xenical sucess people's views

catlover5

Banned
hi just wanted to know how many people have lost weight with xenical and then kept it of once you come of the pills looking at other forums it seems to be the consensus that people lose weight while on xenical and then once of it put the weight on again and end up back on the xenical again , what are peoples views and opinions on this , i am wondering if it is worth the bad side affects to keep putting yourself through them and am now thinking is healthy eating the better option and getting plenty of exercise and just been more disciplined with myself

Xenical isn't a magic fat melting pill. You actually have to eat healthy for it to work anyway. So as far as I can see the chances of success are the same as any other diet and healthy eating plan. It depends on the mindset if the person losing weight. If you're determined the weight will stay off , if you relax and eat what the hell you like then of course it will go back on.

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

i agree it just seems to me that a lot of people who have suceeded with xenical dont do well when they come of it and therefore end up on it again, and your right its not a magic cure , so is there any advice you can give to someone who has come of xenical so that they can keep the weight of

another thing if your already eating healthily do you really need a little blue pill to help, must admit i have lost some weight on these pills, and am due for a weigh in on 10 jan

I need them. My main meals have been very healthy for years with correct portion sizes too. My problem is snacks so xen helps me control this

If you're not convinced then it won't work nothing will. You have to believe you've done well or you will slip.

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

For me the pills keep me from eating the things I shouldn't. I think what you have to realise & I have accepted it is that this is not a diet it's a change of life & I will have to eat pretty much the same way when I've finished my tablets. I'm fine with that, I've been battling this weight 14 years & I'm determined this time...... I've a friend who has lost over 6 stone on them & even though now off them she sticks to it with odd treats & has maintained her loss..... Xx

In terms of keeping the weight off that's up to the individual and how they approach maintenance. Xenical helps you learn a sustainable healthy eating approach for the future.

There are only side effects on the tablets if you 'break' the rules, I've been lucky & been fine but I've stopped the tablets when I've known I would be eating out and wouldn't be able to stick with low fat. Having started Xenical in July my head was definitely in the right place & the tablets have helped keep me on the path. For the last 3 weeks I've stopped the tablets, eaten 6 Christmas dinners and still lost weight. The Xenical has helped the weight loss be a bit faster & helped me learn the rules but I could live without it now.

When I started taking Xenical I was worried that a couple of people in here implied they couldn't see a life without Xenical-I can. Perhaps one reason those who've lost weight return to Xen is that our aims & aspirations change. When I started Xen I couldn't imagine what bring nearly 3 stone lighter would mean, now I'm thinking about the next 3 stone. I'm not obsessed with becoming a size or weight but if I was could understand feeling the need for a bit if extra help to get there.

thank you for all the advice , your words have given me a good reason to carry on with this so thank you , have been exercising more this week which i feel good about , i think lately i have just been a bit down, storm you are doing really well , and so are you lexie and it was good hearing about your friend so it is possible to still do well even when you come of xen so going to get my head down and work hard for a loss at my next weigh in and i will let you know how i am doing, thank you for the support i think without this i know i would struggle , and merry xmas to you all, and hears to me being a lighter person in the next year but starting now :jelous:

You're more than welcome. Glad we kept you on the xen route. As we said not a miracle but certainly a good aid for us xx

Back