. But for months i've been doing slimming world and dabbled a bit in slimfast too and lost little-nothing. i havent lost any weight since beginning of Febuary just gained and STS despite being 100% on track and no cheats :(

So im really worried im going to take the plunge with CD & make a huge effort with SS and it will just be the same and i'll loose very little or nothing :cry:

I felt exactly the same. Had done years of the 'traditional' diets, and in the end...I dunno...just either didn't seem to work, or I couldn't make them work....whatever. It was just 'doing my head in!' as they say.

I felt sure I would be the only one on earth that wouldn't lose with Cambridge.

8 stone down....that'll do ;)

If you really are sticking to your diet without cheating and you aren't losing weight, it might be worth a trip to your doctor's office to see if you have some sort of problem that interferes with losing weight.

As for feeling fat, even when you aren't, I think that's a common problem, especially among women. I know when I was at my most fit -- 118 lbs and very involved in school sports -- I still saw myself as hugely fat. Perhaps the best thing you can do there is to look at thin pictures of yourself and maybe seek some counseling so you can develop a more realistic body image.

i'm currently having the same fears. i am so worried that at my first weigh in on monday (assuming i get through the weekend) i will not have lost any weight, a bit like SW and WW when i tried those. I know i'm on SS 100% so i should have lost a fair amount but its always there in the back of my head.

I had the same thought too about losing weight, i remember feeling fat when i was a size 10 which is stupid but if people tell you your podgy enough you start to believe it.

Anyway a few years ago i lost a couple of stone in one go and felt fabulous so i'm fairly sure i will again.

wow, thank you all so much for the replies and the reassurance. i have never tried anything like this before so i guess i only have my previous dieting experience to draw on. roll on first WI and ill be completely converted!!

If you really are sticking to your diet without cheating and you aren't losing weight, it might be worth a trip to your doctor's office to see if you have some sort of problem that interferes with losing weight.

i tried with my GP and he wasnt interested, brushed me off with, oh you have just had a baby, might be your hormones etc etc

my slimming world consultant viewed my food diaries every week and was convinved i wasnt loosing because i wasnt eating enough. i ate as much as i possibley could though..
im not an over eater by any stretch. i got to this size through circumstances really...an extremely difficult pregnancy with lots of complications, being unable to work or exercise. it all added up anyway.

Thanks again for all the replies. thats a couple of things to cross off my worry list!!

((Hugs)) you are lighter than I am.. and I've lost 2 stone!! And have kept 2 stone off before that (so really have lost 4 stone in the last few years)... don't feel that you are 'this size'... I know it'll be heavy for you, but you don't have that far to goal ((Hugs))
Good luck for the 10th.. have a nosey for the 'start SS the right way' thread.. it leads you into it by restricting carb intake - will make your first week much easier ;)

Secondly, i have been looking at thin photos of myself for some inspiration and although i looked TINY i remember feeling fat and ugly even then, i'd hate to loose all my weight and be back to that size and still have a 'fat head' on and still see myself as 'big'

Does anyone know what i mean?

Sorry my post sounds really glum, im not at all really:D it was just whirring away in mind mind before i went to sleep last night:nightf:

Yeah defintely - i remeber i lost small bits with other diets - but having done cambridge already i assure you the losses are fantastic - but the losses do range!

Put your trust in the diet - follow it 100% and no cheating - otherwise you wont see great reasults unlike thse that cheat every week as i used too and got poop results!

I remeber being a size 12 at school and was called fat and felt it - i wish i could go back 10 years and tell myself how fab i looked and that lads were shallow arses!

Back