Xls and SW

Hiya :) I have lost 2 stone on SW but weight loss is really slowing down. Have ordered xls to help. Has anyone else tried these? What do people think? :)

Its a fat binding supplement derived from cactus. It's widely available but many of the reviews I can find are pretty contrived. At the end of the day if you have already spent £30+ on some then take them. They don't make claims to increase metabolic rate like some of the more questionable supplements out there that can cause palpitations etc etc. however its dubious how a natural product purports to BIND with fat molecules in the body. It sounds like they are claiming its a natural xenical, kind of like natural type of Alli but I have never heard any media reports on it.

Give it it a go but remember that the largely unprocessed diet on slimming world is naturally low in saturated fats so it won't have all that much to bind with kind of making it a bit of a waste of time. I tried Alli once and it said in the literature to not bother taking it if a meal was low in fat in the first place.

As a medic i can give u my professional opinion
on this one ... (Versus my usual nonsense chatter)

Don't waste your money, if you are eating a low fat diet (SW) then products like XLS, lipotrim, Xenical/Orlistat/Alli have limited effect.

They work by binding approx 1/3 of dietary lipids and send them out of the body and down the toilet, usually noticeable on the surface water in the loo as oily drops or an oily film.
Unfortunately these drugs have pretty grim toilet side effects and more or less force you into eating healthily (SW!) and you end up learning a lesson in what not to eat.

You have the SW books/web/app/clubs/forums - this should be enough to help learn what you can eat to lose weight.

(Can you tell I really like prescribing these things?!?)

TMI:
When I was taking orlistat (prescribed from my gp) & following sw aswell it made me horrifically constipated due to sw being very low fat and the orlistat binding the very little fat I did have. You'd be better to save your money :)

Besides the side effects of these fat binding tablets when not on a very low fat diet are horrible and embarrassing

x

Back