Xenical and Lynsey- together we CAN do it!

lynsey2510

Hi there. My name is Lynsey, im 32 and im from Merseyside. I live with my partner Chris and we have a gorgeous daughter, Ava, who will be 4 in April.

Little bit of background on me and my journey to Slimville! I started my very first diet aged 14 :( Slimming world. I was 14 stone. I didnt really have the commitment for it but still lost 1.5 stone, which I put back on when I stopped going. Every year of my life an extra stone went on, aged 16, 16 stone, aged 17, 17 stone, until I got to 21 and I was 21 stone :cry:

I had tried so many diets throughout the years, none with huge success. After I had Ava in 2006, I was the heaviest Id ever been, must of been around 23 stone. I was so down and depressed about my weight, it was a viscious circle. I was down so I ate a huge bar of chocolate or 2. In 2008 I joined Lightlife. I didnt eat any food for 4 months and lost 4 stone. When I went back to food, it spiralled and I put all the weight back on :cry::cry:

Last year I looked into getting a gastric band as Im so desperate to lose this weight. My body hurts. I cant do all the things I want to do with my little girl, she deserves so much better than this. My health is in danger being this big. My parents worry so much about me and I feel awful about that. Anyway, I didnt go through with gastric band as its such a huge thing and I was worried about the surgery and I honestly thought, do I REALLY want to do something so drastic? Why cant I just do this myself?!??

So here Iam. Im 24 stone and 9lbs. Im disgusted with myself at being that over weight. Enough is enough. I got Xencial from my GP and im also doing slim fast at the same time. Just had my first shake and tablet :) will be having a banana soon too.

Please let this be the one! Please. Im going to try my hardest. Alot of the other members on this board are fantastic role models and inspirations. Keep up the work and I hope to join you in the world of losing!

Lynsey. xx

Hey Lynsey.
Good luck on your weight loss journey.
Don't forget to come on here and post lots as I have found that the support I get from people on here and also doing the little weight loss challenges really motivate me to keep going!

Claire x

Hi Lynsey, you have come to the right place! Post often, there will always to be someone here to talk to you and give you advice. If you can get your head in the right place the rest will follow. Good luck!

KB x

Welcome & Good Luck x

Thanks ladies.

Well day one over and now on to day two! Had pasta in a tomato and herb sauce with chicken breast for tea yesterday, was yummy. For my snacks I had a banana in the morning, snack a jacks for my break in work around 4pm, then another banana after my tea. Need to do a shop today to get some low fat snacks in.

Had my milkshake at 7am today and just had a banana. For tea tonight im having fish and steamed veg probably with a low fat sauce. No side effects as yet. Its going well but iam using all my willpower as I could quite happiley go and stuff my face right now. Today is pay day, we normally get a Pay Day take away! Not tonight though. Looking forward to my low fat tea anyway.

Hi Lynsey. glad its going well so far! x

So an update. My first week started very well. Then a few days in it went donw hill very quickly. I found that having the Slim Fast wasnt for me and I binged on food because I was that hungry. It wasnt healthy food either. So the first week was a write off, I didnt even get weighed and had stopped the tablets.

Come last Friday I wa feeling very down, depressed and worthless. Then my 3 year old daughter told me that her little friend in Kindergarten had said to her " Your mummy is fat" it broke my heart. It felt like a kick in the stomach. This is what I didnt ever want to happen, for my daughter to get involved and treated like this because of me. Once she was in bed that night, I sobbed my heart out.

Saturday morning I pulled myself together and decided this is it. No more messing about. I NEED to do this. After much self analyzing ive realised I do have a binge eating problem and im seeking help for that but I got straight back on the hourse as they say on the Saturday and started my tablets and healthy eating.

I got weighed today and lost 4lbs, bit disappointed with that as im over 24 stone and thought it would be a bigger loss. I think I should probably get weighed on Saturday though, as it wasnt until then that I really started again. Will make sure I do this. Im going to post a few of my meals that ive had and if anyone reads this if they could let me know if these sound ok? Thanks in advance! Next goal is to lose 1stone, im 4lbs down at the moment and also I want to do some exercise.

Meals:

Cod in parsley sauce, veg, new pots.
Baby leaf salad, very low fat salad dressing, toms, cucumber, tuna or chicken.
Steak ( no fat ) corn on the cob, new pots.
Low fat chicken curry with rice.
Rice Krispies for breakfast.
Salads for lunch.
Fruit and low fat yoghurts for snacks.

