XBOX

PS3 and MW3 all the way peeps!! ;) I too can't wait for Black Ops 2.

Love my Xbox - mainly RPGs and FPS's! Replaying the whole Mass Effect and Dragon Age series at the moment, plus LA Noire when I get a minute inbetween ;) I don't really do online stuff, I tend to prefer single player games really. Fave games - anything Bioware or Valve make pretty much ;)

I became an xbox fan when i moved in with my boyfriend. I didn't realise how awesome they are! lol Im currently obsessed with minecraft and enjoying playing the walking dead.

Oh hell yes, thats what I'm talking about :) Definitely an Xbox 360 fan!
Currently playing:
-SSX
-Halo Reach (in anticipation for 4)
-Lego Batman 2
-Kinect Sports + KS Season 2
-Your Fitness
-Gunstringer

I became an xbox fan when i moved in with my boyfriend. I didn't realise how awesome they are! lol Im currently obsessed with minecraft and enjoying playing the walking dead.

Awesome, excellent choice of games there! Minecraft is absolutely wonderful, I find it relaxing somehow (if you turn the monsters off). The Walking Dead games have been absolutely stunning so far! Some of the best writing I've experienced in a game series for a long time!

missy1978 said:
Love my Xbox - mainly RPGs and FPS's! Replaying the whole Mass Effect and Dragon Age series at the moment, plus LA Noire when I get a minute inbetween ;) I don't really do online stuff, I tend to prefer single player games really. Fave games - anything Bioware or Valve make pretty much ;)

Dragon age is my favourite game EVER!! Never found anything that lives up to it really!!

Just 100% Lego batman 2 (geeeeek) now playing Dantes inferno, bit of a button basher but not too bad, anyone played limbo? Now downloading the demo!

Kayleehollie said:
Dragon age is my favourite game EVER!! Never found anything that lives up to it really!!

Just 100% Lego batman 2 (geeeeek) now playing Dantes inferno, bit of a button basher but not too bad, anyone played limbo? Now downloading the demo!

Ha, ace! I love Dragon Age 2 the most, I just fell in love with the characters. Although Mass Effect is running a close second at the moment... ;)

Kayleehollie said:
Fenris forever... Aaaaah be still my heart!! :)

Oooh we're on opposite sides then hehe - one unrepentant Anders fangirl here! :p

Might be controversial but I couldn't get into Dragon Age for some reason. Don't know if its because I chose a bad character set up or what, I just didn't enjoy the first few hours so I gave in.

Do you guys have any tips?

Nick-Steel said:
Might be controversial but I couldn't get into Dragon Age for some reason. Don't know if its because I chose a bad character set up or what, I just didn't enjoy the first few hours so I gave in.

I played all the character origins because I'm a geek and I was going for platinum on ps3 haha the one I enjoyed most was the city elf one, also after the battle at ostagar I went and done the circle or magi first as found that was better earlier on to get your xp up and to get wynne the healer Mage who is very useful to your party , the worst one I found was playing as a Mage as I like to be up in the action, not at the back healing someone!! I like to play as rogue but think that's just personal preference!! Get started on it again it's an awesome game once you get into it!! x

Nick-Steel said:

Yeah, playing as a mage is no fun in Origins. In DA2 however it's tonnes of fun. Being a mage adds a lot to the DA2 story as well.

I loved being a rogue in both - IMO the combat is generally better in DA2, much sharper and faster.

Kayleehollie said:
Lol! Well I'm still waiting for someone who can live up to Alistair ! x

I think I'm an oddity as I didn't really like Alistair! Thought he was right whiner by the end although I liked him to start with.

Anders is just... *sigh* What can I say? I'm a sucker for a tragic romance lol! He's an interesting character too if you follow him all the way from Awakening to DA2.

Oh man all this DA talk makes me wanna play it, and I've already platinumed both and all the DC (loser) so I have no excuse, but that was on playstation maybe if I got them on Xbox.... :p

Kayleehollie said:
Oh man all this DA talk makes me wanna play it, and I've already platinumed both and all the DC (loser) so I have no excuse, but that was on playstation maybe if I got them on Xbox.... :p

Or PC? Hehe!

I'm on my 4th play of DA2 - it just never gets old! New Hawke is a bit of a madam - even Varric doesn't like her much :O ;)

I haven't played all the Origins DLC - I really want to play through and do all the origin stories (only done three) but I'm not sure if I can face it again! Really struggled last time :/ Happy that I got my Amell warden though - I like the idea of my warden and Hawke being related :)

I could talk about DA all day! Just love the universe <3

Well Borderlands 2 is out on the 21st so I think all my other games (except for Yourshape 2012) will sit and gather dust for a long while :D

Nick-Steel said:
Well Borderlands 2 is out on the 21st so I think all my other games (except for Yourshape 2012) will sit and gather dust for a long while :D

I was really excited about Borderlands 2 until the whole 'girlfriend mode' thing. I know it was a throwaway comments but it kinda took the shine off a bit. :(

I am very excited about Bioshock Infinate mainly - can't wait until next year!

I wouldn't let it get to you that much. If anything you should be proud in the knowing that you are a good example of why comments like that just aren't applicable to the modern gaming market! My girlfriend frequently kicks my ass in one on one Halo games, and she will be playing Borderlands 2 with me using a Siren character. I know plenty of girls who love gaming and who are great at it. Including a few new ones thanks to this forum!

Like anything for me I see no point in negatively stereotyping anything gender related, it just perpetuates the problems we have already. In short, the idiots who act this way might inadvertently be the ones who aid in fixing it, more girls are playing games, more men are doing things like knitting (me included). This whole gender stereotype thing is so outdated and really just needs to disappear and die quietly in a dark corner!

Back