Worried

I used to get people saying it was a fad diet, and as soon as I stopped it I would put back on all the weight and more.
That has just made me more determined to prove them wrong and keep the weight off for good ! (I am a stubborn cow!) ;-)

Good luck with the rest of your journey - I am sure it will fly by (mine did).

Libs xxx

hey i have also bin bit worried but i no i cant go and eat how i did b4 because i never want to be obese again good luck

Libellule, thats is fantastic, im so glad you have shared this with you, has put my mind at ease and made me realise it can be done, i just didnt want to have to miss out on yummy food forever, love my indian takeaways too much and was worried in case i couldnt even have one once every couple months or so lol xxx

Hey guys...

I was soooooo worried about gaining weight when I came off CD....but it hasn't happened.

As I moved up the plans, I still continued to lose weight. Now I am maintaining at 9st5lb (5 lb below my initial target weight). I eat a healthy balanced diet e.g Cereal with skimmed milk for breakfast. I take Salad, fruit and a cereal bar for lunch at work. Then something like fish or chicken with a Baked Potato and veg for dinner.

I do allow myself occasional treats (Wagon Wheels are my current favourite !), and I will also go out for a meal with friends and have what I fancy ! At first, I wouldn't - but now I know that an occasional nice meal out or a few treats will not make me pile the weight back on !

My weight gain before doing CD was due to consuming too much wine on a regular basis, and also huge portion sizes.

CD really gave me the time and the opportunity to address these issues, and I will not allow myself to go back to those bad old habits.

Hope this has helped ease your minds slightly...

Libs
Oh thankyou Libs, this is great to hear. I'm sure my weight gain has been for the same reasons. You are really encouraging! And ...I've just noticed we have the same statistics - Just hope I have the same success as you have!

Last edited:
Here, here- great to hear. I too am a wine demon, but I hardly ever think about it any more, and my OH has got used to going without on a normal night at home, so I'm hopeful that a habit has been broken. I was a proper trencherman too, eating as much as my OH every night- I don't think I could manage it now!

Thanks for the reassurance, Libs!

What's that old saying... "a little of what you fancy does you good" ?

Think this is soooooooooo true ! I really appreciate going out for a nice meal now, or having a chocolate treat...before I started CD I would not have given it a second thought !

Letty - know what you mean about not thinking about the wine anymore... I used to drive home and be thinking about having a nice large glass of Pinot Grigio when I got in... now I have a nice cuppa instead ! I have actually really gone off wine (maybe it is psychological as I know that was one of my reasons for massive weight gain?). When I go out now I tend to stick to Gin and Slimline tonic - around 56 calories for a single measure !

Hope you all have a good bank holiday weekend !

Let's all keep up the good work !

Libs x

Yep, a cuppa is definitely my comfort of choice these days! I have also got really used to driving to things when I go out, rather than grappling with taxis and night buses and it is quite addictive, I must say. It may not be friendly to the environment, but it is definitely friendly to the waistline as it removes the temptation to drink, means I can drop in and out of social occasions as I please and wear massive high heels with no fear of the midnight sore-feet-stumble!

Back