X Factor

just thought it worth mentioning that Simon's contract with ITV is worth £20 million, mmmmmmm who is the winner??

Loving watching this with my girls on ITV2 - they didn't get to see it last night, and have made sure they don't know (a) who won, or (b) what gets sung!

:clap:

Wow - I jut watched the finals that I had taped.

ALex - amazing. Simply breathtakingly, heart stoppingly amazing.

I don't think I have ever seen a more sincere participant on any of these shows. She is a real down to earth bird, and I am over the moon she won.

That rendition was beyond description if you ask me.

Will have tissue ready for re-watching again now.

Great final. ALl three acts were fantastic.

I don't think I have ever seen a more sincere participant on any of these shows. She is a real down to earth bird, and I am over the moon she won.

I agree 100%...some people have mentioned Diva and I cannot for the life of me understand how anyone could see Diva in what she did. She was overwhelmed and her awe of Beyonce was completely the opposite of what a Diva is.

Think she'll find it difficult to match Leona Lewis though.. Same style and very close to same singing ability..Same manager in Simon Cowell so who is he gonna manage better? gonna be tough!

I agree she is similar to Leona with her ballad singing - but if she goes down the route of half ballad half candy man-like performances surely she is a different act than Leona as a whole?

I am so glad that Alexandra one. Her version was just brilliant.

Leona Lewis has stamped her mark on the world and is now reapping the benefits. Love her or hate her you cant deny her talent. Personally I love her, her voice is amazing and her personality is still very down to earth.

I think Alexandra will be as successful as Leona becuase Alexandra can perform any song, toxic, candy man and Beyonce's listen are fine examples in my opinion. She is very versatile and awesome on stage.

Of the two (Leona and Alexandra) I think that Alexandra's personality comes through more off stage as she is much more bubbly than Leona (although I think Leona is more shy off stage) so she will be able to hold her own in interviews, something I think that Leona is still learning.

I believe that Simon will manage both acts to the best of their ability but I do feel that Leona is his gem.

heard the song on the radio today, seems odd to hear her singing on radio. She is versatile but I still think a whole concert would be boring. Would rather see jls live than alex

I think Alex was a well deserved winner, she's not diva-ish at all, she was totally shell shocked. She has an amazing voice and delivers faultless performances

JLS's version of the song was better than Alex's, IMO........ However its not really a song that needs a to be sang with gusto, Leonard Cohen's original version is hauntingly simple and beautiful.

Saying that i found this version on youtube which is one of the best versions i have heard, featuring that bloke that won the "World Idol" a few years ago.

YouTube - HALLELUJAH , (shrek song)

Last edited:
JLS's version of the song was better than Alex's, IMO........ However its not really a song that needs a to be sang with gusto, Leonard Cohen's original version is hauntingly simple and beautiful.

Saying that i found this version on youtube which is one of the best versions i have heard, featuring that bloke that won the "World Idol" a few years ago.

Mmm, that was a nice song to listen to when I am usually rushing around getting everyone ready for school - calmed me right down...

AJ

Very nice version that - nice to hear harmonies when it is usually a solo song.

Thanks for that!

BL - totally agree. Jeff Buckley's version is my face too. Always gives me goose bumps.

Back