X Factor

the right result i think - but is it just me - dont like the winners song

I hate sob stories and people blubbing all the time - but the one time I can excuse people is when their dreams have come true and everything they have ever wanted is there, in the arms to keep.

I know I'd be VERY dramatic if that one happened to me!

I know but I began to think if I hear "its my dream" one mre time I would scream!! They are extremely lucky thats what they should think.

Over here we made a bit of a party about watching X Factor. We all got together and had a chinese take away and watched the show.
All went well to the last segment where the results were being announced and we lost reception via satelite because the wind was blowing a gale. Simon had to ring his sister in law in England to find out the result. The TV came back just the the show ended.

The right result I think.

Pam

i think the collapsing on the floor was OTT, I appreciate she was overwhelmed I just hope she doesn't turn into a demanding diva as if last night was anything to go by I think the potential is there:(

Just back from my Mum and Dad's where I went to watch the final and really missed this thread whilst watching the show - I've had to put my oar in over the last few weeks :p

I agreed with the result and actually with a lot of the comments you guys made.

I heard JLS sing the winners song and thought it was fantastic and was very torn, and began to worry that Alex would be pipped at the post. But when she came on and brought a tear to my eye with her version so I knew she had to win. I have to say though that the first verse of the song where she sang simply was the best, because it did get a bit OTT as the song progressed. It's such a beautiful song it doesn't need a "big production"

I agree that she was a bit diva-ish and hope she reigns that in a bit or it could be her downfall :(

Still very very happy with the result :D:D:D

Any one seen the break down of the votes? Interesting!

The X Factor voting details

13 Dec 08

X FACTOR 5 – VOTING DETAILS
TOTAL VOTES CAST OVER ENTIRE SERIES : 16,469,064
Show 1
Eoghan Quigg 21.19%
Scott Bruton 19.48%
Laura White 16.99%
Diana Vickers 7.35%
Daniel Evans 7.21%
Alexandra Burke 7.20%
JLS 5.03%
Rachel Hylton 4.77%
Austin Drage 3.63%
Ruth Lorenzo 3.47%
Girlband 2.17%
Bad Lashes 1.51% (Deadlock)
Show 2
Eoghan Quigg 26.77%
Diana Vickers 16.24%
JLS 9.21%
Laura White 8.99%
Austin Drage 8.98%
Daniel Evans 8.23%
Alexandra Burke 7.15%
Rachel Hylton 5.01%
Scott Bruton 4.17%
Ruth Lorenzo 2.95%
Girlband 2.30% (Deadlock)

Show 3
Eoghan Quigg 20.73%
Diana Vickers 15.13%
Rachel Hylton 12.21%
JLS 10.81%
Ruth Lorenzo 8.93%
Alexandra Burke 8.83%
Laura White 7.53%
Austin Drage 6.22%
Daniel Evans 5.94%
Scott Bruton 3.67% (Judges)
Show 4
Eoghan Quigg 19.81%
JLS 17.00%
Diana Vickers 15.24%
Daniel Evans 10.83%
Ruth Lorenzo 10.25%
Alexandra Burke 8.82%
Laura White 7.38%
Austin Drage 6.86% (Judges)
Rachel Hylton 3.81%
Show 5
Eoghan Quigg 27.39%
Alexandra Burke 18.35%
Daniel Evans 13.77%
JLS 13.26%
Rachel Hylton 10.39%
Laura White 9.90% (Judges)
Ruth Lorenzo 6.94%

Show 6
Diana Vickers 31.30%
Eoghan Quigg 19.56%
Ruth Lorenzo 13.91%
Alexandra Burke 13.31%
JLS 9.91%
Daniel Evans 7.53% (Judges)
Rachel Hylton 4.48%
Show 7
Eoghan Quigg 31.79%
Diana Vickers 18.94%
Ruth Lorenzo 16.07%
Alexandra Burke 14.97%
JLS 11.75%
Rachel Hylton 6.48% (Judges)
Show 8
Alexandra Burke 24.53%
JLS 24.34%
Eoghan Quigg 19.58%
Diana Vickers 16.32%
Ruth Lorenzo 15.23% (Public)
Show 9
JLS 35.03%
Alexandra Burke 31.04%
Eoghan Quigg 21.14%
Diana Vickers 12.79% (Public)
Show 10 (Final) – At vote freeze
Alexandra Burke 44.02%
JLS 30.65%
Eoghan Quigg 25.33%
Show 10 (Final) – Final Result
Alexandra Burke 58.34%
JLS 41.66%

How did you get the breakdown I was always curious about them.

