WW and Alli (orlistat)

Discussion in 'Weight Watchers' started by missg, 18 April 2009 Social URL.

1. missg

missg Full Member

Start Weight:
    12st6lb
    Current Weight:
    12st4lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st12lb
    Lost(%):
    0st2lb(1.15%)
    Diet:
    Weight Watchers
    Evening everyone,

I have just ordered a months supply of Alli, the new over the counter version of Xenical (orlistat).

I am just wondering if anyone has tried using either alli or xenical with the WW plan???

I know that if you eat too much fat there can be some rather nasty side effects.

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. Starlight

Starlight Gold Member

Diet:
    Weight Watchers
    I used it for months and it didnt work at all. Primarily because I was following WW to the letter and therefore my diet was low fat and there was nothing for it to work with.

If youre wanting help staying on the plan, the threat of side effects will definitely keep you on the straight and narrow. But youll find any weight loss you do have will be from eating sensibly.

4. missg

missg Full Member

Start Weight:
    12st6lb
    Current Weight:
    12st4lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st12lb
    Lost(%):
    0st2lb(1.15%)
    Diet:
    Weight Watchers
    cheers, will give it a go for a month see if anything happens, but i think you may be right, the threat of side effects may be just what i need to keep me on the straight and narrow!!!

5. Madferret

Madferret Mad as a Hatter

Start Weight:
    12st10lb
    Current Weight:
    12st10lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    Dukan
    Hiya - I'm interested to see how you are getting on the Orlistat...

Tracy

6. sona1980

sona1980 Gold Member

Start Weight:
    15st5.2lb
    Current Weight:
    14st9lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st3.3lb
    Lost(%):
    0st10.2lb(4.74%)
    Diet:
    All of them!
    Hi,

I took these for a month and it made no diff to me... for 1st two weeks i was eating too few points on WW so way too few fat grams for pills to work and was constipated (tmi). 2dn 2 weeks i upped my points to 22 (full amount) and upped my calories and fat intake as advised to make the pills "work". I lost 3lbs , 2 of which are back! so the pills all in all did nothing!

Like sandy said its the sensible eating that helps and exercise. The side effects if you get them are not v nice. apparently if u eat too much fat ... u leak it out ur body! eeww I never had that problem as i wasnt eating too much fat! and then my tablets ran out!

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.