Xenical and Work

LizB

Hi all,

I'm really sorry if this type of post has been posted before and you are sat thinking not another one again. But how do you cope with side effects at work. Does less than 5g per 100g of fat really stop the oil slick? The reason why I ask is I work in the soft drinks industry and obviously due to my line of work food hygiene is paramount and if I have any form of the runs I need to have 48 hours off from work. If I have side effects often it might end up with me having problems at work. I don't particularly want to lose my job at the moment especially when it is so hard to get a job anyway. My doctor was quite keen for me to try xenical but this was before I had my job. Does anyone have any advice for me, I know not everyone has the same side effects but after having dire consequences from metformin (used as a PCOS treatment) I'd like to know if any one out there has never had issues, or whether with my job it is just better to not try them.

I hope that sort of makes sense and thank you to everyone who reads and/or replies!
Liz

Hi I've been on tabs for 2.5 weeks & I've stuck to the 5% rule & had no side effects what so ever x

If you stick to the rules completely then you will be fine.. They def work helping you loose weight!! But more than that they help by re educating you about how to eat better and change your eating habits.

If you have POCS?? A low GI diet alongside the xen would work.. Help?? Some one else is trying this.. And I've read about it in the south beach diet books - super charged one :)

Good luck

Yes I have pcos & for my first 2 weeks I've just cal counted n only lost 1.5lbs over 2 weeks but this third week ive tried to make majority of my choices low gi & I'm already 3.5lbs off n don't weigh in officially till Thursday x

I think if you have a runny tummy because of too much fat it would be ok for you to work as although it is like the trots its not because you have caught an infection which is likely to be contagious. The tango effect is purely a side effect of xen / excess fat intake. Hope this helps.

Hi there

Like you I was worried about problems at work, I work in a call centre so can't just dash off! The fear kept me eating completely within the 5g rule & not none did tango happen in the 20 weeks I took them for. So in my experience it would say you'll only have a problem if you eat outside of the rules. I think maybe go to see your Doc & give it a go x

I do plan to go see my useful doctor. I am having joint problems and at 21 is never a good thing so I am between trying xenical or seeing if my local health authority will fund me to have weight loss surgery now. After fighting my weight all throughout my teenage years by myself to lose weight its about time they gave some back to me be it xenical or wls. Thanks all for your replies.

Liz

Def research low gi & give it a try. I've found losing weight with pcos isn't impossible we just lose it slower. I got a fab book from amazon about pcos & a low gi diet. Really informative book & well worth a read. It's made everything make sense. X x x

Back