Wow am i fat again

chele80

On a mission
So the scales tell me a 10lb weight gain from my ten days of Xmas feasting. My clothes told me it was a stone so 10lbs isn't good but isn't as bad as I was expecting.

Day 1 back on SS and I feel so fat and frumpy. And almost 3 stone less than I was before I have to ask myself again- how did I get so fat when I feel super fat from a 10lb weight gain.

I'm so glad to be back on CD again and this time I can see the final goal ahead of me!!

Just really saying hello to you all again xx

hi

i think that i put on bout 5-7lbs in my 9 days of overindulging and drinking. i also feel huge. the good thing is that as fast as it came on it should come off again. i found that i couldn't eat as much as i have done in previous years. although evenings are my worst times and i ate loads then i think it was still better.

me too .. the scales are telling me 10 lb too but I have my birthday tomorrow and then new year so back on SS+ on the 1st of jan !! I too feel really fat and frumpy , even though I know I am 7 stone lighter than when I started !!!! well done getting back on track , and will be joining you there soon xx

I feel exactly the same!!!
I feel like I'm right back at square one when in reality I'm nowhere near. In my mind all my bones have disappeared again, my face has bloated and I look pregnant...

nobody can even tell the difference, the mind is a funny ol thing x

Noones said anything but I just asked my husband and he says my face has filled out a bit :(

Still, I've lost 2.6lbs overnight so made a good start! 9 more days til I see my CDC and hopefully be back at 13 stone 13

I'm back in the 13s as of this morning so hoping to be back at 13st 3lbs for when I see my cdc in 11 days.

We can do it :D x

jools1986 said:
I'm back in the 13s as of this morning so hoping to be back at 13st 3lbs for when I see my cdc in 11 days.

We can do it :D x

Ooo yes, let's motivate each other. I'm 5lbs heavier on her scales so 14 stone 1.4 on home this morning so we're about the same weight. I see mine next Saturday 8th so let me know how you get on!x

i put on 5lbs but my cdc isnt back until the 11th. she did think that Id at least maintain my weight in that time as I reduced my packs due to financial constraints but I aim to surprise her. I've lost 3 of the 5 lbs i put on in 24 hours - this is why i love CD!
You know, the food I ate over christmas made me feel bloaty and sicky but I guess thats down to gorging, simply because I allowed myself to!
Ive been trying on old clothes and they fit but by god, I havent half put the weight on in my face......so im back on plan and going for it. Hope we can motivate each other xx

Hi Ladies,

I started ssing two days ago (I'm on day 3). I decided to wait and weigh myself after the first few days -- as water/glycogen loss can be misleading. I thought I get a start weight once the water/and fat stores were gone and then I'd know my "body fat losses" ;).

I have been off and on -- mostly off for the whole of this year. I had reach my goal weight in 2008 -- stayed there for about six months -- then started creeping back up (when is stopped exercising regularly at least 3x a week).

Anyway, I am fat again -- overweight and creeping up on obese. It is time to commit and Do This Thing -- and then keep doing it.

I hope that we all have a Happy and Healthy New Year!

MinnieMel

I love the thread title, that is so me - literally. You've all done so well over Christmas, with only relatively small gains, it is inspiring me to get going. Good luck everyone! :)

Fab thread! feel exactly the same. According to my scales I've put on 10lbs in just over a week. Hardley surprising though the amount of food I've chowed down on. I too feel that I've undone all my hard work and am thoroughly P***** Off. In reality though it should only take a week or two to get off ( if i can get my head inthe right place!). Why do we do this to ourselves???????

I am the same as you lot.After loosing 2 st over the last five weeks only having Xmas dinner out me on around 5 lb over.I can belive it.This only make me think if I am going to be ssing for up to six months to get to my goal weight and then just eating normal for a month i gonna make me put it all back again.I really wanna be thin but I am really scare that is gonna be really easy putting it all back again.I love CD but I also hope that this is a good solucion and doesn't make us to be hoock to it forever.I have been ssing all week ansd so far only 2lb off.

hey Mummy of 2, you know I think many who do change thier eating habits do really well on maintenance, so I don't think we'll be in hock to CD for ever, but here in US I was speaking to a distributor and she was saying all her family, even those who are not over weight sometimes have it as a nutritional drink or sometimes as a milky drink instead of commercial milk shakes. Seems Like a great idea. I might for a while,even when I hit goal, have Cd around, as a meal replacement.

Bella

I agree with you all - I've put on 10lbs during December, and it feels like LOADS - I am utterly horrified to have broken the 12st barrier - I'm not 12st 1lb and at the end of November I had just reached 11st 5lbs.

I've restarted SS today - I'm psyching myself up for a tough first week, but am very optimistic that I'll have a fab loss in the first week as I put on 6lbs of the 10lbs in the last 10 days so am sure most of it must be water weight.

How DID I end up at over 15 stone before?!

Thanks bellefrogette,I just saw such I big number on the scale that it horrofied me and to be honest I really dont wanna be dieting my whole live,I do know that maintenace will have me having to watch what I eat and even I think that the nutritional shake when reaching goal is a great idea.Just been on the plan for 6 weeks I have notice that even if I tried I couldn't eat as before so I belive that is a good thing.

Mumof2, I know what you are saying, the dieting and weight loss merry go round can do ones head in, but I honestly think when we get to goal so long as we do not go bonkers and think its all over and are as careful on maintainance as we begin re eating it will be ok. I think CD will be part of my nutrition for a long time and sometimes it will be there if I find I have over eaten, as a way to catch thing before they get too serious. 2011 is the last year I want to be messing with weight loss.

I put on 10lbs over xmas, but have lost 6lbs of it in two days SS, when I say SS, expensive as it sounds..... because of eating so much my stomach stretched and as everyone knows the first five days of CD can be hard, I had 7packs:eek:on day 1, 7packs:eek:(yesterday)day2, 5packs:eek:(day3)today, 4packs(day4)tomorrow, then three packs thereafter!
Its an expensive way to get going but it seems to get me back onto three packs without feeling I'm starving!

I put on 10lbs over xmas, but have lost 6lbs of it in two days SS, when I say SS, expensive as it sounds..... because of eating so much my stomach stretched and as everyone knows the first five days of CD can be hard, I had 7packs:eek:on day 1, 7packs:eek:(yesterday)day2, 5packs:eek:(day3)today, 4packs(day4)tomorrow, then three packs thereafter!
Its an expensive way to get going but it seems to get me back onto three packs without feeling I'm starving!

I never thought about doing it like that... but it makes sense. You might be consuming more calories but it should still help you get into ketosis and then cutting down on quantity would be easier, plus (hopefully) you have managed to up your water intake in those first few days and that should help.

MinnieMel

7 packs is still under 1000cals I think :)

water uptake up, I bought some bottled water and have been drinking black tea :)
Its a way that works for me, I've had five packets today but already feel ready to have just three tomorrow, will aim for three but allow four in necessary :)

Hi AOGG --

I just noticed we have the same goal weight -- but you are two inches taller. I think !33 give me a BMI of 22.5 -- right in middle -- but if I were younger I would go lower, too.

I drink Ginger Tea -- it does not seem to hurt my getting into ketosis and it has sweet taste (and no caffine).

MinnieMel

Last edited:
Back