ww vs sw?

mazlufc

hi im trying to decide which club to join, and was looking for some advice. im 21 and a size 14/16 the only thing that worries me about these groups is that i dont like vegetables at all and have been told this would make slimming world hard to follow, is this true?..

thanks
maz

slimming world in persona experience, depends on the person. x

I think it's definitely personal preference however i am biased because i like slimming world, and in all honesty i don't like loads of vegetables! Depending on if you eat a lot of meat or not you may follow the green or red plan or both but i find the green plan easy because the "free foods" are good such as pasta and rice etc ... the healthy extras such as bread cheese and cereal bars/cereal are good too. I dont know how WW works but it always seemed to limit food whereas slimming world focuses on what you can have!! :)

Hope this helps any more questions do ask :D x

Having done both (was very successful with slimming world) I would probably opt for slimmimg world as it worked (until I got to target and then put it all back on again!) If you like big portions taen SW is great. However in all honesty I would actually recommend calorie counting. It's free and there are great (free) websites and apps like myfitnesspalth that do all the calorie working out for you. Also you do not have to cut out any foods just take care to keep within your calories. I ate at pizza hut yesterday (son's birthday) and then got home and had a brandy snap basket filled with strawberries and cream. I still had calories left at the end of the day. This would not have been an option if I wasn't calorie counting. I am however doing this with my hubby so don't need the support of a class. If you're going alone then joining a class may be good for motivation.

But like the previous poster says we're all biased towards the one we like. Good luck anyway x

I've never got to target yet :( but somehow i feel i can do it this time, and of course i am biased :p but i guess it depends whether you are one who likes to count or one who doesnt and babana is right big portions on slimming world and from what ive heard WW is like calorie counting but i'm not entirely sure. I definitely agree though that group motivation can make all the difference especially if you tend to slip up occasionaly :) Good Luck whichever you choose x

Both plans are very good when followed properly. I got to target previously on SW, and maintained for over a year. However, i went on meds causing a gain and i am now following WW as i was concerned about portion sizes. However, if you dont like veg then you might struggle to stay within the restrictions of either plan.

I don't know how you will follow either plan if you don't like veg but I would recommend Slimming World. I lost 15lbs on Weight Watchers but I couldn't stick with all the weighing and measuring of things so Slimming World is the one for me. I have lost 32lbs and counting so far, you can eat so much food as well, it's great!

i do weight watchers and am starving and end up snacking!! dont entirely know how slimming world works, would like to know.

Back