worried

Smirky

Gold Member
Hi folks wondering if you can help me please, in September i had some food get stuck in my throat and wouldn't budge, after a few weeks of feeling someting constantly stuck in my throat (but goes away when eating) i went to the doctor who basically didn't help, said to gargle with salt water and to go back if nothing changed, well ofc nothing did! i went on hols in october i ate loads! like sweet foods and whole lot! ... two days before coming home my stomach was hurting shooting pains and had a bruised to touch feeling, Went back to the doctors, with the stomach they said it may be a touch of IBS gave me some tablets to cope with cramping and that was that, for the throat which was still playing up (ive always had lumps all down the left side which have scared me, but apparently normal??) the doc gave me a throat spray and some antibiotics and said inside looked sore and raw and that my tonsil seems to have eroded???? never heard of this before! i should mention my throat doesnt hurt in a sore throat way i just have a lot of mucus so im constantly swallowing and feels like i have a huge ball just stuck at the side of my throat/neck, also got pressure on my chest?? the doc has given me acid reflux tablets before but they have now run out so i dont know what to do tbh??

im so down and fed up, to top that off, in sept 09 i started WW and got to 11st 8lbs (5stone off) and maintain through to aug 2011, however since august ive put on 1stone!!! :( im so gutted!!! is this normal?? to put on the weight so quickly?? ive tried to diet and people at my work are doing WW but the weight seems to have been going up instead?? :(

so now ive got a lump in throat, stomach still feels bruised, very bloated and im a stone heavier so my jeans dont fit im leaving out of joggers n leggings :( totally down and gutted!

sorry for rant but any help would be amazing!!!! really dont wanna go back to docs as im fed up of em now :cry:

I would go back to docs and tell him nothing has worked and ask him for Xray. Good luck xx

You poor thing (((hugs))), if it was me i would see a different doctor and demand to have an gastroscopy a camera to have a look and see what is going on. Something obviously is and as health professionals they should be doing something about it. All the things they have tried hasn't had any effect, so time to move on to the option. Also with the chest & stomach pain, and bloatedness and weight gain i really would be asking for a second opinion hun x x

Deffo ask for a second opinion. Your health is your wealth xxxx Best of luck xx

Back