Todays menu -

Breakfast - Semi Skimmed milk and Rice Krispies

Snack - Walkers Sun Bites and a banana

Lunch - Baby leaf salad, cucumber, cherry toms, small tin of Weight Watchers tuna, sweetcorn and light mayo, Good to yourself Light Italian dressing and cottage cheese on a jacket. Followed by a Weight Watchers Chocolate mousse.

Snack - Apple and low fat yoghurt

Tea - Pasta, baby leaf salad, cherry toms, mushrooms in a low fat mascarpone sauce.

snack - orange and grapes

Lynsey the only thing I would say is watch those Walkers Sun Bites, they're not low fat ( they're 22% fat), and even though a bag is say 5.6g fat for a 25g bag, and therefore you're fat grams are maybe low for your daily intake, the percentage of fat could very well coz a side effect for you. The Walkers Baked crisps are a better if you really want a crisp. they're slightly over the 5% rule ( I think depending on the flavour they're 7 or 8% fat).
x

Thank you SO much Ali!! Ive just rechecked the pack and ive read the bloody info the wrong way round, grrrrr, how stupid! Wont be having them again then! Good job my other half was eying them, he can have them now! Thanks again.

Todays menu -

Breakfast - Rice Krispies with s/skimmed milk.

Snack - Low fat yoghurt

Lunch - Left over from last nights pasta mascarpone :) yum

Snack - Banana and a weight watchers belgian chocolate mousse.

Tea - Large jacket potato with baby leaf salad, cucumber, cherry toms, mixed with a small weight watchers tuna, mayo and sweetcorn, cottage cheese and no fat italian dressing.

Snacks tonight - apple and grapes.

Great day today. Had lots of Easter eggs shoved in my face today from my daughter :sigh: we met up with friends and were swapping eggs for the children, really had to use my willpower today, well done me! :D

Now, Ive just been on my fittness pal and its saying that I should be having calories of around 1900 a day?, that seems alot to me. Iam very over weight so maybe that is why. Im coming in below that anyway, around 1500, does this seem about right? Ive never been one to count calories, think it can become obsesive but will keep an eye on them with the calorie tool on there.

Right now the sun is shinning, it is freezing but its stopped raining so im off out for a brisk walk!

That sounds about right Lynsey. The more you have to lose, the more calories your body consumes just doing normal day-to-day stuff. Why not start out at 1500, but allow yourself up to the full amount if you're feeling especially deprived/hungry, or on special occasions.
Don't cut your calories too much though for two reasons:
1. you don't want to knock your body into starvation mode. Meaning that your body will cling onto every calorie for dear life because it thinks there's a famine!
2. you need to be able to cut your calories again further down the line if/when your weight loss grinds to a halt. Don't start too low, or you'll have nowhere to go if that happens.

I know what you mean about not wanting to become calorie obsessed. I don't count the calories in things like salad, milk in tea, and some vegetables, but I tot up roughly how many calories I'm having each day in my head.
If I feel like I need to rein myself in, then I start calculating a bit more accurately, but the less rigid way seems to work for me on the whole.

Well done on the willpower by the way! I have two eggs in the house, but I've put them out of sight so I'm not tempted! :D

Thanks for the info Alex. Will try and stick to the 1900 kcals for now. My fitness Pal is a Godsend!

Todays Menu -

Breakfast - Rice Krispies with s/skimmed milk.

Lunch - Ham salad sandwich with a drizzle of italian dressing ( love it ) Low fat yoghurt and banana.

Snack - apple and low fat yoghurt

Tea - Large jacket potato with mixed veg and roasted chicken fillets with bisto gravy granuels. Yum!

Snack - Orange and a Low fat rice pudding.

I love my fitness pal too!! It's a bit hit and miss sometimes with the stuff on it though

So, Easter Day :cry:

There was to much chocolate around me for my liking. Iam a chocoholic, really I am. I think it is an addiction for me, Id go through 2 huge bars a day easy and then small normal size bars :eek: So yesterday was always going to be hard, especially in my first week of this diet. I had 1 Easter Egg and then for dinner last night we had Frozen Fish in batter and potato wedges :sigh:

A new day today :) This is something of a milestone for me to be honest. what normally happens if I slip up in the diet is think, oh well Ive messed up big time, feel awful and then forge the diet and carry on eating like a pig as I feel so guilty but not this time, back on it today. So what, ive had a blip, not the end of the world, I have to learn not to beat myself up too much if I do "blip".

So going to pull the calories in today a bit to make up for yesterday, just had amy usual Rice Krispies, will have a nice salad for lunch and fish and veg for dinner tonight. Still waiting to get weighed too. Will try and go to another Boots tmrw morning if I can.

Back