wrinkly eyes - nightmare !!!!

kellythepeg

Silver Member
Hello everyone!!

I was really looking for a little bit of help really - I'm 23 and over the last year and a half have really started to notice the fine lines/wrinkles that have appeared under (not crows feet) my eyes. I've found it increasingly difficult to wear makeup under my eyes (I am keen on very nice(expensive!) makeup!) as my foundation just clogs in the lines and it's something that is really, really starting to get me down. I hate looking in the mirror for lots of reasons so could do without hating even looking at my face up close! There is just 2 or 3 lines under my eyes that are quite prominent (I don't have any other lines of wrinkles anywhere - ooh, except for a couple I have noticed emerging in between my eyebrows!!!!) and I was wondering if anyone could suggest any wrinkle creams/line creams/general face creams/eye creams that you've used and have worked? Its nothing to do with the type of foundation I use being rubbish as genuinely do only use very,very nice makeup (with the less good stuff it's a hell of a lot worse!!!!!yikes!!)

Help please - I really want to stop them getting any worse and they're already so so bad :( xx

I use Avon's Anew eye cream (& love it), it has one cream for under the eyes & one for your eyelids. I think it's really a case of trial & error.

I'm sure I saw in Boots recently a primer for under foundation & that was supposed to give your skin a smooth finish, would that work until you get the fine lines sorted?

I have to say Urban Decay's Primer Potion is the best product I have ever bought in my life, make-up wise. Honestly. It's a bit on the expensive side, but totally worth it. Your make-up is going NOWHERE!

When I met OH I was 21. He said he knew I'd be good fun because I had laughter lines :eek:. I still have them, they don't worry me, it's the hairs on my chin that worry me! Oh I'm 61.

I think also you can become fixated on one thing and they aren't actually as bad as you think.
Apart from a frown crease between my eyebrows I quite like my lines as they're happy lines, but I'm 42 and only just in the last five years got any lines thanks to my Mums side of the family who have amazing skin, my sister is 53 and has hardly a line!

Prevention is better than cure so remember...SPF15 or preferably more. Good sunglasses and regular eye tests to anoint squinting and ideally a hat in strong sunlight.

Back