WW to SW

samsmum1

Silver Member
Hi All! Am currently on WW but am sick of going to bed starving (I,m on the minimum pps)so was thinking of going back to SW.My losses on WW have been great when I stick to plan but I end up being so hungry at TOTM that i end up bingeing (usually on sweet stuff!).If I remember rightly my losses were much slower on SW ( half to one pound a week)but at least I wasn,t hungry! Has anyone else gone from one to the other and if so what (if any) was the difference in your weightloss?
Thanks a lot!:D
Sal x

Hiya hun

I tried weight watchers last year and like you I was on the minimum points and was starving!!!
I lost 3 to 4lbs a week doing the plan but I only lasted a month on it. I just couldn't do it anymore.

Now on Slimming world I lose anything from 0.5 to 2lbs a week at the most. Although the losses are much slower I prefer it as I can enjoy nice healthy and filling meals. There's no way I would have been able to stick to WW for the rest of my life but with SW I know I can.

good luck and let us know how you get on xxxx

1/2-1lb a week soon adds up and like you say, at least you won't be starving all the time. I've never done weight watchers but always hearing of people being hungry, so it kind of puts me off ever wanting to try it. i love slimming world and love the fact you don't have to measure and calorie count every meal. You can always try it and see how you go and if not, go back to weight watchers?x

Hey,
I'm starting back on sw in the morning after switching between ww and sw constantly (and a few other diet plans thrown in) but this time I'm going to stick with it.

I don't find I'm starving on ww because I have a lot more pp than the minimin but I do find I waste my pp on rubbish foods just because I can really. Plus counting absolutely everything I put in my mouth is making me obsess over food and constantly thinking about it which then makes me want to eat :( plus I have ocd which really doesn't help with this.

I'm hoping that this time I can manage more than a week on sw because when I do stick to it I have good losses but also find cooking for the whole family a lot easier without the constant adding of pp. Only thing is I find myself wanting to add up the pp to make sure I haven't gone over, need to stop this habit!

Don't get me wrong I think ww is a fab diet but just isn't working for me anymore. I'm hoping there are some lovely people out there that will give me a much needed talking to when I feel the need to switch as I know it will happen.

As far as losses are concerned I'm willing to take a slower loss if it means my world doesn't revolve around everything I put in my mouth and that I can relax around food abit more.

Good luck if you decide to switch :)

Dan x

Hi everyone, I'm restarting..... Again tomorrow after going between the two. I don't feel ww is a plan I can stick to for life.

I hope my heads in the right place.... I already feel a wobble with the silly thoughts of 'what if I can't do it or if I fail' etc. Stupid I know! I just know I've tried since Jan and only managed a couple of days.

I have been on here all day (much to oh and kids annoyance) I've read up on my books and I'm from old school as I'll be doing red or green days and I can't get my head round ee.

Done it before to get in my wedding dress. Two kids and five years later.... I need to start.... No excuses!

Good luck everyone x

Hey,
I'm starting back on sw in the morning after switching between ww and sw constantly (and a few other diet plans thrown in) but this time I'm going to stick with it.

I don't find I'm starving on ww because I have a lot more pp than the minimin but I do find I waste my pp on rubbish foods just because I can really. Plus counting absolutely everything I put in my mouth is making me obsess over food and constantly thinking about it which then makes me want to eat :( plus I have ocd which really doesn't help with this.

I'm hoping that this time I can manage more than a week on sw because when I do stick to it I have good losses but also find cooking for the whole family a lot easier without the constant adding of pp. Only thing is I find myself wanting to add up the pp to make sure I haven't gone over, need to stop this habit!

Don't get me wrong I think ww is a fab diet but just isn't working for me anymore. I'm hoping there are some lovely people out there that will give me a much needed talking to when I feel the need to switch as I know it will happen.

As far as losses are concerned I'm willing to take a slower loss if it means my world doesn't revolve around everything I put in my mouth and that I can relax around food abit more.

