WW to SW

Did she though or was it the OPs impression. I can honestly say no consultant would turn a prospective new member away.

I doubt the consultant would have been intentionally rude :)

Yeah I guess so xxx

Did she though or was it the OPs impression. I can honestly say no consultant would turn a prospective new member away.

I doubt the consultant would have been intentionally rude :)
Oh Im not saying she would turn me away-but I think bacause I,ve known her for a couple of years,it was just a casual comment if you know what I mean!She has got several enormous classes and is well known for being 'straight to the point'!
Sal x

Well all I can say Hun is she sounds like a nice consultant, not lol!! Rolling her eyes at you will not give you the warm welcome you deserve. You could sign up online and do it from home or go to her class to get the updated books then do it from home. Loads of us are doing it alone :) xxx

Thanks honey-I think if i could brace myself to go to that initial class then I would be able to continue-its just the fear of 'the look' which is ridiculous really! I,m 50 next year I really ought to get a grip!
Lol!x

Hey,
I'm starting back on sw in the morning after switching between ww and sw constantly (and a few other diet plans thrown in) but this time I'm going to stick with it.

I don't find I'm starving on ww because I have a lot more pp than the minimin but I do find I waste my pp on rubbish foods just because I can really. Plus counting absolutely everything I put in my mouth is making me obsess over food and constantly thinking about it which then makes me want to eat :( plus I have ocd which really doesn't help with this.

I'm hoping that this time I can manage more than a week on sw because when I do stick to it I have good losses but also find cooking for the whole family a lot easier without the constant adding of pp. Only thing is I find myself wanting to add up the pp to make sure I haven't gone over, need to stop this habit!

Don't get me wrong I think ww is a fab diet but just isn't working for me anymore. I'm hoping there are some lovely people out there that will give me a much needed talking to when I feel the need to switch as I know it will happen.

As far as losses are concerned I'm willing to take a slower loss if it means my world doesn't revolve around everything I put in my mouth and that I can relax around food abit more.

Good luck if you decide to switch :)

Dan x

Hi Dan! I see from your other thread that you,ve decided to stick with WW- are you doing fillimg and healthy cos its like Sw or having another bash at pps?Only wondering cos i,m in the same predicament? Lol!
Sal x

I lost 3 stone twice (after each of my pregnancies) with WW and I loved it. Then they changed the whole points plan and I couldn't get my head around it! Just moved back to SW after a year actually gaining on WW as I couldn't keep to the allowance, I couldn't get full!
Also I'm just too busy to weigh, measure and count everything all the time!
Over the past 4 years I've been on both plans and I have to say my losses were always much bigger on SW, around 3 lb a week whereas it was never more than 1/2 to 1lb a week on WW.

See ive just come over from slimming world to ww because i just had so much guilt with sw plus i need to learn to not stuff my face with free food just cause i can, because it wasnt making me lose weight, ive woken up this morning on weight watchers a completley different person, Also my friend does sw and she is completley obsessed with what she eats!! So i think its kind of 6 of one half a dozen of the other type thing

I lost 3 stone twice (after each of my pregnancies) with WW and I loved it. Then they changed the whole points plan and I couldn't get my head around it! Just moved back to SW after a year actually gaining on WW as I couldn't keep to the allowance, I couldn't get full!
Also I'm just too busy to weigh, measure and count everything all the time!
Over the past 4 years I've been on both plans and I have to say my losses were always much bigger on SW, around 3 lb a week whereas it was never more than 1/2 to 1lb a week on WW.

Oh thats really interesting cos I think the common consensus of opinion is that losses are quicker on WW,whereas with SW its more of a slow but steady thing!I must admit thats what kept me on WW in the past,even though during PMT week the gnawing hunger has kept me awake at night!I really need to sit down and decide whats better for me in the long run-basically stop messing around and get on with it! Lol!
Sal x

I wanted a fast loss at the beginning of the year as I wanted to look good for my wedding. I was on weight watchers. However, i found myself snacking on skips all night to use up my points. My teas were ww microwavable meals with veg and it was driving my husband insane. after the wedding I had a total blow out and put it back on. Now, I am back on slimmers world ( week 1) and so far enjoying it and having meals with my husband. He is doing more EE where as I am on red. I found that after a big surge of bad food whilst on SW I would put weight on slower. Slower losses on SW certainly, but its more fitting to family life.

I wanted a fast loss at the beginning of the year as I wanted to look good for my wedding. I was on weight watchers. However, i found myself snacking on skips all night to use up my points. My teas were ww microwavable meals with veg and it was driving my husband insane. after the wedding I had a total blow out and put it back on. Now, I am back on slimmers world ( week 1) and so far enjoying it and having meals with my husband. He is doing more EE where as I am on red. I found that after a big surge of bad food whilst on SW I would put weight on slower. Slower losses on SW certainly, but its more fitting to family life.

Thanks for that hun-trouble is my OH can sniff out a low fat SW meal from a hundred paces! Whichever plan I,m on I still end up doing 3 seperate meals-my low fat one OH high fat one and my 3 year olds whatever he fancies that second one!Lol!
Sal x

What things does ur hubby want you to cook him?
Where do i start! We both like different things anyway so its really hard.He,s a massive meat eater whereas i can take meat or leave it.He likes steak with creamy fatty pepper sauce on, with 'real' chips (deep fat fryer ones!)I prefer my chillis where he,s not keen,I like spag bol which he hates etc etc!I love lasagne (including the SW one) where he doesnt like pasta.He loves Sunday dinners and I only eat them to save waste,I dont enjoy them ,they,re too boring for me! Lol!
Sal x

Ok so I was gonna be clever and think we could all add suggestions on how to cut out your cooking time but I don't think that's an option ;)
Ok so your little one can eat same as you? That could narrow it to 2 meals?

Is ur oh at work in day are you at home or work?

I eat my main meal mostly at lunch and then for tea I do either a meal I've batch cooked n frozen or my quick food salad, ham n chips, omlette.

I have to take my hat off to ppl doing this in a couple I'm on my own (with a toddler) but I can cocoon myself n not have to think about someone else (as in another adult) its harder I think when one of a couple isn't following plan.

Ok so I was gonna be clever and think we could all add suggestions on how to cut out your cooking time but I don't think that's an option ;)
Ok so your little one can eat same as you? That could narrow it to 2 meals?

Is ur oh at work in day are you at home or work?

I eat my main meal mostly at lunch and then for tea I do either a meal I've batch cooked n frozen or my quick food salad, ham n chips, omlette.

I have to take my hat off to ppl doing this in a couple I'm on my own (with a toddler) but I can cocoon myself n not have to think about someone else (as in another adult) its harder I think when one of a couple isn't following plan.

Yeah when I did SW before I did a huge pan of chilli and instead of freezing it (my freezers tiny!) I just had the same dinner for a few days (I could live on chiili so thats not a problem!),but got out of the habit with WW (mince is too high in PPs)If I do go back to SW thats def an easier option.Another problem is although i,m at home in the day i go to work at 6.45pm,just when OH decides he wants his tea! So,cos he wont put the fryer on while LO is up he often cant be bothered so goes without anything and I get it in the neck when I get in! Men! Lol!
Sal x

Back