would you join class with half stone to lose?

debtin

Gold Member
Evening everyone, i am putting this out to get some opinions as I am starting to question my decision to re join class.
I am almost 5ft and currently weigh 8st 6lb 3/4 and would like to reach 8st.
I joined class April last year and with clothes and time of day being different I was almost ten pound heavier than I am now. I never felt comfortable at class as consultant felt distant and even tho I was within the weight range to lose weight I felt as tho she thought I didn't need to lose weight. Without using her as an excuse I left class due to financial and time reasons and not having anyone to look after my son meant I couldn't stay for image therapy.
I have been on and off plan and playing about I guess but as you can see, with effort it has came off slowly. Eating and drinking far too much hasn't helped speed it up.
Anyway I digress...the money off voucher in Bella came along just as I was thinking of going back to class. Thought I could do with new books and access to online for fresh ideas etc but I now feel nervous about going since my goal is half stone. I know I am not over weight but personally I want to lose this half stone but comments about not needing to lose weight or your tiny etc are makin me feel nervous.
I can't afford the three month joining fee to do it online but would like a kick start. Do I just bite the bullet and go?

Just go for it! I have ten stone to lose and that is affecting my life. You have half a stone to lose and that is affecting your life. It's a personal journey no matter what the actual numbers say. We are all in the same boat, and losing weight is hard no matter how much we have to lose.

Good luck!

It's a difficult one to be honest, people at my group have joined with only 7lbs to loose before and I don't see anything wrong with it. But I've also heard at other groups people having comments about not having much to loose ect. In fact when I showed my before picture, someone did say it was good to see it as they did wonder why some people were there (so obviously although they hadn't said they did think I shouldn't really be there)

However stuff what other people think, go for it. Maybe when your introduced explain that you have done it on your own and are just looking for some motivation for the last few lbs. You have just as much right to be there as anyone else

I don't have much to lose which I'm constantly reminded of at group which pisses me off its not like they'd say to eople 'you have 5 stone to lose, you have a a lot to lose' so why comment on how much i have?
But anyways you need to think about your bmi, where a bouts are you on the bmi chart? what size are you in clothes etc? Sometimes i have to remind myself when I get to target even if Im not happy I shouldn't go any further to a range where its deemed unhealthy.

Plus am sure the C will be happy to have you there as its a business. If people say things it's their own problem you may have really good ideas and contributions for image therapy. With saying that am not sure what the lower limit for weight loss is so you would need to check. Perhaps give the C a call or text to check it out.

Thank you everyone. I do think I will go for the boost especially. I wasn't nervous or apprehensive last time so will try to just bite the bullet. I did think that for all anyone knows I could have lost weight and was looking for a boost.
I really do get why folk would think I shouldn't be there but I gained three stone in pregnancy and have never really felt myself since then.
Does bmi figures really count? Was speaking to someone who was questioning the charts as you could have two people who both weigh the same and same height but one eats badly, doesn't excercise etc whilst other one is really healthy and fit yet the chart would give them both the same outcome?
Your opinions and response means a lot...will let you know how I get on thanks ;)

I do think BMI is very funny, but in a way we get the best end of the stick, yes we have to watch what we eat more to stay slim and have a ''healthy'' BMI but we know that we're healthy by doing that, whereas someone else with a ''healthy'' BMI might eat a load of rubbish but they won't actually be healthy.

I'd say BMI is a rough guide, I wouldn't aim for a target which made me 'underweight', it is about ultimately being happy in your skin but some people are never happy.
At my lowest I was 9 stone and then I was tryna get down to 8 stone, now at 10 stone I look back at the photos of me 9 stone and say what the hell thats a perfect weight why did i wanna lose a stone more! Now I've made my target 9st7 I know at this weight when i reach it i will have to work on confidence and knowing I'm thin. At my highest I was 14 stone and its weird because sometimes i feel i was just as body conscious then as I am now, so my weight issues is mainly mental which I have to tackle.

Debtin, I am the same height as you and used to weigh 8 stone. When I joined class I weighed nearly 16 stone - oh how I wish I had nipped it in the bud when I only had half a stone to lose. Don`t feel awkward you are doing the sensible thing by joining now. Although it can sound catty when someone says you don`t need to lose weight, try to look at it as a compliment that they obviously think you look good and are maybe a wee bit envious.

Thanks everyone honestly appreciate it. Don't think I will get to join class this week but decided to go for it. I know I will be heavier at official wi than I am now as I weigh first thing but that's fine and all your encouragement has helped massively x

It's not just a slimming class its about being healthier and happier.
Maybe you should try different groups?

6 weeks to Ibiza. SW all the way!

I definitely think you should join if you think the class will help you. So what if you only have 7lbs to target? Everyone will be in the same position as you eventually if they stick to plan - 7lbs away from target! There is no suggestion then that they should stop going because they have too little to lose :D

Back