Extra Easy Days ww or sw??

busybee123

I did Ww a year or so ago and always lost weight but was quite often hungry.

I've never tried the new pro points.

My loses have never been as good on sw. Has anyone else felt the same?

Trying to decide whether or not to persevere with sw or have a change.

are you loosing weight? is it just that your weight losses are slower?

WW is a diet, i lost good weight on it but as soon as i was happy with myself i stopped as i was sick of being hungry

SW is something I can see me sticking with long after I hit target which to me is alot more important then a quick fix

WW i easily lost 4-5lb a week amazing losses SW i loose 2-3lb

thats a stone every 14 weeks in a year you will loose 3 1/2 stone!

I know short term when you weigh each week its like omg what ive been so good but its 1lb

it might get easier when you have a good amount of those little lbs under your belt (or missing from your belt ;) ) you will feel better

Plus Idont know how much you hve to loose but the slower it can be better as it gives the body time to get used to it

This question comes up quite regularly and honestly there is no answer. Ask the question here and people will say they prefer SW. Ask the question on the WW board and they will say WW and probably give the same reasons!

Both plans work well if you follow them properly and you will lose similar amount on each. You have to choose the one that fits best with your lifestyle.

I lost 3 1/2 stone on WW Points and I managed to keep it off for 3 years until I met my "feeder" boyfriend. Ok, He's not a feeder but I like to blame him as I now eat what he eats and contentment blah blah. I went back to WW 1 week before it changed to ProPoints not knowing about the change.
I embraced the new plan and focussed 100%. Lost 4lbs first week, 2lbs after and 2 after that. Then, with the same eating habits, I put on 3lbs and I'd done nothing wrong. I cried but carried on as I was and gained again next week, and again. I completed a food diary and took it to my WW leader and she could see nothing wrong. I then lost all motivation and stopped going altogether. Fast forward 4 months or so and I thought about joining SW. Read all about it, asked friends and family. Then got asked by someone when my baby was due!!!!!! and here I am on SW. Only had one WI and although my first week was a little disappointing at 1.5lb off, I'm feeling really positive and am 100% on plan. Best of all, I'm not hungry, EVER. If I get peckish, I slice up a banana in a toffee mullerlight (banoffee right?) and I'm good to go.

Sorry, rambled a bit there. In short. Loved WW Points, HATE ProPoints, feeling really good about SW. I'm following EE as it's easier to understand and incorporate into family meal times.

I'm gonna kick some poundage this WI (Thursday) and then show everyone at work moaning about ProPoints that SW is totally where it's at. Incidentally, the people on PP's at work cannot believe what I'm eating whilst they pick at their lettuce and sip their 10 calorie soup! ;)

There really is no answer. You can only weigh up in your own mind what might suit YOU best.

So your losses are slower on sw, but if you find yourself more hungry with WW then i suppose it depends which one you have more perserverance with? the new propoints plan , i have to admit i think sounds really good. You may find you get on with it better. For me i always find that i'd like to be on ww for breakfast and lunch.. but come my evening meal i love sw for the simple fact that i love my big portions, i love not having to weigh and its easier for me. both plans have such great qualities and you have to find what suits you best. I dont think theres anything wrong with following a different plan for a couple of weeks every so often when you want a change. (easier said than done if you do groups)

for me i always come back to sw, my losses are no different on either plan ( though i tried the 'old' version of ww) ..and in the end im so used to sw, i think it'l always be for me... But thats not to say i wont deflect in a years time when i need somthing 'fresh' but atleast i have that option and so do you! youv done both plans so you are obviously 'in the know' enough to follow them properly when you choose too.

maybe worth planning a weeks eating for both plans and see what takes your fancy more. Before you know it youl be into the swing of things with either sw or ww and you'l be just fine. Sometimes just getting started is the hardest bit.

xxxx

Hi both plans are great and they both work ww exercises portion control where as with sw you eat until you feel satisfied but not stuffed:D if you stuggle to read the signs then maybe ww is the best one for you but then again if you buy yourself a seperate smaller plate its not a problem only you know your limits and good luck with what you choose let us know your choicex

I lost 4.5 stone with WW online last year (before ProPoints) and have lost 1.5 stone with SW classes this year. I think WW taught me the portion control I needed to be able to do Slimming World without becoming one of those women you hear about eating 8 jacket potatoes or a whole roast chicken in one sitting because they're a free food.

Some people I know prefer WW to Slimming World because there's nothing you *have* to eat, but I love fruit and veg and the prescribed healthy extras so it's no trouble for me, and I know that I'm getting enough calcium and fibre.

I know it's all changed now but one thing that was annoying about the old WW system was that you could only save a maximum of 4 points per day for a special event/weekend treat. I love that with Slimming World I can use them as I go on pastry/cream/olive oil/gravy but equally, I can stick to free foods all week and have 4 bottles of wine at the weekend and still be in my syns.

I think sw is the way forward for me still at least I'm still losing and I think I just need to work on portion control maybe.

I only want to lose a stone so I'm sure I will get there.

Thanks all for the excellent advice.

I've been wondering the same thing too. I've only been doing SW for 4 weeks, but have lost a total of a 1lb! Which, needless to say, I'm very disappointed about. I lost 2lb in the first week then the 3rd week I went away and had 3 days off plan - but was eating wisely (salads, pastas etc) but did have a few "treats" (chips, 1 dessert, ice cream, garlic bread). Weighed in when I got back and it had all gone back on! Weighed myself today and I've lost a total of a 1lb in 4 weeks! Totally gutted as I've totally followed the plan apart from the 3 days off.

I feel that if I had been doing WW for a month instead I would have lost a lot more. I used to cheat all the time on WW and still managed to lose 3.5 stone.

Really don't know what to do now as I do like the fact that you can eat good portions on SW, but it is a lot of effort and not willing to carry on if I'm not losing weight. Just wondering how long to give it?

I'm just planning meals for the week now as need shopping, and I'm thinking should I bother with all this hard work if I'm not losing weight?

But on the other hand, I really can't bear the thought of giving it up after dedicating so much time and energy on it for the last 4 weeks! Also can't stomach the thought of learning a new diet right now!

I think you may need to think about these points;

1. Would you prefer to restrict your portions or restrict variety? With WW you can eat anything at all but you're restricted on portions but on SW you're slightly restricted on variety but not on portions.

2. Do you see yourself counting points forever?

3. Do you have a family? I find that SW is a lot easier to cook for families, with WW weighing and measuring whilst cooking is a little stressful. Especially if you have a baby like I do!

4. Are you slimming for an event or looking to adopt a healthier lifestyle? WW, I think, requires more focus which is great in the short term but SW is basicall normal hearty family cooking with less oil and sugar. The fact that you're not counting makes it a lot easier to follow and more like intuitive eating as you're following your hunger cues rather than allocated points.

I've done both and I really can't tell you which I prefer lol. But I have to say that SW is more of a lifestyle plan which is more ideal for me especially when I consider raising my daughter with healthy eating habits. With both plans you can be as healthy or unhealthy as you like whilst still being technically "on plan" but the weighing of everything on WW is a big negative for me. Weight loss wise I lost exactly the same on both plans, roughly 1 - 2 pounds a week.

Good luck either way!

Last edited:
Back