I have to say I was also torn at the end two, although I struggled to hear JLS say the words in the song. They were both very good overall and I think they will both prosper out of this. I dont normally like the winning song but I love this one and would buy it. Alex comes across as a really nice down to earth girl and I hope it does not change and look forward to seeing lots of her...but its all over now till next year boo hoo....still dancing on ice will be on soon...xx

Thanks for that Daisybank - not something you always get to know about.....and, as you say, very interesting!

I was sad JLS didn't do it, to be honest. I thought Alex would make it anyway, and thought she'd be better off elsewhere than having a cheesy, forced album out - but what do I know? I think she's a fantastic talent, though not my kind of voice at all (I hate all the Mariah Carey diva warbly bits, think they're unnecessary - agree with Sarah, the first half of the winner's song was MUCH better than the OTT production towards the end) - and I definitely couldn't listen to a whole album of that, nor watch it in concert. I could have fun listening to/watching JLS though.....

Just my twopennorth....:)

Oh, that is very interesting indeed.

I find it really interesting that if they hadn't bothered with the judges votes Austin and Laura wouldn't have been out on week 4 or 5 - and also Rachel would have gone week 4 (and again on week 6) and Ruth would have only made it to week 5.

I wonder what would have happened with Austin and Laura seeing that - they both probably would have gone the following weeks - Laura was dropping out down the rankings and Austin seems to have been mid-table at best. I'm suprised they were never really liked.

I know a lot of people (and I mean 10 - 20 I actually know) loved Eoghan to begin with but stopped voting for him a few weeks back because the cheese factor going up week on week.

Also, what isn't shown on the breakdown is the amount of people who are voting. The difference in the percentages for the could be down to the fact that statistically more people vote from the Quarter Final than the earlier stages - and although the same amount-ish werwe voting for Eoghan, the extra numbers of people were voting for other acts in the majority.

If that makes any sense. I mean - Eoghan is clearly whooping butt until the Quarter Final.

I love the Maria Carey warbly bits. I've just watched it back...the girl is outstanding. I don't for one second think her falling to the floor is dramatic. She's just won a million pound record contract. I think I'd be crying like a baby too. I don't think she was diva ish in any way. She was in complete awe of Beyonce....she was looking up to her like a fan would. Give the gal a break. Her dreams have come true and her life changed the second they made the announcement.

Well done Alex.

Reactions: Taz
Did anyone read any of the info about the contracts? They are really tough and thesingers dont rreally get any say in what goes on. The contract is not worth a million to the winner at all

Hers an extract:
Artist: RWD</B>

All talk of ‘£1 million contract’ nonsense…

Today it was revealed by the Mirror that the winner of X Factor does not receive anything near the previously hyped ‘£1 million’ contract. It’s also been made public that the winner actually gets a £150k advance, 2nd gets £75k, 3rd £50k and 4th £10k.

Remember expenses are also to be taken out of the above figures.

The 80-page document has gone to all of Saturday’s finalist (Alexandra Burke, JLS and Eoghan Quigg) and one clause we noted was an artist “may be considered unduly negative, critical or derogatory of the Company – including its personnel and, in particular, Simon Cowell”. So you can’t take the piss out of Cowell after you leave the show? We thought that was the whole point of signing up to the show?

Here are some other contract clauses;

Clause 38.4

Artists booted off the show have to fork out five per cent of all future live earnings to Cowell for a year.

Clause 36.4
You can only sing in pubs for three months after last show – unless gig is being recorded.

Clause 1.41
Contract enforceable anywhere in the world and solar system.

An X Factor spokesman said: “It's not a £1million prize – it’s a record deal. The £1million figure includes the recording costs, using the best producers, and marketing costs using the best video directors. We would say £1million is a very conservative figure.”

I read a bit about the contracts - saw the costs breakdown as well - the £1m includes the costs of hiring a recording studio etc etc.

I did wonder about the booted off artists being tied for a year - especially as it's taken a year for Rhydian to release anything after the show last year.

Fascinating stuff, Daisybank. Thanks for posting it.

I was a bit worried about all the contestants. The hype went on throughout the evening and by the time the semi-final result was announced Alex, Eoghan and JLS must have been extremely stressed. Then having to sing again and wait for the final result. Well, I would have been in pieces. Alex was a worthy winner and I loved her second rendition of Hallelulia - really touching.

Won't buy the single, but would buy the song she sang with Beyonce - I loved that one.

AJ

Back