XENICAL PLEASE HELP!!

kellythepeg

Silver Member
Hello

I have previously used Alli and was prescribed Xenical by my doctor a while ago and have been using it ever since - on and off in some instances I must admit. However, over the past couple of weeks I've really come to "depend" on it?? Sounds silly I know, but taking it has really motivated me in my eating habits and I find that when I don't take it with a meal I feel quite agitated and can't really enjoy eating anything?! (Last Sunday I drove all the way home from a restaurant and back again because I'd forgotten my Xenical!)

I'd not realised how low on the tablets I was getting. I checked this morning and I'm down to THREE!!! :eek: I phoned my doctors and they've said I'll need to see the practice nurse again for a weigh-in before they'll prescribe me any more (although I was told I'd only need to be weighed after 3 months..!) Only problem is - she can't see me until 12th March..13 whole days from now!! And if its anything like last time, I won't even get the prescription that day but will have to go back for it a couple of days later.. :(

I really don't know what to do?? I could buy Alli to tide me over but I'm hesitant to spend so much money.. And are Alli something like half the dosage of Xenical?? Is it worth it??

Oh gosh, what to do??? What would YOU do?? Any advice would be so welcome, I know it's only something little but I feel really stressed out about it??? Thanks in advance, really means alot :) xx

if it was me i would make an appt to see the doctor who could weigh me and prescribe the tablets. at my surgery i can get an urgent appt on the same day. might have to be flexible about when i could see him but if it meant getting my tablets or not i would definitely would be. good luck. you really dont need to wait that long.

yea make an appoitment with the doctor not the nurse. u can still go to your doctor and he will weigh u to see how much u have lost and he will give u your next batch. give them a ring this morning and get an appoitment. when was the last time the doc weighed you? xx

I was weighed on the 12th January and was given a months worth of tablets (they've lasted me a little longer because I've not always taken 3 a day as usually don't take one with breakfast!)

Well I've just rung now and the receptionist is quite adamant that it must be the nurse who I see to monitor my weight...grrrrr.....and that is the first available appointment. I'm just going to have to buy some Alli. I'm so annoyed though because my job just ended last Friday and I'm despeately trying to find another one but in between I could really do without having to spend £40 on bloody weight-loss tablets..!!!!! Grr!! I really don't want to undo the work I've done so far though, as slowly but surely the weight is coming off.. Do you think I'm doing the right thing?? xx

She did mention that I could "drop in a note" saying that I've run out of tablet?? I didn't really understand what she meant and tried to ask further questions but she was very keen to get me off the phone and did so! xx

I hate it when people are like that. at the end of the day u can still see a doctor and get weighed and he will give u a batch of xenical. just make an appoitment tommorrow or something and if they ask u why just say its about anxiety or something. then u will get the appoitment but when your in there just tell the doctor u need some xenical. xx

Last edited:
Yeah I always say I need to discuss a personal urgent matter I don't wish to disclose to the reception staff! X

you definetely dont need to tell a receptionist why you need to see a doctor. just make an appt. i agree with kayee make something up if you feel you cant tell them to mind their own business. (although to be fair most receptionists are only doing what they have been told by the doctor!) anxiety is a great one cos when you see the doctor you will be anxious as you are worrying about your tablets. its a win win situation. go for it.

Grr..tried and failed. In the end I decided to bite the bullet and go and buy some Alli (even just to give me peace of mind if nothing else!)..but low and behold....Boots had sold out of Alli. And ASDA had sold out of Alli. And another Boots had sold out of Alli. Luckily, by chance, I found some in Sainsbury's (didn't even realise they had a pharmacy lol!)

Turns out there's some kind of manufacturing fault with Xenical so everywhere is out of stock of Xen, which has meant (like me!) everyone wanting Xen has turned to Alli..!

I felt like I was involed in some kind of challenge TV-esque treasure hunt for overweight people lol ;)

Has anyone else heard anything about this?? Hope I'll actually be able to get some Xen once my docs get their behinds into gear!!

xx

Yes you'll find a thread devoted to the xen issues :) it seems everyone has had trouble with this. I've been lucky so far but today will tell for me as I go to collect my prescription .

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

You can now by Alli on Amazon. However you can buy Orlistat (Xenical) from Lloyds Pharmacy without your GPs prescription. It contains twice the active ingredient of Alli; it is the stuff you would get from you GP; but you can now buy it from Lloyds online Doctor. You have to fill in a questionaire like when you are buying Alli but you are assessed based on the questionaire by an actual Doctor. I purchased it on Friday, my questionaire was assessed and approved by Monday and I had my Orlistat delivered on Tuesday morning. It has 120mg of the active ingredient compared to Alli at 60mg so it is more effective and better value for money. I just thought I would pass this information on after, like most of you, I have spent ages trying to find and buy Alli.

Now the manufacturers have sorted themselves out we're all getting our prescriptions filled so we are getting xenical for nhs prescription price rather than private.

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Back