WW buys at Costco?!

WhitePigeon

Silver Member
Hi all,

I've never been to a Costco before but have recently been given a card to join. I'm going to go for a shop after payday on Saturday and just wondered if anyone has any hints or tips re. WW food purchases from Costco, and also any heads up on non-foodie bargains/awesome products? I feel that there's a strong possibility I'm going to just want to buy LOTS, and really, there's no need as it's only twenty minutes away.

Thanks in anticipation! :)

Last edited:
Hi all,

I've never been to a Costco before but have recently been given a card to join. I'm going to go for a shop after payday on Saturday and just wondered if anyone has any hints or tips re. WW food purchases from Costco, and also any heads up on non-foodie bargains/awesome products? I feel that there's a strong possibility I'm going to just want to buy LOTS, and really, there's no need as it's only twenty minutes away.

Thanks in anticipation! :)

I'd LOVE a Costco Card, jealous.com! I have no idea what I'd buy but it just sounds fun in there lol x

I'm going there today. It's a good place but my Mum says it helps if you are aware of the prices you usually pay for stuff so you can check if they're any more competitive. Saying that we get simple face wipes as they are cheaper, so are the toilet and kitchen rolls. If you like fizzy drink they do good prices on cans too.

I get my washing powder etc from there. Now you've joined you'll get sent an offers booklet every now and then. Keep an eye out for the offers. Oh, and with xmas coming that place turns into santas grotto. Big xmas deccies and toys everywhere!

I <3 COSTCO!!! Seriously it's the best! Fiance and I did a shop then compared everything with Tesco... and had saved about £50 :) With just the two of us (and the cat) we can't buy much fresh stuff otherwise its wasted but we buy meats, cheese, frozen stuff, toilet rolls, cleaning products cos the savings are fab! IF only they did WW food, I'd be there every week (our nearest one is about 30mins drive!).

Tbh, best thing is to just take the app or calculator with you and check when your there. Some food you will KNOW isnt very good for you (eg the HUGE pack of 6 cupcakes they do for £4) so just be vigilant! But for example a pack of 22 satay sticks is great value and low in pp!! Or if you love grapes as much as me, they do a 1.5kg box for less than £2! My problem is my other half doesnt eat fresh fruit and veg so unless i know i'll eat it within the week then it'll just go to waste!

Can't wait to see it kitted out for xmas either!! xx

I <3 COSTCO!!! Seriously it's the best! Fiance and I did a shop then compared everything with Tesco... and had saved about £50 :) With just the two of us (and the cat) we can't buy much fresh stuff otherwise its wasted but we buy meats, cheese, frozen stuff, toilet rolls, cleaning products cos the savings are fab! IF only they did WW food, I'd be there every week (our nearest one is about 30mins drive!).

Tbh, best thing is to just take the app or calculator with you and check when your there. Some food you will KNOW isnt very good for you (eg the HUGE pack of 6 cupcakes they do for £4) so just be vigilant! But for example a pack of 22 satay sticks is great value and low in pp!! Or if you love grapes as much as me, they do a 1.5kg box for less than £2! My problem is my other half doesnt eat fresh fruit and veg so unless i know i'll eat it within the week then it'll just go to waste!

Can't wait to see it kitted out for xmas either!! xx

I lost focus when u mentioned Cupcakes but I'm back now ;-) Costco sounds so amazing, I want to go so badly! X Will u freeze some of your grapes for 'boiled sweets' ? X

Ooh never tried that but think I will :) sounds lovely!

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Ooh never tried that but think I will :) sounds lovely!

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Hope u enjoy it :) I recommended it to someone else on here and they really liked it! X

Costco is my magic kingdom.

The Kirkland oil spray is brilliant. Much better than the frylight stuff. Their 0% Greek yogurt is creamier than Total but half the price (about £2.80 for a kilo). They do a Kirkland Pasta Sauce which must be low (I am just switching over from SW and haven't had a chance to point it yet but it is all tomato and no oil). When I was there the other week I got a tub of Ainslet Harriett Cous Cous which worked out much cheaper than the sachets and comes with a measuring scoop. Canderel tablets are also a very good buy.

Other good buys we always get are teabags, cokes, diet cokes, razor blades, sugar, laundry powder and conditioner, dishwasher tablets, toilet cleaner. loo rolls, kitchen rolls - these are the things which we find are less even when on special offer in the supermarket.

There are also lots of non edible treats like clothes, books, exercise equipment and smellies. Just don't get carried away and bankrupt yourself!

Back