WW and SW

oasis6918

Gold Member
I have been doing Slimming world for a few months now with a little break in between, and iv lost 22lb but im starting to struggle with the diet itself so I would like to start WW. Im wondering how hard WW is to pick up when I have been doing SW. I plan to do weight watchers online. Any advice would be appreciated :)

Hi Oasis :) You don't seem to be the only one wanting to make the change, have a look back through the ww forum and there's lots of ww or sw threads.

It does take a week or two to get used to points but its worth it. My advice is to plan your day in advance, breakfast lunch dinner and snacks. Also to point your food accurately you'll need to get your kitchen scales out and find them a place to live on your counter top, I weigh everything because its the only way to know you're portions are what you're pointing them at. According to a lot of people ww online is wonderful and there's a free app which is really useful. Plus every one on here is super helpful and super supportive. So any questions you have fire away!

Keep us posted :)

Thank you, im dreading it but have got 2 weddings to go to in 3 weeks and want to lose as much as possible before then :) not to mention my wedding in November x

I've recently made the move from SW to WW, and I have to say I'm loving it.

Yes it does take a little while to get used to pointing everything, and there are occasions where I feel a little more hungry than I would have on SW, but I think thats because I was eating a lot(and I mean loads) of pasta and rice on SW.

Plus its easier to deal with feeling a little hungry when you know that you can have a treat of whatever you like when you do eat. I was missing a lot of my favourite foods on SW and now I can have everything in moderation.

Having ready meals etc can be handy to. I don't eat them all the time, but I like the convenience of being able to throw one into the microwave if I've been working late, and know exactly what points they are. They're not very big, but they're easily bulked out with veg!

I do it all online to ( I was doing SW online as well ) and find the site easy to use.

Go for it, you'll never look back!

The comments are a great help. I really appreciate the advice. Im defo going to give it ago and keep my fingers crossed. I read on here that the losses arent as great as sw but two friends do ww and they do amazing, I know its different for each person so surely it just depends on your size and ability to stick to the diet x

I have swapped over, too. Been doing WW for about 10 days now and I am definitely finding it easier to stick to. I was starting to cheat a fair amount on SW so my losses really started to slow down. I really couldn't motivate myself to 100% optimise anymore so I decided to swap to WW and I am so pleased I did!

I will almost certainly get sick of points too and enjoy a swap back to SW in the future. My plan is to just switch and swap diets whenever I get bored.

Back