Good luck if you decide to switch :)

Dan x

Hi Dan Yep I know what you mean! I start off doing Ww the 'healthy' way ,then gradually the low point crap creeps in and before you know it your healthy food becomes replaced by junk like you say 'just because you can'! I tried Ww Filling and Healthy before it was changed and quite liked it but since they made brown rice and pasta obligatory and took out some of the other yogs and free soups it became unworkable.I find i,m leaning more towards SW as much for the health aspect as much as the weightloss one! My only problem is finding a class less than 2 buses away to fit round LO nursery!
Good luck matey!
Sal x

Hi everyone, I'm restarting..... Again tomorrow after going between the two. I don't feel ww is a plan I can stick to for life.

I hope my heads in the right place.... I already feel a wobble with the silly thoughts of 'what if I can't do it or if I fail' etc. Stupid I know! I just know I've tried since Jan and only managed a couple of days.

I have been on here all day (much to oh and kids annoyance) I've read up on my books and I'm from old school as I'll be doing red or green days and I can't get my head round ee.

Done it before to get in my wedding dress. Two kids and five years later.... I need to start.... No excuses!

Good luck everyone x

Lol! you and me both kid! I,m queen of the re-starters! Just wish I could be queen of the finishers as well !
Sal x

Hey samsmum1,

I have the same problem with going to group and the only one local I really do not like the consultant, my family member has an amazing one but the group is just to far to travel to. I know I need to group to keep me on track and the ww leader I really like which is why I tend to stick with it.

For some strange reason I seem to forget about filling and healthy as I've done it a few times and liked it. I would say though I do tweak it a bit and I know a few others do to. For example, if I only got white pasta/rice then I use it and also I don't count fat free yogurts either. Maybe it worth trying something along those lines. Some people may see it as cheating but I see it as making it work for me and if the weight comes off then why not. Got me thinking about sticking with ww now and giving filling and healthy a go lol.

Best of luck,
Dan x

I have only just started sw but have been a ww girl on and off over the last few years.
I did lose 3 stone at one point but put it all back on. I decided to do sw as on ww I really don't eat very well at all as I use all my points on sweets/choc etc!

Hiya hun

I tried weight watchers last year and like you I was on the minimum points and was starving!!!
I lost 3 to 4lbs a week doing the plan but I only lasted a month on it. I just couldn't do it anymore.

Now on Slimming world I lose anything from 0.5 to 2lbs a week at the most. Although the losses are much slower I prefer it as I can enjoy nice healthy and filling meals. There's no way I would have been able to stick to WW for the rest of my life but with SW I know I can.

good luck and let us know how you get on xxxx
Hi hun! yep it makes it worse cos both my friends and are on 35+ pps per day and were discussing what their dinners were and the pps were more than I got for the whole day!I,ve done SW on and on for 20 years and as its supposed to be a healthy diet how can pasta n sauces and mugshots etc ,possibly be classed as healthy?! (Just a thought as I love them!-lol!)
Sal x

I have only just started sw but have been a ww girl on and off over the last few years.
I did lose 3 stone at one point but put it all back on. I decided to do sw as on ww I really don't eat very well at all as I use all my points on sweets/choc etc!

Just like me-lol!
Sal x

I,ve done SW on and on for 20 years and as its supposed to be a healthy diet how can pasta n sauces and mugshots etc ,possibly be classed as healthy?! (Just a thought as I love them!-lol!)
Sal x

I suppose because nothing is banned on SW any more than on WW. No-one let along SW says youhave to use convenience products like this any more than WW says you have to use their ready meals

Good luck and let us know how you are getting on :)

I suppose because nothing is banned on SW any more than on WW. No-one let along SW says youhave to use convenience products like this any more than WW says you have to use their ready meals

Good luck and let us know how you are getting on :)
True-but the main selling point of SW is that it is using healthy food (your syn are for the cr*p -or extra healthy food of course!) Of course any diet is as healthy or unhealthy as you choose to make it.All I meant was that it seems strange to advocate something as processed as pasta and sauces as free food.Thanks -I will keep you posted on my success if I get my lazy ass into gear! I wouldnt mind but I can run all day on the treadmill-its what goes in my mouth thats the problem!
Sal x
PS Well done on your fab losses by the way!

