WW Magazine

Busybee

Silver Member
Have any of you read the WW magazine this month - there is a lady in there that has lost 11 stone, same age as me so I could relate. I don't have as much weight to lose but I could understand her struggle and I must say she made me smile with her story. Some days when head hunger is in your life, it is good to know your struggle isn't just happening to you. A real inspiration, propably never meet her in my life but I really felt like she was a friend.
Sorry, very random but just wanted to share.....

I feel like this about all success stories. To see what others have achieved gives me the courage and determination to stay focused on my goals. The fact that I am certainly not the fattest person in the world trying to lose weight and others with far bigger challenges have succeeded convinces me every day that I can do this.

Think I'll grab a copy of this months edition just to read that story now. Thanks Busy!

I must have a look at that. Its great to hear a story of someone whos lost so much, usually their cover stories etc are people whove lost 2 stone or something.

What Id LOVE to see with one of their success stories is someone who admits to eating take aways, chocolate and crisps and doesnt have their 'now' menu as tons of veggies and fish etc :giggle:

Here here starlight! Maybe when I have lost 9 stone I'll get my story in there and I'll tell them just that! :D

Now thats an edition Id really buy ;) It annoys me when part of what WW promotes is the whole 'you can eat what you want' angle yet on the success stories in the mags, everyone gives up the junk food and stock piles veggies, fish, chicken etc.... c'mon at least be honest - we KNOW you eat the odd takeaway and bar of choccie. I think highlighting that you CAN have these things but still lose fantastic amounts of weight would be even more inspirational to people

have to admitt, takeaways are the one thing i dont generally eat anyway so it wasnt a hardship giving them up as it were. takeaways are so pricey these days

Great idea Starlight. I'm sure not everyone who loses weight turns into a paragon of virtue and eats healthily all the time - although maybe they do and thats why I've never managed to maintain in the past!

Here here starlight! Maybe when I have lost 9 stone I'll get my story in there and I'll tell them just that! :D

Actually Gerry, you should, there are are never enough men stories and it is interesting to see another perspective. Contact them when you feel ready and get in there.....maybe even the cover story :D

Starlight you are right, lets be honest about our downsides as well as the up. It makes us real, there are times of slippage and we must embrace as well as the " I have eaten so well this week" because these moments are what make us stronger.
I can't eat Fish & Chips anymore, one cos I am on WW but the price of a fish supper is stupid. My hubby had one a couple of weeks ago unbeknown to me, thank God - love the smell of freshly cooked chips, hot with salt and vinegar on them ----sorry slobered on the keyboard......the price was £5.90 - nearly fell over

Back