Hi hun! yep it makes it worse cos both my friends and are on 35+ pps per day and were discussing what their dinners were and the pps were more than I got for the whole day!I,ve done SW on and on for 20 years and as its supposed to be a healthy diet how can pasta n sauces and mugshots etc ,possibly be classed as healthy?! (Just a thought as I love them!-lol!)
Sal x

I think its hard for you mind to say its ok to eat that on SW. Because if you have tried other diets like I have some things you can eat freely on SW are a big no no on other diets or you can only have tiny amounts of lol.

I do love SW though, and I like the fact I can grab packet/tins etc as well as make a meal from fresh and it still all be on plan xxx

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

I think its hard for you mind to say its ok to eat that on SW. Because if you have tried other diets like I have some things you can eat freely on SW are a big no no on other diets or you can only have tiny amounts of lol.

I do love SW though, and I like the fact I can grab packet/tins etc as well as make a meal from fresh and it still all be on plan xxx

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

I totally agree! The main point that I was getting at was the healthy v unhealthy aspect of food rather than quantity as such. For example SW puts the emphasis on wholegrain/wholemeal breads and cereals but allows unlimited white rice and pasta?!
Still pigsick of counting pps all bl**dy day though!
Sal x

I totally agree! The main point that I was getting at was the healthy v unhealthy aspect of food rather than quantity as such. For example SW puts the emphasis on wholegrain/wholemeal breads and cereals but allows unlimited white rice and pasta?!
Still pigsick of counting pps all bl**dy day though!
Sal x

Yeah it does take time to get your head around things lol. I remember doing SW and thinking omg on WW this would be ....... PP or on SW I'd be like oh no this is ...... Syns!!
i think when you swap diets you have to try and tell your brain to ignore the old diet you were doing so you can try to be successful with the new one and not worry.

So Sal, what are your plans now? What you thinking of doing?xxx

I'm another one who never knows which eating to follow SW or WW. I have decided to join SW (for the third time) on Wednesday. Both plans have pros and cons but I do get fed up after a couple of weeks of having to write down everything I eat and total up my points of which I never seen to have enough on WW. I think I will still weigh my rice and pasta though even though its free.

Yeah it does take time to get your head around things lol. I remember doing SW and thinking omg on WW this would be ....... PP or on SW I'd be like oh no this is ...... Syns!!
i think when you swap diets you have to try and tell your brain to ignore the old diet you were doing so you can try to be successful with the new one and not worry.

So Sal, what are your plans now? What you thinking of doing?xxx
Hi hun! I think I,m leaning towards SW my only problem is I dont really want to go back to my old group cos I tested the water with my old leader when she came into the shop where I work and I hinted at returning.She rolled her eyes and said 'you,ll make your mind up'.The only other class nearby coiincides with the time i have to pick my son up from nursery.I could catch two buses to another class but it makes it an expensive way to do it,but I cant stick to it without the fear of the scales every week!
Sal x

Last edited:
Hi hun! I think I,m leaning towards SW my only problem is I dont really want to go back to my old group cos I tested the water with my old leader when she came into the shop where I work and I hinted at returning.She rolled her eyes and said 'you,ll make your mind up'.The only other class nearby coiincides with the time i have to pick my son up from nursery.I could catch atwo buses to another class but it maakes it an expensive way to do it,but I cant stick to it without the fear of the scales every week!
Sal x

Well all I can say Hun is she sounds like a nice consultant, not lol!! Rolling her eyes at you will not give you the warm welcome you deserve. You could sign up online and do it from home or go to her class to get the updated books then do it from home. Loads of us are doing it alone :) xxx

Well all I can say Hun is she sounds like a nice consultant, not lol!! Rolling her eyes at you will not give you the warm welcome you deserve. You could sign up online and do it from home or go to her class to get the updated books then do it from home. Loads of us are doing it alone :) xxx

Did she though or was it the OPs impression. I can honestly say no consultant would turn a prospective new member away.

I doubt the consultant would have been intentionally rude :)

Back